It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth is dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
I'll have to say I trust much more of what I read than what's in videos, on broadcast TV, cable news, etc.
The written word is much easier to 'audit' than what passes before us in the blink of an eye.

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I see drones are now in the sky saying "You're too close! Move away!" in more than 1 city.

So it begins. With a virus. And then...

Stay well DBC...

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I remember learning about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Etc. When it comes to Genocide. However what was never taught in school was Chinese Government’s almost mirror image of these exact regimes. One could even gather from “known” events alone that they dwarf a lot of “genocides” that are already considered to be the worst.

Examples —en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Those are “known” genocides and massacres of their own people in roughly a 30 year span from 1927-1959

Now imagine under the current “fog of war” what happens to those people. Not to mention engaging in slavery and child sex rings.....

Whoever can “defend” such a place isn’t a person. But a machine with only apathy to show.

If you want to get all genocidally 'blamey', what happened to the American nations that were there prior to the arrival of Europeans?

50 to 100 million, down to 5 million or so today.

Population history of indigenous peoples of the Americas
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Native Americans in the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit on 19/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
a reply to: nerbot

About all I know these days is I need to breath and intake an undetermined amount of oxygen. nitrogen and carbon dioxide with each breath. Beyond that it's a crap-shoot!

It's what we do on the "out-take" that matters.

Too many idiots with ENOUGH who care not one iota for others for fear of falling.

I WILL NOT BE PUSHED BY ANYBODY EVER AGAIN! And I refuse to live in a world of fools and my voice will say so.

Yes, never give up.

Speak up, never shut up.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

Well depends on how you want to define it. A fact is an element of truth i would say. But likewise a fact is still limited by human knowledge, so it is no more absolute than human knowledge. And i dont think humans know everything, so facts end up just being the most justified conclusion given current human knowledge. As an aside, I think truth is objective.

But in regards to whether "truth is dead" in this world. Maybe, i suppose if we want to call this clown world, then truth doesnt exist, in such a world. And to cling to it would actually be a detriment to you, you will actually always lose if you get to concerned over "what is true or truth." Instead you would have to embrace absurdity. Because that is the life blood of clown world. It is the only thing that can help you navigate it. And in many ways you can then end up having lots of fun in clown world, as long as you treat it as the joke that it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

If you look at it this way, it was called Chinese civil war. I bet the same will happen when Corporations are in full control of the country and do whatever they want. Also China was low tech back then. You don't know # was happening in China because Western Media don't care. When Chinese get pissed off and do stuff, they will actually do it. Every dynasty of China was a mass slaughterfest and hundreds of million soldiers dead. That is how they survive regime changes.
They say "Don't do a land war in Asia."

Part of main problem was before CCP was in control all the rich tyrants in China were the only who had guns and abused it against the civilians. They are the ones who created triads then became leaders controlling a province before the civil war started happening. Japan just made everything worst by invading China. The Revolution was happening peacefully til Japs jumped in and fked it up. Only Chinese can change China. Invading China and attempt regime change without evidences is all out war, not everything can be done by Assassination like what CIA is trying to do.

Dig deeper in Chinese history, don't look at Communist slaughter part of it and assume Communists are the only mass killers.
edit on 19-4-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

TRUTH is Not DEAD , it is Only Hiding From YOU .................

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe for you.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman
Truth is ever present.

Truth cannot be told.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A very good post.
the super rich are in control.
and they are totaly corrupt, its just a game to them.

the internet and news from the people is the best way to slow them down.
but even sites like ATS and others are manipulated or controled by them.
we need more sites that give True news.
and we need ideas to keep them from controling it.
Them = the super rich, and we can not see all of them!

we can Never win...
but we can get some level of control.
and we need strong people to lead us and people to follow them.

Read about the English Civil War 1644.
Oliver Cromwell won the war and executed the King.
On 20 April 1653, he dismissed the Rump Parliament by force.
like now they are just in it to make money and get power.

the people had won! they had the power.
but after Oliver Cromwell dies his son takes over.
and with that it all falls to pieces.

they put a new king in and Parliament takes over.
the power is no longer with a king or queen.
it is with Parliament.

so as we can see we can win but not for long.

"guy fawkes"

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: americanbuffalo1
Truth is dead and cannot be revived. Perhaps truth has been dead for quite sometime. However during this convenient pandemic we have been fed an inordinate amount of disinformation regarding this virus, its effects, the amount of infected the lives lost, the hows and whys the virus made it to the broader world. Some say wait until their is a vaccine others state there won't be a vaccine as in the history of the corona virus a stable vaccine has never made it past stage 2 testing.

On top of all of it in the USA the fourth estate has been an impotent source for real journalism. Instead spreading fear, innuendo, political talking points, opinion, and bias. Nowhere is the truth let alone anyone digging for the truth with softball questions and no aggressive in depth reporting or investigating . The truth has been buried and it now seems never to make a resurrection again.

Who do you believe? Importantly why would you believe anything you have been told when you can see daily how the information given to you is rotten. It has been spun, and handled and positioned to be used as a tool of propaganda. Certainly with the repeal of the Smith-Mundt act this has allowed the avalanche of a corporate media onslaught of falsehoods, fear and anything but the truth unless it instills fear or complacency of the general public. Understand you are constantly being manipulated through information.

Manipulated. Let the word sink in. Understand its definition. Merriam Webster defines the word as a transitive verb, 1. to treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner. 2. a. to manage or utilize skillfully, b. to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage c. to change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one's purpose.

I am concerned with definition 2 parts b-c. You do not have to have an advanced degree to see how we are subjected to this manipulation by our news media and informational sources on a daily basis. Unscrupulously! I don't believe anything anyone tells me anymore unless I can somehow prove it in my own mind as fact. Otherwise its just words without any real justification for existing other than to fill the air with some verbiage. To who's advantage does this all fall to?? Who gains from the people being fed disinformation? I suppose that is truly the biggest question we all should be asking. However do not be surprised if there is not firm answers, or several supposed answers. I honestly think we will never know and will slowly fall into line and become whatever the all powerful masters want from us plebes.

This diminishes your life, it invalidates you! It is a violation of psyche and a nefarious tool to beat common sense and critical thought from your existence! It has lowered your intelligence, it has lessened your ability to keep a neutral stance on any issue, it has pitted man against woman, adult against child, child against adult woman against man, western culture against eastern culture, liberal against conservative, conservative against liberal, etc........

So today it is all about division and compartmentalizing everything and labeling done by people who believe they are not part of the problem or are above the issues. Intellectual elitism by ineffectual intellectuals.

Nice write up , Really well worded and thought out .

The Truth the Real Objective cold Truth is like an elusive animal only spoken of in whispers .

By the time it gets to us its just a deformed watered down story written for a target audience depending on what news network you view it on.

Like this Virus , who is responsible for it, how many it has killed and where its all going differs from network to network.

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hello

Truth called, said it wasn't dead, it was just highly underpaid, and isn't going to come back, until people start believing in it again, and realizing it's worth, over this crap that a simple research journey would clear up...

Truth said to stop using google search to answer your stuff, and pick up a book, or library archive sometime...

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It was the fact that governments around the world started dancing the same tune that began my questioning. Nothing they have said since has done anything to answer those same questions but only create more. It's about more debt, more control - but who are the beneficiaries?

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Lol yep. It's Santa and the bunnies fault. wtf?

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Lol yep. It's Santa and the bunnies fault. wtf?

a reply to: rickymouse

From young we are taught it is beneficial to believe in a lie. Think about that as related to society, business, economy, and government
edit on 21-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

If you find yourself alone , riding in green fields with the sun on your face , do not be troubled , for you are in Elysium , and you’re Already Dead . Alas , Somehow the Ultimate TRUTH has Eluded You .............. What we do in life, echoes in Eternity
edit on 21-4-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I remember learning about Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Etc. When it comes to Genocide. However what was never taught in school was Chinese Government’s almost mirror image of these exact regimes. One could even gather from “known” events alone that they dwarf a lot of “genocides” that are already considered to be the worst.

Examples —en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Those are “known” genocides and massacres of their own people in roughly a 30 year span from 1927-1959

Now imagine under the current “fog of war” what happens to those people. Not to mention engaging in slavery and child sex rings.....

Whoever can “defend” such a place isn’t a person. But a machine with only apathy to show.

Well, do not lose sight that this nation was founded on genocide and built on slave labor...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join