It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth is dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Truth is dead and cannot be revived. Perhaps truth has been dead for quite sometime. However during this convenient pandemic we have been fed an inordinate amount of disinformation regarding this virus, its effects, the amount of infected the lives lost, the hows and whys the virus made it to the broader world. Some say wait until their is a vaccine others state there won't be a vaccine as in the history of the corona virus a stable vaccine has never made it past stage 2 testing.

On top of all of it in the USA the fourth estate has been an impotent source for real journalism. Instead spreading fear, innuendo, political talking points, opinion, and bias. Nowhere is the truth let alone anyone digging for the truth with softball questions and no aggressive in depth reporting or investigating . The truth has been buried and it now seems never to make a resurrection again.

Who do you believe? Importantly why would you believe anything you have been told when you can see daily how the information given to you is rotten. It has been spun, and handled and positioned to be used as a tool of propaganda. Certainly with the repeal of the Smith-Mundt act this has allowed the avalanche of a corporate media onslaught of falsehoods, fear and anything but the truth unless it instills fear or complacency of the general public. Understand you are constantly being manipulated through information.

Manipulated. Let the word sink in. Understand its definition. Merriam Webster defines the word as a transitive verb, 1. to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner. 2. a. to manage or utilize skillfully, b. to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage c. to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose.

I am concerned with definition 2 parts b-c. You do not have to have an advanced degree to see how we are subjected to this manipulation by our news media and informational sources on a daily basis. Unscrupulously! I don't believe anything anyone tells me anymore unless I can somehow prove it in my own mind as fact. Otherwise its just words without any real justification for existing other than to fill the air with some verbiage. To who's advantage does this all fall to?? Who gains from the people being fed disinformation? I suppose that is truly the biggest question we all should be asking. However do not be surprised if there is not firm answers, or several supposed answers. I honestly think we will never know and will slowly fall into line and become whatever the all powerful masters want from us plebes.

This diminishes your life, it invalidates you! It is a violation of psyche and a nefarious tool to beat common sense and critical thought from your existence! It has lowered your intelligence, it has lessened your ability to keep a neutral stance on any issue, it has pitted man against woman, adult against child, child against adult woman against man, western culture against eastern culture, liberal against conservative, conservative against liberal, etc........

So today it is all about division and compartmentalizing everything and labeling done by people who believe they are not part of the problem or are above the issues. Intellectual elitism by ineffectual intellectuals.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

In just a few short weeks we've been terrorized by our own media and government.

And it's been effective.

Since precedent has been set, government can now infringe upon the rights of anyone they want, whenever they want for whatever they want.

Factum est.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
....Perhaps truth has been dead for quite sometime....

Welcome to this realization. Makes arguing about just any news article an exercise in futility.

What is the point in that?

I believe almost nothing I read anymore. Do you?

edit on 19-4-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Several industries are geared to manufacture crisis, worry and fear. Not only manufacture it but disregard real crisis that harm their operations.

China is a massive threat to the world on several levels. Out of control pollution, human rights abuses, disregard for strong quality assurance, safety and a virtual monopoly on many goods.

Despite all that look what is being manufactured. Praise for China and their "valiant" efforts containing the virus and shaming anyone who says otherwise. There isn't going to be a world concert for the slave laborers in China. Won't be one for all those who vanished in China trying to speak out or one for the pollution in China.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Disagree, truth is alive and well. Folks cling to their truths to the ignorant end.

Facts are being destroyed so that those truths can be upheld.
edit on 19-4-2020 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I remember learning about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Etc. When it comes to Genocide. However what was never taught in school was Chinese Government’s almost mirror image of these exact regimes. One could even gather from “known” events alone that they dwarf a lot of “genocides” that are already considered to be the worst.

Examples —en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Those are “known” genocides and massacres of their own people in roughly a 30 year span from 1927-1959

Now imagine under the current “fog of war” what happens to those people. Not to mention engaging in slavery and child sex rings.....

Whoever can “defend” such a place isn’t a person. But a machine with only apathy to show.

edit on 19-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

....Perhaps truth has been dead for quite sometime....

I believe almost nothing I read anymore. Do you?

Absolutely not!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I certainly understand your point with your comment. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you don't have all the information you will never get the real truth. Points of view and not giving all the info is what kills truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It makes me wonder about the origins of Cancel Culture.

I vote for the re-inintroduction of something like the Smith-Mundt Act ... but simple.

If you're a corporation ... and you speak falsely ... the corporate business license is permanently revoked ... and no one who was serving as a corporate officer may ever work under a business license again, as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Oh you want accountability do you? LOL sorry but I have found there is very little accountability left in the world!
It would be nice if there was some degree of accountability on oh so many levels but..........

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Truth is never killed, it has become veiled in ignorance and fear.

GET REAL PEEPS! And SHOW and SAY it instead of kneejerking APATHY and EXCUSES!

When YOU give up, YOU GIVE UP!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Oh you want accountability do you? LOL sorry

Hahahaha ... not my fault!!

We lost how to apply accountability back when I was growing up.

But ... I remember a time when you couldn't think about getting anything more than a labor job if you were discharged from the service for anything below an honorable discharge. Might have been the USG's prosecution of the Vietnam War.

Whatever it was ... we're boiling frogs in a pot now. Look around.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Words fail me when attempting to describe the coporate media so here's a nice picture.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I have long wondered on this topic, stretching it as I might from here to there. I wonder is there not a difference between ''truth'' and what is true? It seems to me that we all to often consider truth as some big explanation of it all and all to often as some hidden reality that is obscured by the falsehoods of our existence.

I prefer my ''truth'' in small bites, the bits and scrabble of everyday considerations. Is this true, or is this false. A heavy coat is good to wear. In winter, yes, it is true. But in summer is is false. So sometimes yes and sometimes no and let those who, for one reason or another, fight over the wearing of coats strangle themselves in their own staunchness.

Our ancients spoke to this issue of what is true and what is false. Indeed from the reading of our ancient texts we can see that this was a major question of our existence. The inventing of an other worldly superstructures of good and evil, of truth and lies.

I read somewhere once that all of the old Greek Pantheon of Gods was originally written up as fiction, an entertainment for the mind, yet over a period became the superstructure of gods that guided the successes of Greek advances. And of course the Romans who, not being all that inventive in the first place, adopted those fictions and making them their own by changing all the names.

Anyway, the sincerity of your post spurred me to get out of bed this Sunday morning and add a few thoughts to the thread. Right or wrong it has allowed me to muse a bit. I am a muser though all to often not amusing at all.

So I prefer what is true to come to me in grains and pebbles of discernment through the evaluation of experiences then left to roll around in the back yard of my mind until they build themselves into the own rock garden I call my own'.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

The water is too muddy these days to say anything for certain. About all I know these days is I need to breath and intake an undetermined amount of oxygen. nitrogen and carbon dioxide with each breath. Beyond that it's a crap-shoot!
The ignorance comes in with not acknowledging there is a problem me thinks. Fear comes from the unknown which is everywhere and finding the correct knowledge can at times be a futile effort. Likely by design. Anyone who know me knows I am far from apathetic. However I do feel rather stifled in this climate from seeing things clearly and therein lies my dilemma. However you are correct about giving up. NEVER GIVE UP!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Deceivers runs this country and a majority of the world. People are so conditioned to accepting lies because it benefits them sometimes that after generations not many can recognize the truth anymore. Thanks Santa and Easter bunny for the social conditioning you have taught our people of the world.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Theres no much point mourning the fourth estate when we have the fifth to make things all the more confusing !

Besides that the truth is , I'd like to change my useringname to Doctored Bullsnip , but I can't !

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I find this interesting and correct. Truth is subjective not objective. Perhaps I was wrong to use the word truth and maybe should have used the words fact. Because a fact is absolute. A truth can be different in various situations dependent upon circumstance wherein one finds oneself. A fact is a fact in all its forms. Thanks for your input!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Eventually, civil wars will start in different countries simultaneously. If they didn't start at certain level already.

edit on 19-4-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join