It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a meteorite impact Akure, NIGERIA recently 4/28/20 or was this crater caused by TNT explosions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

A Professor of Geophysics at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife has debunked the explanation given by Ondo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu and the police for the deafening blast experienced early on Saturday near Akure.

Professor Adekunle Abraham Adepelumi, after leading a research team to the site said emphatically it was caused by a meteorite

The P.M.News first reported that the blast, which left a crater on its trail, and destroyed several buildings, was caused by a meteorite.

However, Governor Akeredolu and the Police Commissioner Undie Adie attributed the blast to an exploded truck carrying dynamites for a quarry based in Edo state.

Akeredolu even said the truck sank with the impact of the blast.

Professor Adepelumi’s team has given a scientific explanation about what really happened.

The research group did a detailed analysis of the explosion site.

Here is the summary of the report:

” My research group carried out a detailed analysis of the impact site. A circular impact crater with 21m diameter and 7.8m depth was found which suggest a natural phenomenon.

“Water was found oozing out from the edges of the crater.

“The field evidence point to a conclusion that A METEORIC FROM AN ASTEROID BELT THAT TRAVELS AT A GREAT SPEED FROM SPACE IMPACTED THE LOCATION AT AN ANGLE OF 43 degrees created an ejecta at South-Western part.

“No evidence of buried vehicle, buried ordinance or IED was found. However, crack opening that vary in thickness from 3mm to 4metres occurs on the wall of most of the buildings but not at the base of the buildings.

“Also, foreign rocks and strange metallic objects were found within the crater. Most of the destruction occurs on top and roof/ceilings of the buildings.”

www.pmnewsnigeria.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The research group did a detailed analysis of the explosion site.

Here is the summary of the report:

” My research group carried out a detailed analysis of the impact site. A circular impact crater with 21m diameter and 7.8m depth was found which suggest a natural phenomenon.

“Water was found oozing out from the edges of the crater.

“The field evidence point to a conclusion that A METEORIC FROM AN ASTEROID BELT THAT TRAVELS AT A GREAT SPEED FROM SPACE IMPACTED THE LOCATION AT AN ANGLE OF 43 degrees created an ejecta at South-Western part.

“No evidence of buried vehicle, buried ordinance or IED was found. However, crack opening that vary in thickness from 3mm to 4metres occurs on the wall of most of the buildings but not at the base of the buildings.

“Also, foreign rocks and strange metallic objects were found within the crater. Most of the destruction occurs on top and roof/ceilings of the buildings.”

www.pmnewsnigeria.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have speculated if this crater was caused by debris parts from 2012 XA133 Flyby.
It is only a speculation however...

The incoming asteroid, identified as 2012 XA133, is currently being monitored by NASA’s Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS). According to CNEOS, 2012 XA133 will be the biggest asteroid to fly past Earth this month. The agency estimated that it is about 1,280 feet wide, making it over 200 feet taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

CNEOS noted that the asteroid is currently making its way across the Solar System and heading toward Earth at an incredible speed of almost 53,000 miles per hour.

After analyzing the asteroid’s natural orbit, NASA classified it as a member of the Apollo family of space rocks. According to the agency, this asteroid follows a wide path that extends beyond the orbit of Mars. Like other Apollos, 2012 XA133 is also known to intersect Earth’s orbit around the Sun.

Due to the asteroid’s dangerous Earth-crossing orbit and its massive size, it has been labeled by NASA as potentially hazardous. According to the agency, potentially hazardous asteroids are those that approach Earth from close distances and those that are big enough to cause major impact events.

“Potentially hazardous asteroids are currently defined based on parameters that measure the asteroid’s potential to make threatening close approaches to the Earth,” NASA explained in a statement.

“Specifically, all asteroids with a minimum orbit intersection distance of 0.05 astronomical units or less and an absolute magnitude of 22.0 or less are considered [potentially hazardous asteroids],” the agency continued.

Given its size and speed, 2012 XA133 could destroy an entire city and even its surrounding areas if it ends up colliding with the planet.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
I guess we'll see in nine days?

That's how it appears on my screen

Though your link uses march 30.

Unable to run videos on my lappy...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So when is the 'bigger chunk' gonna cross our path or impact?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
nigeriaworld.com...

However, Governor Akeredolu and the Police Commissioner Undie Adie attributed the blast to an exploded truck carrying dynamites for a quarry based in Edo state.

🤔😒

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From previous meteoroid, meteor and a meteorite impacts, I would think there would have been multiple explosion. Example is in 2013, the chelyabinsk meteorite. When it hit our atmosphere, it released a huge amount of energy (26 to 33 times that of Hiroshima) that destroyed buildings, windows, and blew people to the ground. This happened some 97,000 feet in the air. Then there was the second impact that didn't do much but punch a hole in the ice lake in fell into. For something this size to hit the ground and create a crater that size, there should have been one hell of an upper atmospheric explosion that happened a few seconds before it hit the earth. Wiki Chelyabinsk meteor

edit on 19-4-2020 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2020 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire

So when is the 'bigger chunk' gonna cross our path or impact?

Not sure I would hate to speculate. Here is some data on its approach-pass.

According to CNEOS, 2012 XA133 is expected to cross Earth’s path on March 26 at 10:52 pm EST. During the asteroid’s near-Earth intersection, it will be about 0.04453 astronomical units from the planet’s center, which is equivalent to about 4.1 million miles away.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't think 2012 Xa133 fully impacted or yes there would be more damage. I do however consider smaller debris associated or from it possibly making contact.

a reply to: Alchemst7

Future flybys

theskylive.com...
edit on 4/19/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
nigeriaworld.com...

🤔😒

Make sense, since the just happens to be in the middle of a road, and looks like a place with far between those

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

i was gonna say should be easy enough to tell, they find remnants of Meteorites in craters all the time. some are very old, well may not in geological time.

Numerous fragments of Canyon Diablo, the iron meteorite responsible for making the crater, have been found in the area. These fragments range in size from minute particles to pieces weighing over 1000 pounds; the total mass of material found so far is over 30 tons
Impacting Meteorites and Their Craters

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Considered that as well, there should have been some "truck" fragments and or dynamite residual traces found to confirm the governors assessment of what happened.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Has anything changed since your last thread about it?

ATS

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
its an explosive crater, nice smooth slopes, burn marks and even holes in some of the walls and building if you look at the other videos. either an ied , bomb truck or lost old ordance form ww2 or nigerian civil war for example.
the craters fairly round which suggest a steep angle of approach for a meteorite but theres no reports of sonic booms either,
the road was repaired in a few days as well without the metorite being mined to sell at than higher rate than gold if its rare enought?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie
the road was repaired in a few days as well without the metorite being mined to sell at than higher rate than gold if its rare enought?
You don't know what can happen to meteorites? A wealthy man lost a fortune trying to mine the meteorite that formed Barringer crater, because he didn't know this that we now know can happen:

How Meteor Crater swallowed a fortune and strengthened a family

Lewin Barringer knew bits and pieces of the oft-told story of his great-grandfather’s decades-long search for the massive iron meteorite that had caused the crater. Unbeknownst to science at the time, it had largely vaporized on impact.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy
Has anything changed since your last thread about it?

ATS

Nothing except the date is set to 8 days in the future now.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That was my thread though lol

And yes lots more large and small meteorites falling

edit on 20-4-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I want to be killed by a large asteroid impact.

What are my odds?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

That thread wasn't made by the same person.

But regardless of that, one would expect to find at least some traces of the supposed truck if that really was the case, right? I'm not entirely convinced that this was a meteorite, but to blame this on a truck carrying explosives without any supporting evidence does seem weird.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Are we in danger ? Yes/No

top topics

<<   2 >>

join