It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat shortage coming soon?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why is there a gap beneath your OP?

?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Also wanted to add, my store had a full display of seeds.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Industries in general keep losing workers everyday and so hard to keep production running. We had 3 shifts before the virus. My shift took the remaining of the next one and we barely complete enough crew in order to run half of the plant.

That is certainly creating a shortage in supermarkets. We need robots.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So, we are talking about processed meat , right?

As far as I know, plenty of butcher shops still open. Not to mention all the deer , rabbits and wild turkey's running around.

Thought processed meat was bad for you, especially if the Chinese own them . LOL !

But I will be pissed if I can't make a fried bologna sandwich.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Why is there a gap beneath your OP?

?

Janky website ?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I would be careful about deer,I heard they have been infected
with some kind of wasting disease.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

No, not processed meat.
They process aka butcher pork.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Best time to become a vegan or vegeterian.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I would be careful about deer,I heard they have been infected
with some kind of wasting disease.

Indiana has had a big problem with this. It is suggest to observe the deer for signs before killing.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Short story from summer camp 50 years ago.
There's lots of food if someone knows how to cook.

Went to camp for years by the time I was 12 had enough. Got in trouble the first week and had to stay in a counselors cabin and work in the kitchen.

About the third day he came back and caught me eating fish and wanted to know where I got it. The frigging lake you big dummy and handed him a plate with steamed trout ad potatoes. He ate and freaked. Then he realized the only reason I got in trouble was to work in the kitchen and steal supplies. I grew up coking.

We got along well after that and actually worked together for our own good whether it be food or female.

AHHH the 70's

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

They aren’t much of a challenge.

They’re getting so thick around here all you have to do is scream as they come through the windshield .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

We don’t have that problem in Kentucky yet .

I read that it’s kind a like mad cow and you need to get the spinal cord and brain out as fast as possible .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

2 Weeks into camp he was giving me punishment so I could take care of us. It was a joke for years. He made up crimes so he could set the punishment. After about 3 weeks I was really popular with some of the management.Real meals made with th same stuff the cooks screwed up. Our punishment cabin had a stove and fire pit. they actually wanted to hire me when I turned 16.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I saw that yesterday, and went to the market for another rack of pork ribs, and bacon. I already have several of each in my freezers

I like to separate the ribs, and freeze them on a tray. Then I vac lock them, so I can pull out 4-5 ribs at a time to barbeque

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I posted a video of some dude she, my sister follows about this a couple of days ago but I don't care to try finding it.
Farmers are plowing under ripe fields. Figure that one.

edit on 14-4-2020 by CharlesT because: To much medicine.

edit on 14-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The appropriate name for Deer around here is "Speed Beef".
"Texas Pizza" for most other flat "wonder what that used be?" Critters.

Dunno if they are truly stupid, or just massive risk takers. Currently Rabbits are playing street-frogger in traffic.

About the OP.
Yeah employees are sick, but still have a sneaking suspicion this is a plot to make everyone vegan. Like we're not getting enough GMO. I'm betting this just another evil ploy by Monsanto!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We just took almost 44,000 pounds to the Corpus Christi area from JBS. We're seeing some reduction, but it's market by market. These plants usually serve regions, with a few loads going out to Asia or Mexico. So a JBS plant in Phoenix is going to send to Texas or Mexico. Then a plant in Nebraska sends to states around that area, or to California to send to Japan and Korea. So shutting a plant down in Idaho isn't going to affect product on the east coast or south.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I wonder if people are starting to understand (yet) the concept that humans were meant to live in small groups. Which is kind of irrelevant because we do so many other things that are not natural for any species on this planet.

Yeah, my tribe could rape, pillage and loot all the neighbor tribes, what a utopia.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What sucks for me is I am a toxic mold survivor & had to live in a truck for 2 yrs which saved
me life. Then a very great friend helped me get a brand new travel trailer built to not succumb
to mold...yes bloody fantastic I can stand up and things extremely better.

Problem is partner became sick (diabetes out of control & family took over) had to sell the
house & there is an RV pad with full hook up. I have been stuck at a campground since Dec.

Fridge freezer is small & I cannot grow food here...I had organic garden plus organic pots
of food which are now in storage. The price here is beyond me means & not sure where I will go
next month.

I do have dried goods but suppose to NOT eat processed foods...SO food shortage especially meat
will BLOODY SUCK!
Trying to find a place to buy, takes much time & there are rules between each county about living in
an RV full time.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I hit two deer a few years back all in one year so I bought those little whistle things for the front bumper. The third deer jumped over a fence and hit me in the side door. SMH

<< 1    3 >>

join