It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Doesnt Anyone Use Logic ?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Minus this rant, everyone of my posts is backed up with math and science.... most of the statistics were started too late and as a result to ensure the deaths remained as high as possible. Michigan among other states have fudged the numbers AND even ADMITTING it.... deny ignorance thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

now your a doctor, a mathematician, a statition, a virus expert ok thanks but no thanks if you were any one of those things you would be very afraid of saying something that got someone killed. There is a difference between denying ignorance thinking you are smarter than every other person in the world.

I will remind you its not one country but virtually every country in the world taking these actions and no your not smarter than every one of them.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Not too mention going to the grocery store for the last month had us all in close proximity to one another. I know some stores recently have been lowering the amount of people allowed in at once, but even then you still see plenty of people not social distancing or lines outside where everyone is in close proximity to one another.

A far higher percentage in most major cities have been infected than testing alone can account for. It’s possible in less densely populated areas they have yet to feel a full spread of the virus, which simply means that the worst is yet to come, without a treatment, cure or vaccine. At least in those areas.

But in major metropolitan areas I believe that the majority of people have already been infected. Probably between 50-75 percent, maybe higher in some areas like NYC.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Never claimed to be any of those things, but thanks again for “assuming” that’s a one way ticket to ignorance.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

MOST blindly followed

I take umbrage at this thought. I didn't blindly follow, I was forced into this. The governor shut things down and I didn't have a choice. So what was I supposed to do, huh?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: Centsay

I have a job, it’s essential(are you at home on quarantine like it matters anyways).... I’ve not taken one precaution any day, except the common sense approach that has been used for millennia (washing hands, not touching face or mouth ) my stepdad is essential as well, as is my father and mother in law. They too have worked almost everyday since this began AND not ONE of us has been sick since November/December..... IF this was as “dangerous” as they say then every person who is an essential worker should have at the very least one person they know that is sick.... so by that logic how come no one in my immediate family (roughly 12-15 people) has been sick or anyone in their immediate family? about 9 of those 12-15 are essential..... it doesn’t make any sense....

Yes, I am staying home...Only because I want to...
The thing is that this is a virus that belongs in animals, not humans...
We want it to disappear from humanity like sars and mers...
We don't want it circulating like another flu or cold.
It's a matter of principle.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Because the public schools don't teach it or critical thinking.

Religious Schools the same.

Other private schools may or may not.

In college you can learn it - it's not what you think it is. It is a discipline that requires study and practise.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wow, you told him! Welcome to ATS...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Why Doesnt Anyone Use Logic ?!?

Why doesn't anyone think for themselves anymore ?!?
That has to come before thinking logically .
Folks get their information from news media , their neighbors , and YouTube videos.

edit on 4/18/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Because you may be an asymptomatic carrier and unwittingly passing it on to others. Your whole family may be that way too.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You might..
You may...
What if..
It could...🙄

Folks just can't handle any type of discomfort or inconvenience anymore, at all.

They will bend the knee in a heartbeat to avoid it at all costs. It really isn't about saving lives for them, it's about preserving comfort and convenience. Saving lives is just the guilt trip.

Things they should know, and know how to do has been replaced by Googling it.

Fines, fees and taxes for victimless "crimes" has conditioned us to believe it's for the good of society and its common place, "that just the way life works".

Being physically ripped out of your vehicle for not showing "your papers" is seen as, "Well, that's what you get, stupid! If you just obey the officers commands, that wouldn't happen!" Then you're laughed at while your new head wound drips blood on the asphalt.

With this virus crap, self quarantining was a suggestion at first. Then the fear and panic was ramped up, and suggestions became "orders", now "orders" are being mandated and enforced on threat of arrest.

This is seen as a good thing for most because god forbid they have to deal with anyone else infringing on their comfort and convenience.

We are mostly a weak, apathetic society dependent on decadence and entitled convenience at the expense of others without any remorse for thinking so.

Be prepared for being reported to the "authorities" when you violate the process that they think will return them to that normality of comfort and convenience once again.

Bet on it.

edit on 4/18/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Logic a double edge sword that doesnt care about your emotions or sexual reproductive organs.

It should really be called Irony, or for glamorous approach, the Wrath of God, or Satan if your a Christian.
edit on 19-4-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Centsay

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

I have a job, it’s essential(are you at home on quarantine like it matters anyways).... I’ve not taken one precaution any day, except the common sense approach that has been used for millennia (washing hands, not touching face or mouth ) my stepdad is essential as well, as is my father and mother in law. They too have worked almost everyday since this began AND not ONE of us has been sick since November/December..... IF this was as “dangerous” as they say then every person who is an essential worker should have at the very least one person they know that is sick.... so by that logic how come no one in my immediate family (roughly 12-15 people) has been sick or anyone in their immediate family? about 9 of those 12-15 are essential..... it doesn’t make any sense....

Yes, I am staying home...Only because I want to...
The thing is that this is a virus that belongs in animals, not humans...
We want it to disappear from humanity like sars and mers...
We don't want it circulating like another flu or cold.
It's a matter of principle.

Viruses have traveled between species for thousands of years. I think that no amount of social distancing or lockdown is going to make Covid disappear. It WILL become like the flu or cold and what lockdown is doing is slowing down the acclimation of this virus.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join