It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isreal has green light for airstrikes in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans for a combined air and ground attack on targets in Iran if diplomacy fails to halt the Iranian nuclear programme.
The inner cabinet of Ariel Sharon, the Israeli prime minister, gave “initial authorisation” for an attack at a private meeting last month on his ranch in the Negev desert.

People get kind of chatty when Saharon throws a party, and here they discuss the future of Iran, and the rest of the world..

Israeli forces have used a mock-up of Iran’s Natanz uranium enrichment plant in the desert to practise destroying it. Their tactics include raids by Israel’s elite Shaldag (Kingfisher) commando unit and airstrikes by F-15 jets from 69 Squadron, using bunker-busting bombs to penetrate underground facilities.

They are actively training to attack them with mock ups and have told the US...

Dick Cheney, the American vice-president, emphasised on Friday that Iran would face “stronger action” if it failed to respond. But yesterday Iran rejected the initiative, which provides for entry to the World Trade Organisation and a supply of spare parts for airliners if it co-operates.

So, Iran has effectively stted they do not want to join the rest of the world but the want nukes for what???

US officials warned last week that a military strike on Iranian nuclear facilities by Israeli or American forces had not been ruled out should the issue become deadlocked at the United Nations

This would effectively be the Pearl Harbor of this war. 9/11 drew us furtherinto a conflict we should have stayed out of, but could not. Iran is not a joke, but Isreal has a itchy trigger finger, and always has....

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
and people question why Iran should have nukes
with a neigbour like that on their doorstep

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is something almost comical about having a secret plan that everyone on the net knows....

That site will be so closely guarded that a fart couldn't get in without being detected. Nothing outide of all out war would be able to penetrate it now...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

The problem here is this:

Israel ISN'T interested in the complete and total destruction of Islam.
Islam IS interested in the complete and total destruction of Israel.

Who should fear who in this equation?

Before you state it - yes, I agree it can be argued that Israel is a terrorist nation. There are extremists on both sides here. However, Islamic countries don't simply dislike Israel, they don't want Israel to exist.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

yea attacking to prevent an enemy 50 times larger than you from getting nukes is so evil, once iran has nukes they will invade israel and kill every jew in israel, i guess israel cant defend itself from iran.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Interested how frequently threads like this get hijacked and twisted into "Israel bashing". Especially as such a stance is so patently wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
" Isreal has a itchy trigger finger, and always has"

oh yea fighting back is so wrong, its not like iran has been part of 3 invasions of israel or backing terrorism against israel, i bet if you look in many news archive of israeli actions you'll see a murder, bombing, rocket attack, hijackings or some attack by someone is what provoked them to attack.

Sep

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When there is loud noises about covert attacks against Iran, there is nothing to worry about. If there is no noise then that implies they are ready for an air strike. When there is huge noise coming from United States, there is going to be an invasion. But for now, there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

yea attacking to prevent an enemy 50 times larger than you from getting nukes is so evil, once iran has nukes they will invade israel and kill every jew in israel, i guess israel cant defend itself from iran.

lol nice reply

so its wronge for iran to build detturent against the jewish state or to deffend against it all of the sudden

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This was also reported on CNN today 03/13/05 www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Since Iran is a sovereign nation, I don't have any problem with them having Nukes. Why should I worry about it? (The odds of getting killed as a result of an attack against the US is about the same as hitting the lottery)

If the neighbouring countries have a problem with it, let them handle it.

Don't underestimate Israel, they are to be taken seriously (with or without US Backing) and most of the Arab states know it.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Iran is not seeking WMD .

Iran will not use them against Israel , because :
They aren't allowed to kill israeli civilians .
There is palestinians in Israel and this is a Palestinian land , they will not risk to throw a nuke so they kill the ennemies and the allies , in plus they will polute the land for decades spreading genetical diseases .(like Americans did n Iraq whe using depleted Uranium ) .

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think that nukes are a stabilizing agent, witness the easing in tensions between Pakistan and India.

That said, Iran funds Hizbullah and encourages suicide bombing in Israel directed against civilians. They want the bomb as a way of discouraging American intervention in thier affairs. There is a lot of evidence indicating thier program is not for "peaceful" (read: no bombs) purposes.

I hope a raid does not happen, because it creates more problems than it solves. But if the Mullahs do get thier nuke, they prolong thier evil and oppressive regime by another 20 years.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
That said, Iran funds Hizbullah and encourages suicide bombing in Israel directed against civilians.

The correct form is :
Iran funds Hizbullah and encourages martyric bombings in Lebanon and Israel directed against the zionists' military .

Originally posted by Realist05
They want the bomb as a way of discouraging American intervention in thier affairs. There is a lot of evidence indicating thier program is not for "peaceful" (read: no bombs) purposes.

What are these evidences ?
Until now there is only analyses and doubts .

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hmmm... Nightclubs and private parties don't look like military targets to me...
Let's cut through the semantics, shall we? Strap explosives to yourself and detonate them in all but a target environment filled with enemy uniforms and you have a terrorist event. Even then...
As to evidence of the Mullah's desire for a nuclear deterrant, you are right. I only know what I read in the papers. And the internet. And what makes sense.
But as I am an unbelieving infidal, there is Q'uran to tell you it's O.K. to lie to me about whatever the Jihadis want to do to kill me. I can LIVE with that.

top topics

join