It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid response is a failure in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I listened to a Cambridge virologist, who said their were three distinct strains , A was the original one which was active in the Wuhan region anytime from Mid September , to Mid December, the time that the CCP thought it was mild enough to ignore. But at some stage it mutated into type B then type C , If its type A which is the main one in the USA at the moment , the lockdown is suppressing the expression of the other two types. If the Lockdown ends their could be an uptick in type B and C which seem to have a different clinical signature.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000

Yeah the US is doing SOOO bad, bahahahaha compared to who one country like South Korea that has a population that listens 100%. Meanwhile in America New York a super liberal place that wouldn't listen, wouldnt even stop gatherings IN MARCH accounts for half of all covid cases and you think we are doing bad while in the EU the death rate is way above.

For people to understand how bad New Yorkers as a group failed... their death rate is well over 500 per million where CA is 17 per million.

13 states have 1 per 100,000, 11 states have 2 per 100,000, 8 states have 3 per 100,000, 7 states have 4 - 6 per 100,000, 5 states have 7 - 8 per 100,000.

Then we have NY 59 and NJ 36.... Not hard to tell who failed here in all this.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Its a disease of crowds and travel.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Its a disease of crowds and travel.

Add in stubborn ignorance too as that is NY, NJ and LA failure.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ok, it’s a real stretch of the mind here... we have more testing in the US, and are labeling deaths without testing (40% of NYC deaths not tested are labeled as COV). Here in America there is a proven history of authority using and manufacturing crisis to manipulate the population, you’re close to the truth looking at what’s happening in other countries...

Do some more research and reflecting and you’ll see your ignorance eventually here...

a reply to: ras321

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It’s a population density issue, it’s thinking rural Vermont and downtown Manhattan are one and the same.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Trump did the right thing. He's letting the States and governor's succeed or fail on their own. It's not the governments job to stop this. But to empower the states to do so.

Exactly.

The Federal government should assist each state when assistance is needed. State governments cannot push their lack of preparations off on the feds. States should have been prepared for disasters/emergencies in their respective state as well.

Both the Feds and States have shown that the US was not prepared for this "emergency". Quit blaming each other, co-operate, and fix this $#!t.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Despite the snarky remarks of the typical pseudo intellectuals that haunt ATS, you are quite correct. I was quite saddened to realize yesterday that the US response reminds me of the response of some third world government to a polio epidemic or outbreak of Malaria in 1920.

The US has no effective protocols to deal with this and rather than base a model upon that of S. Korea, they have appeared to assist in the spread of the virus. Now they will compound their failure by ending the lock downs too early which will result in an even more deadly 2nd wave. Rather than mandating compulsory testing prior to a persons release from home into public, they are going to allow virtually everyone to go back to work.. All because......money.

My guess is that once the magic vaccine is released by Bill Gates.....a lot of capital is going to flee the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
It’s a population density issue, it’s thinking rural Vermont and downtown Manhattan are one and the same.

How about LA, Portland, Seattle etc? I agree density is the key, BUT willfully not following orders is also a key as to why some cities are so bad. Just like with New Orleans’s Mardi Gras that sure didn't help them now did it.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I’ve brought this up before in similar threads but it generally gets avoided.

If you hear someone breaking into your house, do you wait for them to be inside before you grab your gun and make sure it’s loaded?

When I was in the restaurant business and we had a big weekend coming up (Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, etc) the first thing I’d do on the preceding Monday is take stock of everything we have and then order enough inventory to cover everything. You never know how many are actually going to show up, but you prepare for a mad rush. Whatever doesn’t get used that day gets used throughout the week or sent to other stores to use.

At the property I oversee, by mid-February I had everything prepped the best we could. Automatic paper towel dispensers on every point of entry and elevator with a hand sanitizer dispenser and a trash can for the paper towels. Common area bathroom doors had foot-operated door openers installed so no one would have to touch them. My staff had their letters of essential status written. Not a single tenant has come to us with a concern outside of requesting additional cleaning services when their employees tested positive. I got an big fat raise at the end of February because of the preparations I made and now that the property is empty, I can sit in my office and stack up certifications via online testing so I can get a big fat raise again next year.

I love hearing people cry about the travel ban and how he was called racist. He gave them ample room to do so by allowing Americans to travel freely between the two countries. That travel ban should have been a strict shut down of all travel between the two. Allowing 400,000 people to travel between the areas was essentially opening the door for the intruders to your home so they wouldn’t have to break in.

And if it’s Trump’s job to “empower” the states, how is he doing the right thing by allowing them to fail? That’s not leadership when you’re talking people’s lives. Sometimes I let my employees learn lessons on their own until it comes to something that could potentially kill them. You step in when lives are at stake because it’s the right thing to do. You don’t teach your country lessons by allowing more people to die in order to play some partisan bull#.

And while I’m #ting on Trump right now, I’ll also throw in that Pelosi was reckless and just as #ing stupid with her Chinatown antics and the Dems strong arming these bills that are supposed to be helping people out right now. It’s just as reckless as allowing states to fail when something COULD have been done to help.

This country’s government is way out of control and everyone cheering on this partisan bull# is not any better than any of them. Everyone should be equally pissed off that we continually throw our hard earned money at these people for them to do nothing but bicker back and forth while stuff their pockets with the money we give them. It’s a #ing joke. But yeah, “Get them Dems!” “Well the Republics did this...” It’s no wonder the government thinks they’re smarter; they’ve been allowed to get away with whatever the # they want while pions just sit around and bicker over who trolled who harder. Idiots.
edit on Fri Apr 17 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

This country’s government is way out of control and everyone cheering on this partisan bullsh!t is not any better than any of them. Everyone should be equally pissed off that we continually throw our hard earned money at these people for them to do nothing but bicker back and forth while stuff their pockets with the money we give them. It’s a f*cking joke. But yeah, “Get them Dems!” “Well the Republics did this...” It’s no wonder the government thinks they’re smarter; they’ve been allowed to get away with whatever the f*ck they want while pions just sit around and bicker over who trolled who harder. Idiots.

Ok captain obvious...
What you are saying is the Government is a slow moving behemoth type creature and I agree. They are too slow, way over cost, barely hit the mark in whatever they do, and the left wants more of that...lol

Your story is a perfect example that the private sector does it faster, cheaper, better than the government can ever do. My company started to institute social distancing first part of Mar and we were totally shut down except for critical areas by the 13th.

If everyone noticed this all moved in waves of restrictions. America is not a country where ONE person can say shut down 40 million people and shoot anyone that sticks their head out as China can and even South Korea is like to a point.

Each wave was unprecedented in nature, you are suggesting that even though the President shut down a good amount of travel he should have shut it all down instantly, wow hindsight is so powerful isn't it, but even the level of what he did was so unprecedented many were freaking out over it. Same with the States shutting down their economy in going from "don't worry, be happy" to total shutdown in less than 3 weeks is almost ludicrous speed in terms of the speed that this government behemoth normally moves, so was this all a failure or a success?

I think using only hindsight it is a failure to a point, just like 80% of every football play can be nitpicked on Monday as to what should of could of happened.

If we look at this as the true slow moving behemoth that it is, we have done some truly incredible unprecedented events along the way within a very short period of time. I say that is success as never seen before.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They admitted yesterday that most Michigan deaths are now listed as China's flu. More money there.

Whatever happened to the regular flu???

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
Ok let's measure it economically. Doesn't look better. reply to: VictorVonDoom

Imagine this:

Suppose the virus was intelligent.

Before it enters the US, it issues a warning. "People of the United States, here's what I want you to do. I want you to lay off most people in the service industry. I want you to tank your economy. I want you to give up your right to peaceably assemble. I want most of the country to stay home and avoid contact with others. Do this, and I may only kill at most 100,000 people. Don't do this and I may kill up to 30 million."

Should we sacrifice our rights or our lives?

Now, instead of an intelligent virus let's suppose it was an alliance of countries issuing the same demand. Should we fight to keep our rights or just surrender and do as we are told? If keeping our rights is not worth lives, do we need a military? After all, if saving lives is more important than keeping our rights, then no one should be asked to make sacrifices to maintain our rights.

Maybe we should measure our response to this virus not in lives or money lost, but in how we maintain our identity as a free nation in the face of this challenge. We can't guarantee anyone life, everyone dies eventually. Our "money" is smoke and mirrors and manipulated by international bankers. The only thing we can really leave future generations are the same rights and freedoms we had, assuming we don't give them up.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

ras321 Great OP! You have a lot of support despite the blind who won't see the truth right before their eyes.

The heedless, in the end, will unfortunately only hurt themselves by remaining amongst the deaf, the dumb, and the blind!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
I’ve brought this up before in similar threads but it generally gets avoided.

If you hear someone breaking into your house, do you wait for them to be inside before you grab your gun and make sure it’s loaded?

When I was in the restaurant business and we had a big weekend coming up (Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, etc) the first thing I’d do on the preceding Monday is take stock of everything we have and then order enough inventory to cover everything. You never know how many are actually going to show up, but you prepare for a mad rush. Whatever doesn’t get used that day gets used throughout the week or sent to other stores to use.

At the property I oversee, by mid-February I had everything prepped the best we could. Automatic paper towel dispensers on every point of entry and elevator with a hand sanitizer dispenser and a trash can for the paper towels. Common area bathroom doors had foot-operated door openers installed so no one would have to touch them. My staff had their letters of essential status written. Not a single tenant has come to us with a concern outside of requesting additional cleaning services when their employees tested positive. I got an big fat raise at the end of February because of the preparations I made and now that the property is empty, I can sit in my office and stack up certifications via online testing so I can get a big fat raise again next year.

I love hearing people cry about the travel ban and how he was called racist. He gave them ample room to do so by allowing Americans to travel freely between the two countries. That travel ban should have been a strict shut down of all travel between the two. Allowing 400,000 people to travel between the areas was essentially opening the door for the intruders to your home so they wouldn’t have to break in.

And if it’s Trump’s job to “empower” the states, how is he doing the right thing by allowing them to fail? That’s not leadership when you’re talking people’s lives. Sometimes I let my employees learn lessons on their own until it comes to something that could potentially kill them. You step in when lives are at stake because it’s the right thing to do. You don’t teach your country lessons by allowing more people to die in order to play some partisan bullsh!t.

And while I’m sh!tting on Trump right now, I’ll also throw in that Pelosi was reckless and just as f*cking stupid with her Chinatown antics and the Dems strong arming these bills that are supposed to be helping people out right now. It’s just as reckless as allowing states to fail when something COULD have been done to help.

This country’s government is way out of control and everyone cheering on this partisan bullsh!t is not any better than any of them. Everyone should be equally pissed off that we continually throw our hard earned money at these people for them to do nothing but bicker back and forth while stuff their pockets with the money we give them. It’s a f*cking joke. But yeah, “Get them Dems!” “Well the Republics did this...” It’s no wonder the government thinks they’re smarter; they’ve been allowed to get away with whatever the f*ck they want while pions just sit around and bicker over who trolled who harder. Idiots.

Well said. The US government has become a joke. They need to get their $#!t together soon. The frustration and tension from this "2 more weeks" crap is about to blowup in their faces.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frodolives
You can't make folks see what's in front of them.
This is a corporate takeover of the country. They eliminated all the competition.
It is mostly the large corporations that are raking in the dough.

Well observed, sir, if a little late.

Eisenhower warned us about it. The Oil Crisis escalated it. The Global Credit Crunch completed it and Trump signed it off.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Maybe we should measure our response to this virus not in lives or money lost, but in how we maintain our identity as a free nation in the face of this challenge. We can't guarantee anyone life, everyone dies eventually. Our "money" is smoke and mirrors and manipulated by international bankers. The only thing we can really leave future generations are the same rights and freedoms we had, assuming we don't give them up.

How many lives is acceptable to lose?

How many of your loved ones and friends are you prepared to lose?

(post by ImJustVisiting removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join