It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your County's Grade for Social Distancing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
woo hoo my county gets a f for social distancing, i can believe it. at first it was kinda slow, not many people out at all, roads,stores were all but empty. but i'm gonna say with in a couple of days, everywhere i went it was like a weekend shopping spree right before christmas, well maybe not that bad but lots of folks out and about. kinda hard to keep six feet apart when your backside to belly button standing in line.

here's the site if you want to check your state and county's score,
Compare your community's social distancing activity to its activity prior to COVID-19
edit on 14-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Mine is probably really low because IDGAF. Get out of my way or go home.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We have an F and have since the start
With a 0.01% infection rate , and we don't go a cryin to momma scared at the drop of a pin.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Mine has a D+ With an arrow pointing up. What does the arrow mean?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My county has a grade D. I'm not surprised. I drove by a liquor store the other day and idiots were lined up outside waiting to get in. There are big black Xes taped along the wall to show how far apart to stand. What do the morons do? They stand between the Xes so it's like a normal line, with not even a few inches between people. They were literally rubbing shoulders.

I saw the same thing last week at the pharmacy. There are boxes taped on the floor showing how far apart to be and also announcements over the speaker about it. What's this stupid twit do? He stands right between thew damn boxes, maybe two feet from the guy in front of him. Meanwhile, his kid is messing around and touching everything and even going back toward me and trying to invade my space.
edit on 14-4-2020 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

kinda hard to keep six feet apart when your backside to belly button standing in line.

LOL

I noticed the local Kroger was REALLY strict about things, that lasted about a week, all warning signs and rules were taken down. I went in there and it was just like you stated, they still had the protection screens up at the registers but people were all about and I hardly noticed any gloves OR masks. They did however still have the 6 feet markers down at the check-out lines.
edit on 14-4-2020 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wow, us Yoopers are getting all Bs. Except for up in the keewenaw county, they didn't even get a grade, they are probably all snowed in up there, social distancing might not be a problem. All they had to do is close the bar and a couple of restaurants and there is no place to go. They were not present to take the test I guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My county got a d+ and looking around I can see why. Everyone is over it and moving around again.

My job (essential) takes me into surrounding counties and I’ve noticed that more and more people are ignoring the stay at home order. Most of my customers aren’t taking it serious, a small few treated me like I could have the plague, but most act as though nothing has changed.

Many of my coworkers think they had it back in January and many of our customers have expressed the same thing.

Bring it up to people and you may be surprised how many people got bad sick in January and February, long before we shutdown.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My county is huge and is split down the middle from city to rural.

We country folk have been social distancing for centuries, so our numbers don't even register in their tallying.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

you like that hunh, i first heard that 47 years ago when i joined the Corps from a drill instructor, won't ever forget it. but back then it was the other way around and i deleted a expletive for the PG crowd and the, tighten it up at the begaining, and i want to see the man in front of you smile part at the end.

down here they still got the shields up, and tape stand here marked, but those all all tattered and rolled over cover with dirt. very few masks and gloves expect for folks older than me, and not many of those were wearing them.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: maybee

Mine has a D+ With an arrow pointing up. What does the arrow mean?

best i can tell, it means up from yesterday.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

that draconian governor got yall towin the line.

glad i don't live where the snow is still falling. it has been in the low 80's the past three days here. little warmer than normal. fell down into the the mid fifiy's last night though was nice and cook until about 11:00 the morning.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

My county has a grade D. I'm not surprised. I drove by a liquor store the other day and idiots were lined up outside waiting to get in. There are big black Xes taped along the wall to show how far apart to stand. What do the morons do? They stand between the Xes so it's like a normal line, with not even a few inches between people. They were literally rubbing shoulders.

I saw the same thing last week at the pharmacy. There are boxes taped on the floor showing how far apart to be and also announcements over the speaker about it. What's this stupid twit do? He stands right between thew damn boxes, maybe two feet from the guy in front of him. Meanwhile, his kid is messing around and touching everything and even going back toward me and trying to invade my space.

You should stay in voluntary isolation. There are some of us who can manage being in public while others can't. By the way, that was me in line at the liquor store.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
C-, which is surprising. Our illustrious Mayor Dick McCheese has the city locked down completely. If this is only good for a C-, I really, really would savor the opportunity to punch the mayors of the Bs and A square in the face. I wish we had an F... then at least we'd be acting locally while thinking globally.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah, we have an F grade in my county.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
After thinking about this, how accurate can their numbers be? How do they determine where people are?

This from their website:

However to calculate the actual underlying social indexing score we combine tens of millions of anonymous mobile phones and their interactions with each other each day - and then extrapolate the results to the population level.

Makes you go - hmmm, how does that work exactly? Be sure to make a lot of calls when not at home to make this more accurate!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

i'm fairly certain service providers can and do know your location. i'm also fairly certain they sell that info.
how do you think people get targeted adds.

Advances in mobile communication and geo-positioning technologies in recent years have presented marketers with a new media channel: location-targeted mobile advertising. Location-targeted mobile advertising involves the provision of ad messages to cellular subscribers based on their geographic locations; this allows marketers to deliver ads and coupons that are customized to an individual’s tastes and geographic location and the time of day.
How Effective Is Location-Targeted Mobile Advertising?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: rickymouse

that draconian governor got yall towin the line.

glad i don't live where the snow is still falling. it has been in the low 80's the past three days here. little warmer than normal. fell down into the the mid fifiy's last night though was nice and cook until about 11:00 the morning.

I just finished plowing the drive, didn't get stuck today. I guess there was a total of eighteen and a half inches in twenty four hours, heavy as hell wet snow too. It got up to twenty five today at our house. WooWoo, heatwave.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
After thinking about this, how accurate can their numbers be? How do they determine where people are?

This from their website:

However to calculate the actual underlying social indexing score we combine tens of millions of anonymous mobile phones and their interactions with each other each day - and then extrapolate the results to the population level.

Makes you go - hmmm, how does that work exactly? Be sure to make a lot of calls when not at home to make this more accurate!

I highly doubt they can tell how close phones are near each other, only because they extrapolate the results to the population level. Looking at the green area it's mostly remote places....

I'm going to score that website with a F.

BUT, another reason to buy a Faraday cage for cell phones.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Southwest MI here and sunny but snowing like crazy!

Berrien county gets a C, don't doubt it. Most factories are open and other businesses have adapted to the rules and changed to be within.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join