It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

People should look at Executive Order 9066 and see what can be done.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

A governor can't announce all states are open LOL.....

Trump didn't announce all states to close. Individual local and state governments did, and they will lift their social distancing sanctions individually. The President can't order everyone to reopen their private businesses. He could have ordered them to close, under the umbrella of national security, but he didn't.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He could have ordered them to close, under the umbrella of national security, but he didn't.

Hmmm, so he can, he just didn't?

That says he has that authority.

I'm shocked.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I said...NATIONAL SECURITY...

I'm not seeing your logic. Trump can't force private businesses to reopen, even under the umbrella of national security.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Actually he could send the FBI into the governors mansions and drag them out in handcuffs .

He’s not gonna do it of course but it would be within his power .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

That says he has that authority.

Yeah. He had the authority to declare martial, with the approval of Congress, and enforce social distancing nationally, then ne could have lifted martial law and social distancing sanctions. But he didn't. He doesn't have the authority to force people to hug, go to work or open their private businesses. Neither can any mayor or governor.

They can only lift their orders.

edit on 14-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Can you imagine how those supporters would have reacted if Obama said something like this?

While Trump's words are crazy, what is more insane is the mental gymnastics his supprters continually do to justify their support of him.

He has alienated himself from anyone who can give him good advice, most recently the medical field and the military. I do not know how much longer this can go on.

I truly believe that we may need the 25th Amendment, section IV invoked if this debacle continues.
edit on 14-4-2020 by jrod because: If

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm not seeing your logic. Trump can't force private businesses to reopen, even under the umbrella of national security.

But , he CAN say , you can open if you wanna , no cares as to what governors say....
That would fall under interstate trade.
Which completely falls under the US Federal government.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Actually he could send the FBI into the governors mansions and drag them out in handcuffs .

No he can't.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Executive Order 9024

You were saying?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

But , he CAN say , you can open if you wanna...

That's what he's doing now. You can social distance if you wanna, these are just guidelines. You can wear a mask if you wanna. It doesn't matter. Governors can close schools if they wanna.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Another sham outrage because we already know states scoff at the Federal Government on numerous issues like illegal aliens cannabis, and that whole Bundy situation where the Fed retreated. When squabbles do occur it can take years to resolve in litigation. How many executive orders got help up in the courts. Some even being ripped up like Obama's DACA move entirely.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Delusions of grandeur. So sad. I hope he gets better soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

No governor or local government has closed essential services, such as those mentioned in the EO. There is nothing in the EO that says that Trump can force beauty salons, restaurants, clothing stores, etc. to reopen or to force people to patronize them.

edit on 14-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yes he can.

Violating the Constitution doesn’t fall under US code although there are civil penalties .

If I was trump I would charge them with violating interstate commerce .

That would stick .

Look it up 18 U.S. Code § 10.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

But , he CAN say , you can open if you wanna...

That's what he's doing now. You can social distance if you wanna, these are just guidelines. You can wear a mask if you wanna. It doesn't matter. Governors can close schools if they wanna.

What ?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think your missing the point.... Trump approved major disaster declarations for those states... good thing he didn't declare martial law, then you would be having your field day. : P

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
post went awray
edit on 14-4-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

If I was trump I would charge them with violating interstate commerce .

Interstate commerce of essential goods have not been disrupted by governors.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I believe we all see the points here in this dialog ...

The virus will diminish and perhaps go dormant/vaccine/end, and we will return very quickly back to normal. Not the normal we once knew, but a leaner normal. I'm hoping, thinking that President Trump will take more measures to help those 'little' people and businesses struggling after this lengthy calamity. There might be more recovery money to help those on unemployment and perhaps "Programs" for recovery. The world is suffering, not just us. We stand better chances than most by virtue of our economy up to this point.

This wasn't the plagues of Exodus or the Flood or an extinction event..... so were lucky there, and must manage the best we can until success is achieved. We have to co-operate a bit and put differences aside.

But , he CAN say , you can open if you wanna , no cares as to what governors say....
That would fall under interstate trade.
Which completely falls under the US Federal government.

edit on 14-4-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join