It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat shortage coming soon?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I hit two deer a few years back all in one year so I bought those little whistle things for the front bumper. The third deer jumped over a fence and hit me in the side door. SMH

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm sure there are plenty of meat processing farms which they use hormone injected procedures on cows,pigs chickens, so there should be alright with the quantities of neat available on the market in US.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Caver78

I hit two deer a few years back all in one year so I bought those little whistle things for the front bumper. The third deer jumped over a fence and hit me in the side door. SMH

I had one try to jump the hood of the car..pretty near came through the windshield..scary chit, at the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Deer are definitely dumb.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wasting disease is a thing with deer and other types of venison. It's a prion disease. We have cases of it in east Tennessee, but it so far hasn't spread throughout the state yet.

Last I heard is there is no evidence that it causes humans problems if an infected deer is eaten. Wouldn't take any chances though.

Venison that are in the advanced stages of the disease are obvious. They are bone and skin. No one in their right mind would eat one. The TWRA will provide an extra bag number if a deer is shot and submitted for testing. So, people are encouraged to kill deer that show signs of the disease to help prevent the it's spread.

As far as the OP topic goes, wait until they outright ban personal hunting of both big and small game for fear of over hunting. Then the real hunger games start.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Been there and done that. The first ran into the driver side door. The 2nd one I plastered head on and the 3rd one ran into the passenger side of the car I was driving while my truck was being fixed.
Those little whistle things don't work. Especially after they get stopped up with dead bugs.
Riding my motorcycle after dark I just yell real loud and they run.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Tender Quick is a quick way to get ass cancer. Stuff is just nitrate and nitrite, not good and really totally unneeded. Stick with salt and sugar cure and call it good.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I can’t believe people are still buying them.

Hell I can’t believe I bought one . 🤦‍♂️

I think it about getting one of these .

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

We'll be alright. I still have about 300 pounds of deer sausage, brats,and jerky, about 50 pounds of chicken, 60 pounds of ground beef, 100 pounds of steak and 50 pounds of fish. Got some random hams and ribs and other meats too.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

We'll be alright. I still have about 300 pounds of deer sausage, brats,and jerky, about 50 pounds of chicken, 60 pounds of ground beef, 100 pounds of steak and 50 pounds of fish. Got some random hams and ribs and other meats too.

I'm guessing you have to vacuum seal it for long term..how long will it be good for?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
won't be deer season again till autumn

Hmm. "The pickup as a sporting weapon..."

Got chickens. some goats. The boys like to go with me when I practice archery. The best practice for deer is rabbit. they behave the same way. You watch their ears--their ears go back right before they zig. or zag. season ended in march tho.

Ill be fine. long as the Jaegermeister holds out.

Edit to add:::

[lol]. "meat shortage --- coming soon..." [/lol]

"That's what she said!"

edit on 15-4-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Put a good guard on the front of a truck and any season is deer season.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The real problem is that cattle and pigs are being butchered at lowers weights (700 lbs instead of 1200 for cattle and 210 lbs instead of 270 for pigs, both estimates) in order to keep up with demand. This will create a shortage that will take a year or so to recover from.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   
i wonders how this will affect the UK meat industry

hear [ UK - obviously ] we have tagging of all livestock

and one of our rules [ borne from the BSE incident ]

is - no bovine older than 35 months can enter the UK food chain

what are we going to do with the animals that are now just " getting old "

quick google doesnt reveal any official plan

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Roughly three years or longer.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
5 lbs - Pork Shoulder (ground)
1 lb - Ham (ground)
2 TBS + 1 tsp - Tender Quick
3 TBS - Sugar

Sugar is one of the absolute worst things you can add to meat, in any way shape or form.

That is, if you care about your health, and a healthy immune system.

Of course, if you prefer irrational paranoid fear of viruses to health, then knock yourself out...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

That's the original recipe apparently.

And yeah. Sugar isn't good for you.

But it's what they made back in the day. Apparently it's supposed to taste great.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join