It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing with your Covid-19 compensation (aka”Trump Bucks)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It’s not that my wife doesn’t appreciate it- it’s just that there are only so many times I can validate the expenditure, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Now you’re reminding me I should get some new bits... I want to make some nice planters for the front, but I think I might use a jig. Damnit.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod
I like it!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

My neighbor is in the same boat. I feel for him, cause I know it would help. But he says they are fine, so I just left the offer out there for him if this lasts much longer.

I actually don't need it, BUT I do pay a crap load in taxes.... I also see a good number here really do not need it too by what they suggest they are going to spend it on.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Before covid19 shutdown started I was on medical leave from work for another illness. I've already paid out more than $4000 out of my own pocket for treatment despite having medical insurance. Treatment will last several months and I have been unable to go back to work due to the side effects from chemo. Eventually I will run out of sick leave and vacation time and I will stop getting paid. The money will come in handy to pay bills, both medical and household.

I have 2 adult relatives living in my house but unfortunately they are both my dependents and no good for contributing financially to the household.

Actually I feel really grateful to get the stimulus money. It just might save me from having to retire or sell my house.

Sal

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wasn't sure we'd get a check, so we really didn't make any plans for it. Most of it went into savings already. I know the purpose is to feed the economy, so we'll spend some of it -- but all local. I was already going to get some soil for new raised beds at a family-owned nursery, and get my A/C re-charged at a local car repair shop. I don't know if that would count since I wanted to do that anyway...

Maybe a new sofa and loveseat? Surprisingly enough, furniture stores are considered "essential"!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If you ask me, none of this is a good idea. But I look at it this way- before marriage and kids, I paid WAY more in taxes, so I’ll take the break.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Now you’re just making me jealous.

I want a 4’x8’ from Avid CNC so I don’t wish I would have went bigger. Add a rotary first and the plasma table next. There I go dreaming again.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Firewood. Start looking for a 50's or 60's pickup.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well there certainly wasn't a moratorium on my back taxes payment plan it was pulled out for April, and checking on the Find My Payment it had no information for my SSN. I'm hoping its because I haven't filed 2019 yet though have filed 2018 and it is part of my payment plan. Tried to call weeks ago and never got a response after 3 plus hours on hold, of course I know they are slammed.
edit on 15-4-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I’m trying to get into making polished concrete counters for some light kitchen/bathroom remodeling- trust me, there’s a few toys I’m trying to convince the wifey we need...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Argen

I got a friend with a flair side out in Utah who is looking to sell in order to get a new roof over his head (literally- they’re roof is toast). Is this enough of a stimulus? How many kids do you have?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

First- let me say to you, truly, that I am proud of you being so strong, and fighting so hard, in the face of cancer. I am now cancer free, and it was hard. Your battle seems even more daunting, but you seem even more courageous than anyone I know.

Second- I am glad that this stimulus will be of some help. It’s not always political, nor is it always about fighting with each other. Sometimes it’s about bigger, more important things.

Be well, I will carry you in my thoughts and prayers- really.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Hey..

When you look at doing that, look into designing it to be able to change out the CNC motor for a 3D printer head (and back again, naturally).

Two very, very useful tools in one

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Piglets and bitcoin!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I can’t argue against baby bacon!

Listen to them squeal!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I like that idea, the one I’m looking into can support a dual gantry so I could always leave one with the printer head attached.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I’ve watched that on YouTube and it’s really nice, maybe show your wife what the outcome of the concrete looks like.

If you’re real good you can make her think it was her idea.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you so much. I'm also grateful for the prayers and positive thoughts of so many people in my life.

Sal

First- let me say to you, truly, that I am proud of you being so strong, and fighting so hard, in the face of cancer. I am now cancer free, and it was hard. Your battle seems even more daunting, but you seem even more courageous than anyone I know.

Second- I am glad that this stimulus will be of some help. It’s not always political, nor is it always about fighting with each other. Sometimes it’s about bigger, more important things.

Be well, I will carry you in my thoughts and prayers- really.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So I am starting small, that way if the framing/settling (or any stage) doesn’t work, I can easily toss it. I’m thinking the vanity in the 1/2 bath, fit for a bowl sink. I really want it to work, and I already got some dye I like.
edit on 15/4/2020 by ThouArtGod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join