It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 UK numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Did not know where to put this so made own thread. I am not myself from UK so you can all with grain of salt

First ,copy from The Tmes , Coronavirus: Record weekly death toll as fearful patients avoid hospitals

England and Wales have experienced a record number of deaths in a single week, with 6,000 more than average for this time of year. Only half of those extra numbers were attributed to the coronavirus. Experts said they were shocked by the rise, particularly in non-Covid-19 deaths, and expressed concern that the lockdown might be having unintended consequences for people’s health. There are fears that patients are not seeking help for life-threatening conditions, including heart attacks, because they are worried about catching coronavirus in hospital. Experts said that conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure may also be proving harder to manage during the lockdown.

Link

So does that mean , that the lockdowns are actually killing people, because people with different medical conditions are afraid to go hospitals etc, or because hospital beds are for covid-19 patients only ?

On avarage, 17000 people die to flu /year in UK, or even more

Just saying...it dont look to me that lockdowns in UK are justifiable either . But it`s only my personal wiew .

edit on 18-4-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

worldometer uk

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Link

Could not get all the links work in the 1 post, so had to add them with new reply. Is the forum software broken or what ?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
Sometimes people are in the position of having to choose "the lesser evil". The argument here is that the death toll resulting from unrestrained contact would be much larger than the indirect death toll of lockdown.

Other news stories from the UK argue that the reported virus death toll is actually underestimated, because it counts only hospital deaths.

edit on 18-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Difficult to tell as there's been a huge cover-up/non-counting of care home deaths from Covid in the UK. Due to the amount dying (4000+ from two of the main carehomes in the UK) GPs and coroners aren't able to record the cause of death properly as they're overwhelmed.

Hospitals and GPs are still open to people (had a nasty allergic reaction to new epilepsy meds recently and had blood tests in hospital and several in person Drs appointments as 99% of my body was covered in burns/blisters from the reaction so it needed to be seen in person and treatments weren't working. Also was offered standard neuro-appointment in hospital but have chosen to have it via video).

A number of people will probably have avoided hospital and GPs out of fear but GP surgeries, hospitals and the government have given clear advice not to avoid hospital in cases of genuine emergency.
edit on 18-4-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What do people die of? Mortality rates and data for every cause of death in 2011 visualized

Oops ... bad at math. What else did they get 'wrong' to support their narrative?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh well...maybe i have no clear picture of what`s happening there, sorry for stirring the pot

But in all circumstances, everythting is still always sucpicious

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Exactly....see ? a conspiracy

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A&E visits have dropped a lot and in some places by around 50% so people are not going to there and with long queues to get into a pharamcy I'd imagine that a few deaths may be down to people not seeking help but not enough to make a major statistical value.

That image above think theres a typo as 76k would be about right for those numbers and cnba to do the maths so just the 6&7 getting transposed would be my guess.

Theres no way of knowing the true number of deaths due to CV as not every death has a test for it so docs are mainly looking to see if there is CV like symptoms and then just tacking it on the cert so it may balance out with the over recorded balancing out the under recorded ones.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Did not know where to put this so made own thread. I am not myself from UK so you can all with grain of salt

First ,copy from The Tmes , Coronavirus: Record weekly death toll as fearful patients avoid hospitals

England and Wales have experienced a record number of deaths in a single week, with 6,000 more than average for this time of year. Only half of those extra numbers were attributed to the coronavirus. Experts said they were shocked by the rise, particularly in non-Covid-19 deaths, and expressed concern that the lockdown might be having unintended consequences for people’s health. There are fears that patients are not seeking help for life-threatening conditions, including heart attacks, because they are worried about catching coronavirus in hospital. Experts said that conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure may also be proving harder to manage during the lockdown.

Link

So does that mean , that the lockdowns are actually killing people, because people with different medical conditions are afraid to go hospitals etc, or because hospital beds are for covid-19 patients only ?

On avarage, 17000 people die to flu /year in UK, or even more

Just saying...it dont look to me that lockdowns in UK are justifiable either . But it`s only my personal wiew .

worldometer uk

If we have the hospitals overwhelmed because of c19 cases then people wouldn't be able to get treatment for other conditions anyway.

As another poster said, lesser of two evils.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

That image above think there's a typo as 76k would be about right for those numbers and cnba to do the maths so just the 6&7 getting transposed would be my guess.

Good point but other numbers are way off as well, MH and Substances, Digestive, Circulatory Diseases, Diseases of Nervous system don't add up either - not sure if the error is in the original ONS data source or Grauniad, but probably grauniad typos.

Just been released that there's been around 7,500 Covid-19 deaths in carehomes but ONS and Public Health only show 217 so far. 3084 care homes in England alone are currently experiencing Covid outbreaks so the final tally will be pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
That image above think theres a typo as 76k would be about right for those numbers and cnba to do the maths so just the 6&7 getting transposed would be my guess.

84,610 was the 'actual' total of the numbers on the page.

The Guardian doesn't need anyone apologizing for them.

14,607 from COVID-19 in 3 1/2 months ... and I guess that's 'mostly' in addition to the 2011 stat types. 17% increase in Respiratory Complication death rate ... and again, in just 3 1/2 months.

17% is a significant number.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I live in the U.K. I can understand this. Having lost my job just as the Virus hit the U.K, I'm stuck at home with little chance of income for a long time.
I've had chest problems and headaches, probably caused by stress of not knowing where i am and where I'm going.
I'm undecided whether to get things checked out.They could be completely unrelated to the virus or they could actually be the virus.
Being home alone all the time without any outlet to go outside can make you go crazy. I have had a few breakdowns but that's private.

I do think people are not going to get things checked out in case they have Coronavirus. In doing that they put themselves at huge risk.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

...Grauniad...

Really? And people are supposed to know that you are referring to The Guardian???

There's a reason it's against T&Cs to use these kinds of unfamiliar terms...

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Most of the covid-19 deaths are most likely 65+ years old people, same group that is probably every year in the statistic as the biggest group in deaths from flu. In another words, dont it mean then that these are not additional people , but same age group that would die a lot even without covid-19 with flu/common cold .

So by looking only death by covid-19 , some may forget the bigger picture...that a lot 65+ die in respiratory infection anyway.

The way they represent this is: only covid-19 labeled group in deaths , when they should actually look whole respiratory infection group , and count the difference how much there is more deaths. And even that is not accurate as people die for other causes like heart but are now probably marked as covid-19 .

Statistics can be use in twisted ways if wanted, as we have discovered , CDC is master in it , but i assume same is happening in many countrys .

People with some health conditions and old age die every year to respiratory like diseases . The risk group would be there in this season even without covid-19 IMO.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Personally, I think it's an excuse because people are realising the numbers are being massively inflated to suit an agenda. I'm from the UK, I've watched most of the daily briefings and followed the numbers closely..... they arent adding up..... so now they are using other excuses, that they can still relate to covid-19, its wrong, it shouldn't be happening and I'm glad people are becoming aware of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Other news stories from the UK argue that the reported virus death toll is actually underestimated, because it counts only hospital deaths.

That's not true. The toll contains deaths recorded in social care e.g. care homes.

To clear hospitals - just like other nations - the UK has had to stop some routine work, including some cancer treatments. This is because many front-live staff have been redeployed to assist in Covid-19 related work, and also because why start treatments which may put the patient in a worse position if they causght Covid-19.

A&E visits have dropped because many people go to A&E for silly reasons and they are discovering that they get better without clogging up the system. "Real" emergencies still see people going to A&E.

I don't think there is "fear" in the UK. Most people are intelligent enough to understand the issues and take advice to heart.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
That's not true. The toll contains deaths recorded in social care e.g. care homes.

OK. I was just repeating an observation I saw in a news source. Probably AOL. They may have picked up the wrong end of the stick.

edit on 18-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I don't think there is "fear" in the UK.

There is some real fear here. I was served by a young lady in Wilko who was so scared she shouldn't have been at work. She was throwing down and recoiling from the goods and change, and fearfully telling people to 'stay behind the line'.

I expect many people are experiencing fear that is preventing them from seeking medical attention for other issues.
edit on 18 4 2020 by Kester because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join