It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stay at Home , Save Lives , Protect the NHS.... What a Joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We were told on Thursday that the UK will face another 3 weeks of lockdown , Thursday also happens to be the day when when we copy our Italian friends in applauding our health care staff at 8pm , stay at home , save lives , protect the NHS.

The video shows the absurdity of the supposed lockdown and those who do nothing but virtue signal to help the NHS staff who are putting their lives on the line to get on top of this virus , it also highlights the absurdity of the Metropolitan Police force for which they have received criticism today.
Quite pathetic.

Shutting down the Economy for what ? , unofficially the lockdown is over , the government are behind the curve on this and are just causing more damage to the damage already done.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I spotted this on a number of news clips this morning.

One rule for us etc etc .

It begs the following questions :-

1) What do they know that we don't?
2) Are TPTB/MSM stupid enough to broadcast this tripe ?

Download some news clips and if you get stopped, play a couple back

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We here in the state of Georgia just started our "lockdown" a couple of weeks ago . As I see it , we were one of the last holdouts. This came just as the bottom was falling out of the numbers...
Go figure.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
the absurdity of the supposed lockdown and those who do nothing but virtue signal to help

Pathetic, ain't it?

Lockdown is intended to create the reverse effect of herd immunity. Will it work? Is "flattening the curve" of a bio-weapon's spread worth the effort? Obviously, herd immunity is the final state of every vaccination program.

You can't make people participate if they won't. You can only kill them. Who's gonna go there? Who wants to?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

It begs the following questions :-

1) What do they know that we don't?

That is the question which keeps rattling around my brain.

What is happening 'world wide' that is allowing economies to collapse

What are WE not being told

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It's all to push this climate change agenda through, with real change. Just watch and wait.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My brain hurts, there is a need for further lockdown...

Buuut, lets gather up to beat our hands together...

So the message is-

(SNIP) you, sheeple, we are lying, there is no real danger, but obey, because we say so.

edit on 17-4-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

It's all to push this climate change agenda through, with real change. Just watch and wait.

Thats already happening, on the morning news it was said " People didn't

want to return to what life was like before.....they liked the clean air etc.

So I thought exactly what you are saying, but wondered where they thought

our industries, and utilities, and transport were going to come from........

Were they expecting to live in a cashless world of never ending freebies??

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

(SNIP) you, sheeple, we are lying, there is no real danger, but obey, because we say so.

That is so true!!

My head is in a whirl at the TOTAL contradictions being bandied about.

I cannot believe anything being put out, All figures, all policies coming out

DO NOT TALLY.

I dont know how some politicians can keep a straight face while they lie

to us.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It just goes to show that we either need less people or a drastic change in human lifestyles. We can't continue a trend of exponential population increase and pollution.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lockdown is intended to draw the pandemic out into manageable waves that don't overwhelm the system entirely. I can't help you with an imagination if you can't see how all out anarchy could be worse than fixing an economy that needs a total overhaul anyways.

a reply to: Snarl

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Lockdown is intended to draw the pandemic out into manageable waves that don't overwhelm the system entirely. I can't help you with an imagination if you can't see how all out anarchy could be worse than fixing an economy that needs a total overhaul anyways.

So are you saying this clapping thing is a (clap)trap?
And the purpose is to infect some people to create a small wave.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's making the second wind of this thing a possible catastrophe.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think you just feel lonely.

What the #1 thing you're missing ?

Maybe VR can help?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm back at work next week , working for the NHS.

I'm missing my normal life , idiots like those on the video make that desire seem less attainable.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

To be fair, a lot of this is an absolute joke, idiotic supermarkets are now making people queue outside, the only reason I can fathom is because they'd rather people spread the virus outside their stores.

Sucks to be the person with the wind blowing in their face

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm back at work next week , working for the NHS.

I'm missing my normal life , idiots like those on the video make that desire seem less attainable.

I can understand you brother. My job closed just one week and the lack of activity was a torture.

I'll tell you one thing. Once you come back to work, you'll find out nothing is the same.

Lot of people lost motivation and things flow in a different way. Keep working hard my friend.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'll tell you one thing. Once you come back to work, you'll find out nothing is the same.

I've been lucky enough to have this week off , It's been mad the last few weeks with extra duties and plans changing by the hour , it would be nice to think things may have calmed down a little.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

When all exports have been stopped worldwide which is now the case the economy as we knew it is already finished .
What we re going back is not going to be the same. Not for several years.
We better get used to lockdowns because when people find out what the pandemic does to the world they're not going to like it .

Beyond this country and our insular western states a huge wave of disaster is about to hit . And I mean huge . The government knows this , some of us know this , but most have got very little clue . They don't think beyond the end of their noses , or ahead more than next Monday . They're used to not caring , much too used to that.
And they're not going to tell you on the news anything about it they're going to talk about lockdown sport and the Cambridge's mental health obsession , the UK figures , NHS claps etc etc etc low consequence crap , ad nauseam , instead.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Putting aside any economic aspects..

Im really not sure that lockdowns of the full population are the best way to handle a virus like this.

However, they might serve as a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. If what I suspect is accurate, lockdowns only really serve to prevent the touted "herd immunity."

So, lift it and folks will get sick, then cry for another lockdown, then lift it and folks get sick, then cry for another lcokdown. Rinse and repeat.

I mean, we should absolutely look at how to effectively scale the medical apparatus in every nation. Im not sure how this process works in the UK, but it seems that if its impossible, or very difficult, to swamp the medical system.. The issues with a large influx of any kind is better handled than through lockdowns, stimulus, economic crashes, etc.

If we are going to pour money into anything, it might be best to pour it into designing and implementing a response system that quickly and effectively scales according to need.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join