It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Loses a Long March 3 Rocket.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

China was attempting to launch a Long March 3B rocket with an Indonesian commercial satellite when the third stage failed. This is notable for two reasons. First off, the 3rd stage was the same as what failed on the Long March 7 prior this year. The third stage is the same hardware for both. This would suggest there is a nontrivial problem in the manufacturing.

None that is super notable, Everyone loses rockets periodically. Sometimes there is a spate of them. After the loss of the Challenger, several American rockets went kaboom all within months of each other. Rocketry is the riskiest endeavor there is. or just about.

However, the fireball from the failed launch was seen from Guam. It was pretty spectacular.

The comments were...amusing. However, the again in the commentary is interesting in and of itself for other reasons.

www.nasaspaceflight.com...
spacenews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Desperately trying to get something important up there and took a risk with an untested rocket perhaps.

Similar to "The Martian" scenario.

Sounds like panic at a time when the world is panicking.

And don't they have more important things to be doing right now?
edit on 9/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"We didn't lose it. We know exactly where it is. There's a part over here, and one over there, and ..."

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Extra points for the Credence Clearwater Revival background music with the video ……..

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

No rush. Just normal operations. This was a satellite launch for the Indonesians. China used to do it for the US, too, until the Hughes sat incident. They just have a bad batch of third stages for whatever reason. These were manufactured probably between October to November, if I am not too far off with my speculation.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Extra points for the Credence Clearwater Revival background music with the video ……..

Yeah, I was gonna compliment the background music, as well.

I was blown away when I learned those guys were from California. I always thought they'd hailed from the deep south-east.

Oops ... Thread drift warning. Get back on topic, people.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The music in the 2nd video sounded like Credence Clear Water Revival.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We shot it down with a particle beam as retaliation for them wrecking our stock market

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Fireworks !!

The Chinese were always good at it...

edit on 9-4-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Holy crap guys, it probably is Credence Clear Water Revival. Guam is an AMERICAN territory after all. yeesh.

top topics

join