It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish me luck; I may be forced into quarantine tomorrow.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

Good luck to you. People are just people. Not plague carriers. Your just a person wanting to go home to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Wishing you luck and good health.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Good luck...but the Windsor Canadian boarder is closed...except to Can Citizens.

It was that way...good luck..stay well

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The airline would probably just pick up the cost to switch flights so that iammrhappy86 could land in Quebec and isolate at home, instead of paying for a quarantine motel non smoking environment?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86
So I've been in South Cali for a while, spending time with family, and my travel visa is coming to an end soon, so I have to fly back to Canada.

I was hoping to wait this out before going back but... Clearly this isn't going to end anytime soon.

I came upon this info:

Canadian travel advisory

The guideline is to self-isolate once you get home. However, they state the following:

Travellers arriving at one of the four international airports and connecting onwards will be forced to isolate for 14 days in the city they land in, the health minister said.

The only affordable flights I could get without insane layovers connected through Ontario. I have to get to Quebec.

So if I'm reading this right, I will be put into isolation at some unknown "accomodation" for 14 days.

I have already been into self-isolation for months down here in Cali, and now they're gonna put me into another 14-day isolation... I just want to go home to my cat. -_-

So anyway, I'm healthy as can be. Hopefully they won't put me in some makeshift bunk-beds type place with a bunch of sick people...

I'll keep you updated. I'm somewhat curious about these "accomodations". If I get some hotel room that's paid-for, I can live with that. But I think these measures are a bit ridiculous.

1. I have no symptoms.
2. I have been in "self-isolation" for months already.

That is all.

Wish me luck.

I don't want to sound like an ass. You should've come up to Canada when Justin Trudeau/Donald Trump close the border. They warn everyone one or two week advance. Good luck mrhappy

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whiteblack
The OP, explained that he/she though it might be over by the time they had to leave Cali. Hard to predict anything right now.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Dude it could be awesome. Maybe you meet the woman of your dreams stuck in quarantine. Sounds like its your destiny. Or perhaps nothing happens and its just fate. Id make the best of it either way.
edit on 12-4-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Haha, thanks network.

We actually got news tonight that the mine site is being evacuated after having 5 more tests come back positive here today.
We are leaving site at 7:30 am.
But because we have new positives, it resets our quarantine period back to 2 weeks.

The company is putting us all up in hotels until April 27th.
The sweet thing about it is, not only are they paying for the hotels and room service, but because it goes over our regular schedule, these next 2 weeks are all paid Over time!
On my regular schedule, I would be going home tomorrow, for a week.

The wife is dropping off my Xbox, a case of Pepsi and some snacks for me tomorrow morning at the hotel.
And then it’s the isolation vacation!

What sucks horribly about it is the health unit is going to use this place as a case study as to why mines should not be deemed essential.
By the sounds of it, we are going to be shut down until this virus passes.

edit on 12-4-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The airline would probably just pick up the cost to switch flights so that iammrhappy86 could land in Quebec and isolate at home, instead of paying for a quarantine motel non smoking environment?

Absolutely, that's far better advice.

But still, if there's potential you're gonna be stuck in a hotel. Be prepared.

Stock up, get booze, get drugs if ya can, and enjoy.

Or sit in a corner shaking for 2wks.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Look at it as oppurtunity to learn something new....meditation!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Nothing new to me, and I plan on doing a lot of that.

And exercise.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You’re in contact when you buy your groceries too.
Should we force mandatory 14 day self isolation for that too? Breathing may cause the spread of the virus, should we force anyone who breaths publicly into isolation ... ??

An argument could be made for much much stricter methods of prevention if we actually wanted to stop a virus.

a reply to: Liquesence

edit on 13-4-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Update: LAX TSA have told me I'm likely going to be allowed to arrive to my final destination in order to self isolate myself.

Also, I have never seen LAX so empty... It's like a ghost town. I think there's like 5 people on my plane (one of whom is a loud mouth on speakerphone. There's always one...).

TSA's look bored as hell lol.

So this thread may have turned out to be a dud lol. But I mean, I read the advisory carefully, which led me to believe I'd be quarantined in Toronto.

Anyway. We'll see.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Update: LAX TSA have told me I'm likely going to be allowed to arrive to my final destination in order to self isolate myself.

That's good news!

"Safe travels!" ...from a Southern Californian!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's good news!!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

Well how about you cover your face and stop spreading #e all over the place then.

Think about it build your own isolation get your 14 day food supply - not that much if you think about it properly.
Then stay home.

Then 14 days later do it again

Then perhaps we might find we have stopped manufacturing the damn virus and its gone.

Remember it doesn't move or do anything until it gets in a host. Then the hosts spreads it.
Would be good if some proper information on immune boosts on the Zinc and ionophones in a good diet were available.

FYI I'm 30 weeks into being laid-off from October, when this started in China, so yes am getting a bit fed up with the snow and self isolation. But still see why it might help others if I don't get it, spread it and probably die from it.

Stay safe and think before you blame someone else for not telling you the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
You’re in contact when you buy your groceries too.
Should we force mandatory 14 day self isolation for that too? Breathing may cause the spread of the virus, should we force anyone who breaths publicly into isolation ... ??

An argument could be made for much much stricter methods of prevention if we actually wanted to stop a virus.

a reply to: Liquesence

But this is not about grocery stores, unless you mean the government should restrict all travel and human contact, which is absurd.

Lots of arguments could be made. If Canada says any travelers outside of Canada entering have to self isolate, they do.

Of course, if one is known to already be infected, they are already required to self-quarantine in many parts of the US. If they don't, they are subject to arrest.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So all this for nothing lol.

LAX and Toronto airports are absolute ghost towns.

I gotta fill out more forms than usual. Every shop is closed and you can't sit down to eat anywhere. Aside from that.... Normal. All TSA and border agents are chill as can be. I get to go home no problem.

So basically, nothing to see here, carry on. =P

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If the airports are ghost towns, it would explain why the agents are all chill. They haven't had to deal with many people, so no worries about getting sick.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well played!!!

Best to be cautious.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join