It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

So, again, what you are saying is that right now, Trump is complicit in states violating their residents' constitutional rights? But, maybe in May he won't be?

edit on 14-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Explain the vague answer of "national security" . Would an order under national security be classified and non public? How could that work in this case? Explain your answer "national security" it makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Trump approved major disaster declarations for those states...

LOL
You'd like to see Trump revoke a public health emergency status from states that don't comply with Trump's medical advice, in the midst of a global pandemic?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Yup giving the PEOPLE their freedom back is how a dictatorship works. You're on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Total wanker maybe.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Didn’t read the wall did you ?

I was hoping it would keep you busy for a while . Lol

The term “interstate commerce”, as used in this title, includes commerce between one State, Territory, Possession, or the District of Columbia and another State, Territory, Possession, or the District of Columbia.

Title 18 US code 10

Commerce

Intercourse by way of trade and traffic between different peoples or states and the citizens or inhabitants thereof, including not only the purchase, sale, and exchange of commodities, but also the instrumentalities and agencies by which it is promoted and the means and appliances by which it is carried on, and the transportation of persons as well as of goods, both by land and by sea. Brennan v. Titusville

Blacks law dictionary

edit on 14-4-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Fallingdown

First amendment .

If the governor’s aren’t allowing you to go to work.

That falls under the right to assembly .

The First amendment pretty much covers everything that’s why I picked it .

So, you're saying that local and state governments are currently violating the Constitution and Trump is allowing it? But, he might decide to NOT allow it, later?

In declaring a national emergency the president assumed that power. When he lifts the national emergency he relinquishes that power and the power returns to the Constitution, not to the states.

Of course I believe he will allow the Governors the opportunity to bury themselves. The people will vote out an authoritarian approach in November if they do not follow the Federal Government guidelines to reopen.

The amount of people who have no understanding of how the government works is quite sad actually.

edit on 14-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

No he just hasn’t decided to enforce it .

On the same principle as jay walking. It’s against the law but a cop doesn’t have to give your ticket every time .

Or driving 56 miles an hour in a 55 zone .

Or a fight

Or a domestic disturbance

Or shoplifting

Or Grand theft auto

Or the Mann act

Law enforcement officers are allowed to use their judgment .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

All of his military and medical advisors are on record saying he has listened to them and acted based on their recommendations.

Trump has even said this numerous times in his daily CV briefings.

I have no idea where you are getting your information from. CNN?
edit on 14-4-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think he has total authority to start World War III, doesn't he? Joe Biden says there's a guy with a football that could end the world, following the President around.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Ummm...holy crap...you mixed those posts up like a pro...

I couldn’t have done that if I tried...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Trump approved major disaster declarations for those states...

LOL
You'd like to see Trump revoke a public health emergency status from states that don't comply with Trump's medical advice, in the midst of a global pandemic?

LOL you like to pull nonsense out of thin air...
and for your final trick....ORANGE MAN BAD lol...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Which governors are restricting which interstate commodities? Which interstate highways are closed to interstate commerce? Seems to me that truckers are overworked and in short supply right now.

It's interesting that you're so concerned about interstate commerce while the president is trying to destroy the US Postal Service!

Hey ya! Looky here what I can still buy on line at Walmart!
www.walmart.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Do you really believe that what you just wrote?

He has no faith by the top military brass, especially after the Capt. Crozier debacle.

He has not followed the advice of medical experts, he ignored their advice for months leading up this.
Trump Ignored Experts on Covid-19 for Months

We live in the information age. You can not blindly say something that is false and expect people to believe it(except Trump supporters) without evidence.

Why bring up CNN? It is like any information that you do not like or is critical to Trump you try to brush it off as fake news.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You're the one that insinuated that Trump could/should revoke states' public health emergency status for not respecting Trump's ultimate authority.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Plotus

Ummm...holy crap...you mixed those posts up like a pro...

I couldn’t have done that if I tried...

Dude.....! faaaaaaa.. yes-sir

YouSir

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

In declaring a national emergency the president assumed that power. When he lifts the national emergency he relinquishes that power and the power returns to the Constitution, not to the states.

Oh my gosh! The Constitution doesn't have power, it assigns power.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Summary of the 10th Amendment
Summary: The 10th Amendment states that any powers that the Constitution does not give to the US government, belong to the states and the people, excluding powers that the Constitution says the states cannot have.

www.government-and-constitution.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No he just hasn’t decided to enforce it .

On the same principle as jay walking

So now you're conflating state governments violating the civil rights of its residents with the crime of jay walking? Therefore, Trump's complicity is like a lazy or compassionate cop. He could have the FBI raid the governor's mansion and take the governor out in handcuffs, but our constitutional rights are only important to him when his total authority is questioned.

Got it!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There are desterbing words coming from trump recently.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Yes he can.

Violating the Constitution doesn’t fall under US code although there are civil penalties .

If I was trump I would charge them with violating interstate commerce .

That would stick .

Look it up 18 U.S. Code § 10.

Interstate commerce is trade between states (crossing borders) and trade therof...

Intrastate trade is not covered under 18US:10

However...Article I Sec 3:8 clearly states Congress is given the authority to:

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

Cornell Law

Now there are exceptions; but the powers come from Congress.

Mg

edit on 04162626America/Chicago14_11America/Chicagoam by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join