It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I live in about a 25 year old house in New York on a well busy street in a busy little town.

I have a cat and i'm usually awake untill 2am. So she's in my bedroom just lying on the bed, then she will walk over to the corner of the bed and just stare at the top corner of the room and then she will just go crazy. Starts jumping around and running around the room, trying to get out of the room. What could this be?

Also, when I'm home alone and downstairs, I tend to hear something walking upstairs since the floors are really really beat up and squeaky. I think it could just be the wind shifting and moving the house, but I don't know.

I'd like to find out what is up with the cat though.

-Thanks

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ken_Allen
I live in about a 25 year old house in New York on a well busy street in a busy little town.

I have a cat and i'm usually awake untill 2am. So she's in my bedroom just lying on the bed, then she will walk over to the corner of the bed and just stare at the top corner of the room and then she will just go crazy. Starts jumping around and running around the room, trying to get out of the room. What could this be?

Also, when I'm home alone and downstairs, I tend to hear something walking upstairs since the floors are really really beat up and squeaky. I think it could just be the wind shifting and moving the house, but I don't know.

I'd like to find out what is up with the cat though.

-Thanks

I believe it. It’s a strange feeling isn’t it? I hope others have had similar experiences not just with cats but dogs too.

When I was in college, the room I rented was upstairs. I don't know what it was but my cat would be fine just sitting on my desk with me and all of a sudden she would get up as if someone was coming. I never heard a sound or anything. She would creep down the hall from my room as if she was stalking something. This all sounds normal but the thing that freaked me out was when her tail would blowup like a porcupine as if something was scaring her. To see and hear nothing and have her reacting like that scared me. It only happened in the hallway. It happened several times while I lived there. If you know cats, you know that there tails don’t usually spike up unless you surprise them or scare them. Whatever it was I’m sure glad I never found out. It’s never happened again since I moved.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
well id trust my cat.. something is there and id buy a camcorder and set it on night mode (green) and record what the cat is looking at... better still maybe get an infra red 1! lol..

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I doubt its anything at all. Cats can hear really good and the reason you didnt hear anything but your cat did EH, was because it hears better than you. BTW what do you mean by this:

I believe it. It’s a strange feeling isn’t it?

WHAT do you believe? Was there something the poster was trying to make us believe? They werent talking about strange feelings either. WTF?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
I doubt its anything at all. Cats can hear really good and the reason you didnt hear anything but your cat did EH, was because it hears better than you. BTW what do you mean by this:

I believe it. It’s a strange feeling isn’t it?

WHAT do you believe? Was there something the poster was trying to make us believe? They werent talking about strange feelings either. WTF?

i think they just meant they believe the poster isnt lying? and that by "its a strange feeling" they just kinda stated it oddly, meaning its a weird thing....? i supose it would feel kinda weird watchin ur cat staring at nothin then goin nuts!?... calm down

then she will walk over to the corner of the bed and just stare at the top corner of the room and then she will just go crazy.

didnt you read that bit? the cat walks over to the corner of the bed and just stares at the top corner of the room..........

i have a cat,, sometimes he sits staring at things and makes me laugh.. usually tho hes jus spotted a mosquito i cant see! but he dont go mental over it.....

not only do cats hear better than us, they see differently... and better i guess. so that itself is good enough reason to presume somethings probably there?

or do you think just cause we cant see or hear it its not there? like oxygen? or ether in the air? lol

bigup cats

[edit on 063131p://55036 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It ain't just cats. We moved into a new place and we noticed our dog Lightning Jack would go nuts and bark and attack the floor. I always figured he was just a dumb butt but then my wife noticed and became worried about the sounds coming from the floor. So one night I laid awake and realized it was the heater. I can't explain it in detail but because of heat flow and such the vent it self makes sounds that sound like there is something below us even when the heat has shut off. We just never heard it until late at night when the tv was off and kids were sound a sleep. Eventually our dog, the big "mommas boy" figured out that it was nothing to be worried about.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Probably just mice in the walls.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have had a very similar experience with my two dogs and cat. My father passed away two years ago and I am living in the house now that he lived in when he was alive. For the past two years, my cat will look and stare at nothing, now my cat could be sleeping on the bed and all the sudden she will just stare at one spot. My two dogs will also act odd and they will not freak out but they will be sleeping or just laying there and all the sudden they will go to a spot and start wagging their tails and getting all excited and I am convinced that it is my father that they see. This has never happened before until my father passed away and yet we see nothing as humans but the animals do and its actually a nice feeling. We also have other strange things happen in the house, such as chimes going off when no one is in the room, this stupid plastic cow statue that we have on the stove will just be pushed to the floor and there is no possible explanation for it because we have tried pushing it hard and it hits the top of the stove, but when it happens on its own it gets pushed further and misses the whole top of the stove.

I am convinced that the animals do see in a form that we cant see and that is why they freak or look as though they see things when we dont see anything at all. I have alot of other strange things that the animals do that I am used to and its a feeling of peace in a way because i feel they are telling me that he is here even though we cant see him. I dont know what i would do if i had an animal that was freaking out and hair standing on end though.......I only have had good experiences with mine.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
My cats will look up at the ceiling every now and again, but then again I do have upstairs neighbors.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm not making a paranormal arguemnt here, but i think cats (some dogs) see things better or at least more like a video camera which causes those "rods" and "orbs" to be visible when not to man.

We've learned to dismiss those.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sometimes cats are around or owned by lost souls. Their eyes are adapted to view the "night air".

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Cats as you all must know have very sensitive eyesight and hearing. Probably just saw a spider or hallucinated or something. My cat regularily goes insane in the winter as all the spiders moved indoors and my cat always gets freaked out by them. He doesnt run away or anything but tries to capture them(and fails every time I might add
) He's a big one and not very agile most of the time(I think he's a very lazy cat, moreso then most cats.) he's a 16 pounder.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My cat Bruce is like that. One minute he'll be fine and the next he'll go nuts. Once in a while he will look at my wall and start meowing or he'll start hissing. It depends on what he is sensing. It's probably (like someone else said) because he's hearing things I can't hear because his ears are more sensitive than mine. It does scare me a little either way. Last week I woke up early and was reading a book in my chair. My cat always sleeps at the foot of my bed. All of a sudden he started meowing looking behind me. He was moving his head up and down a little like he follow some type of hand motion. It really freaked me out so I went back into bed. I didn't bother to look behind me. I think my cat maybe nuts in the head though because one time he started shaking and he fell off the bed making a loud thump.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by alexia]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
16 pound cat! im not surprised he is lazy...
my cat is so lazy if i tread on him by accident (cause he is always hangin around ur feet wanting food) he dont budge an inch.. not even a squeek he just looks at me like im sh*t! haha..

anyway useless info back to the topic..

[edit on 113131p://450311 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I think my cat maybe nuts in the head though because one time he started shaking and he fell off the bed making a loud thump.

Inbreeding perhaps
I have seen alot of messed up cats, usually pure ones. Siamese seem the most retarded to me because of the cross-eyes. Never owned a pure one before. Always had mixed cats. BTW Does anyone know if it is true that red-"headed" cats are always Male?

info_junkee, the thing is he's not fat. It's pure muscle. He has a bit of a soft belly like all cats but everywhere else is solid. I think he is just a pussy(no pun intended) he's always been skittish..former stray my mom took in fyi so that could the reason. 1 cat is all I can stand.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by sardion2000]

[edit on 12-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
My cat does that alot in our new appartment. He gets real scared and jumps up on the nearest table and pricks his hair up down his spine. We took a tape recorder and recorded about 15 min of tape in our kitchen a while back just messing around (we've been influenced by the ghost shows coming on) and think we may have actually caught something. Sounds like a dogs bark and then sounds like some right next to the recorder whisper "no" (we werent in the room mind you). Who knows though, maybe my cat is just nuts too.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Last night my cat was just moving her head everywhere. She was staring at the floor, then at the cieling, then at the wall...and all over the place and stared at each one for a while. I have a $200 XLR Mic, could I leave that on in my bedroom when I'm gone, and record onto soundforge?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My cat does the EXACT same thing. Sometimes I go "please stop you're freaking me out!" but I've realized most of what he is reacting to.

1) I have a (shades down) window in my bedroom, but still some moonlight, lights of other businesses/residencies, street and car lights all seem to project a weird (often too subtile for human eyes) cast shadow in the corner of the room, but due to the moving lights that cast shadow seems to move.

2)Cats can see things that the human eye cannot, as well as smell and hear sounds. They are hunters by nature, so bugs inside the wall, any motion, or sound will get them jumpy. I know in my apartment the walls are plaster/sheet rock and constantly crumbling ever so slightly. There are also pipes, electric currents, foundational forms which will make sounds and energy currents, as well as where the house is built on. Cats can note these sounds and vibrations.

3)Cats will sometimes have hyper-activity fits so they can go to sleep, if they have had too much supper. Tummy aches often make them run and jump as if they were posessed, or in dire need of ritalin. Cold weather will also do the same. My cat has these episodes much more frequently when the apartment is cold.

Okay, so you post this in the paranormal section. Is it possible that there is something going on? Who knows? Energy, movement, shadow/light, sound etc can be completely normal activity, but in some cases it could be of a paranormal nature. Your cat would react the same either way. I have had my cat growl and hair stand up straight...whether or not it was a reaction to something paranormal or normal, it freaked me the freak out! heh

hope this can ease some of your curiosity.

[edit on 023131p://000 by duh squared]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
this cat stuf is freaky.. i wasnt aware mine was freaking out in the same ways until i spoke with my family today. my sister found him terrified in the basement once,. screaming like, said it sounded awful.. he wasnt locked in or anything! lights on and door open.. and my mum has seen ghost of a girl and boy down there before.

he freaks in the living room lookng up at things.. all seems to happen on 1 side of the house tho. .. and my house is about 150 years old.. so it has a history..
not that its ghosts hes seeing.......

[edit on 073131p://36037 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Animals can see aliens and alien crafts. So if there is a very small remotely controlled alien craft, it will draw an animal's attention. The cat will try to play with it, as with any object you would move around.Cats like to play.

But the actual reason for that UFO to be in your home is to check out how you behave, not your cat. They want to see your reactions upon the actual incidence .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join