It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admin Orders Over 100,000 Extra Body Bags Amid POTUS’ Rosy Framing Of Outbreak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, at least they're preparing.

The Trump administration placed orders for more than 100,000 new body bags for coronavirus victims in April, according to documents and public records obtained by NBC News.

The largest order of body bags was placed via purchase order the day after Trump said that the U.S. death toll from the coronavirus might not exceed 50,000 or 60,000 people.

“One is too many. I always say it: One is too many,” Trump said at an April 20 White House briefing. “But we’re going toward 50- or 60,000 people. That’s at the lower — as you know, the low number was supposed to be 100,000 people.”

The Department of Homeland Security is poised to spend $5.1 million on the largest batch order for “human remains pouches” from E.M. Oil Transport, Inc., according to an April 21 filing, NBC news reported.

Source
Source

I suppose the earlier predictions of 74,000 corona deaths by August were at the low end? I mean we're already at 65,000 so it seems actions of the Federal government indicate a far worse outcome?

So much for this just being the flu. For measure, deaths from the flu range between 24,000 to 62,000 annually. It's been 4 months of coronavirus.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's called planning ahead. After all, body bags are not biodegradable. They will be useable longer than most of us.

President Trump has urged all the governor's to stock up on everything that they say they were short of during the Covid19 epidemic, including respirators.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's called planning ahead.

Oh, they're planning alright. Take into mind, this is just the Federal government itself, not including States.

Stark contrast to ol' Trump back towards the end of February hey?

All the kings men, and all his advisors, experts, warnings, models, and this is what you get.

edit on 1-5-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Oh nooooo! We are all gonna die!!!

I found a way to protect yourself from Covid-19. Guaranteed to work..

Dig a hole 7ft deep. Crawl into it. Ask your friends to fill it in. The 6ft or so of dirt above you acts as a perfect filter for Corona Virus. Guaranteed that you will not die from Covid-19!

edit on 1-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Make that joke to the families of those 65,000 dead americans. This is all a joke to you, right? So you'd have no hesitation.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I found a way to protect yourself from Covid-19. Guaranteed to work..

Dig a hole 7ft deep. Crawl into it. Ask your friends to fill it in. The 6ft or so of dirt above you acts as a perfect filter for Corona Virus. Guaranteed that you will not die from Covid-10!

Says the guy who made an OP 2 days ago, saying he wanted to wipe china and everyone inside from the face of the earth, to protect himself from the virus.... Hypocrite!!!

Seems to me that nearly every new virus originates from China and has for a very long time. Should all of the countries on Earth join together and against China and deal with it once and for all? It would probably be good for our health to just wipe them off the Earth. Seems that they have too many people packed together, and packed in with chickens and bats and God knows what then they eat all kinds of crazy animals on top of it. It's like they are one big virus incubator.

Source

You want to do the same with africa, right?

Maybe you should just go with your own solution and dig yourself a hole and crawl into, dont think anyone gonna miss you

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: MRinder

Make that joke to the families of those 65,000 dead americans. This is all a joke to you, right? So you'd have no hesitation.

I don't have any hesitation. I accept the fact that eventually the majority (80% or more) of us are going to catch the Covid-19. It is just a matter of time my friend. I go about my life exactly as I did before. The only difference is gas is a lot cheaper and there is less traffic on my way to work.

Really I am at a point where I am about ready to TRY to catch it. Then they can put an approved sticker on my ass and leave me the hell alone.

I believe fear is our worst enemy and I try to avoid it whenever I see it in my way.

The universe rewards those who don't live in fear.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I am glad to see I created something that stuck in your memory. It's flattering

+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You do understand the reason for what they are doing is not to reduce the number of deaths, its to spread them out over a longer time period. The same number die either way, only this way the economy is dead also.

Around three million die each year in the US. The deaths from this will be statistically nearly meaningless.

Now, there will be many more deaths from the fallout of the financial collapse worldwide. In fact more people may die now than would have had they done nothing.

As to the body bags, it would be strange if they did not order them. That's just news filler.

It's not good to submit to fear. It's bad for people and people should seek help if they are panicking.

Many of the people who are dying, were already going to die before long anyway. I don't say that to be crass, just honest about it. They would have been on the year end statistics even if this virus never happened.

Mostly this is about being seen as doing something. Those in charge know the facts. They know they are not actually saving anyone.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I am glad to see I created something that stuck in your memory.

Dont be, most people got the ability to remember more than 2 days back. Its great, it helps me locate the trolls in here so i can ignore them. It also means i can look through the BS your letting out, when you say you try not to live in fear.
You seem to be afraid of china and africa, unless you where just being a racist in that other thread?

Dont mind answering, i wont be wasting more time on you - its pointless

Have a nice life

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Probably going to be the version of the Covid that makes people look like they starved to death because the states still on lockdown are killing the markets for farmers and the media won’t stop pushing the idea that you should buy all the meat like toilet paper...

So 100,000 body bags might be a little low. But what can you do. People decided we are gonna get the death tolls predicted whether the Covid can do it or not. Death cultists should never have been left in charge.

So how are you?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Okay.

Ummm, did you want Trump to order less?

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well , like Toilet Paper , you can Never Have Enough Body Bags in case of an Emergency . The President is a Smart Man and that Upsets you Right ? Admit It !

edit on 1-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You should be thankful. One of those body bags may be just for you!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Is that a threat? Maybe you can explain that comment to us here.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You do understand the reason for what they are doing is not to reduce the number of deaths,

I don't see anywhere in the OP where I claimed this would reduce the number of deaths? I'm unsure where you got this assumption.

The same number die either way, only this way the economy is dead also.

You need to learn to comprehend the wider implications of this virus. It's not solely based on number of deaths, but the impact to the health system as a whole and the resulting shock into other areas of the economy. The country only has so many ICU beds and so many medical professionals. It's not something you can just replicate in a lab.

Around three million die each year in the US. The deaths from this will be statistically nearly meaningless.

What proportion of those deaths are the result of involuntary viral infections? Somebody dying in a car crash is not the same as a child dying from a viral infection from school. Surely you know this?

As to the body bags, it would be strange if they did not order them. That's just news filler.

Funny thing is, people are claiming the government is just being proactive. I don't dispute this. What I'm trying to show in the OP is how seriously the government takes this pandemic by ordering that many. You do understand the major argument of opponents to the lockdown is that the cure is worse than letting things be?

You probably do.
edit on 1-5-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Is that a threat? Maybe you can explain that comment to us here.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it was a joke. Hence the smiley face at the end.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes, shutting down the economy was a huge mistake and history will bear that out. They only did it for optics. I think they realized that early on and then they had no way to back out of it, so they lie and scare people instead.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I am glad to see I created something that stuck in your memory. It's flattering

I see you're still reeling them in as fast as you can cast.

Looks like you hit the bag limit in that last thread.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is from the same rag media outlet “The Hill” and it’s dated April 1st. Not the 21st.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has requested 100,000 body bags, officially called human remains pouches, and the Pentagon is looking to buy more body bags, as it dips into its stockpile of 50,000, Bloomberg reports. The request went through the Defense Logistics Agency, which oversees the distribution of the Pentagon's body bag stockpile.

The Defense Department has already sent to two Navy hospital ships to New York and Los Angeles to help relieve pressure on hospitals inundated with coronavirus patients.

On Tuesday, the White House coronavirus task force warned the country that as many as 240,000 Americans could die from COVID-19, even with the country continuing to enforce social distancing until the end of April.

They lied about the date April 21st so they could lie about the numbers of 50,000 to 60,000. It took me approximately 45 seconds to find this .

FAKE NEWS
edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join