It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the word "paranormal" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've come to think that paranormal and all that is referred to it (telepathy, telekinesis, etc), are only the manifestation of the prowesses of which any consciousness and souls are able.

These things are still unknown for science, that's why there are classified that way. But i think it's a mistake, there is no "extraordinary" nor "paranormal", but just "ordinary" or "normal" not yet recognized.

Also, the fact of systematically attaching any "paranormal" phenomenon to a known science is a fundamental mistake. It is like believing that the threshold of scientific discoveries and comprehensions were reached. It is a brake to our evolution.

More personally, i have the feeling of a very deep and close link between universe and souls. Humans and other extraterrestrial civilizations are all the children of the god we call universe or cosmos.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
yeah i agree but they have to have dodgy words to seperate things and people dont they.. label maniacs.

at the end of the day all this psychic stuff is outside of "normality" in general.. uncommon, hence its called para-normal.. (their paranoid of normal in my view) normal being what u just said.

its like the word psychic... just means force etc,, soul, and everyone has it or we wouldnt be alive and breathing..

oh.. and dont forget,, they love their P words...? specially the silent ones...
p is like a 6 upside down.........

u know what i mean? 666... the system...

get a dictionary and look at all the dodgy P words..

president
pastors
priests
popes
politics
pedos
pestilence
philosophy
polytheism
pandemics!

on and on.. i just thought how typical is all... bit too coincidental/ mental...

[edit on 063131p://31036 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
But i think it's a mistake, there is no "extraordinary" nor "paranormal", but just "ordinary" or "normal" not yet recognized.

If it can't be recognizexd by science, then its by definition paranormal no? If its a phenomenon that can't be repeated or studied, then it probably is paranormal no?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i think you miss his point... maybe all he means is hes fedup with their definition of NORMAL.. cause REAL normal is PARANORMAL...

correct me if im wrong musclor.. its not a mistake on their part tho, they know what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
i think you miss his point... maybe all he means is hes fedup with their definition of NORMAL.. cause REAL normal is PARANORMAL

This obviously is not true. Paranormal happenings don't normally happen. Besides, teh term paranormal is liek 'supernatural' or 'preternatural', its stuff that is outside the realm of nature and whtat not.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
no no no. ur not bein deep enough. have a sleep on it then come back. il reply to this tomorrow bro.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

i think you miss his point... maybe all he means is hes fedup with their definition of NORMAL.. cause REAL normal is PARANORMAL...

Yep u got the point (i think
). For me the word "paranormal" should not exist because it just has got no sense, as supernatural or extraordinary. ALL thing has a source. Nygdan please re-read my first post i think i explained this clearly

[edit on 13/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
yeah its simple really

paranormal is the NORMAL workings of the universe, physics, ethers, quantum mechanics etc... its nothin new or strange to the universe, but because we are jus small brained little people... our definition of normal centers around what is commonly known..

anyway weve sorted this one previously... doesnt take a genius to figure out,,

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

paranormal is the NORMAL workings of the universe, physics, ethers, quantum mechanics etc

The ether does not exist and quantum mechanics and physics are not made up of paranormal events

I understand that the suggestion is that the 'things' that we consider to be 'paranormal' are infact quite normal, however I entirely agree with it. And, also, I suspect that 'paranormal' and 'supernatural' are somewhat interchangeable. Certainly they operate the same way, that is, non-scientifically. There's usually a disctintion made tho because one wants to consider, arbitrarily, 'non religious' happenings that are still bizzare.

doesnt take a genius to figure out,,

Indeed, paranormal things are called that because they are abnormal/unnatural happenings.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe kind of like how dreams happen to everyone yet the literature on it is usually relegated to the 'mystic' or 'new age' sections........not to mention lucid dreaming, the act of consciously dreaming, which many people don't even believe in!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The ether does not exist and quantum mechanics and physics are not made up of paranormal events

this is just gettin silly i think, lol. what do u mean ether doesnt exist? wouldnt be here if it didnt exist would we..?

[edit on 063131p://51036 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i didnt say they are 'made up of paranormal events'... i said those things are normal events, all the paranormal stuff is happening by laws of those things...
uncommon to us, normal to the universe.... its all NATURAL.. by universal nature..

why are we gettin hooked up on word games? its just another dodgy P word..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

this is just gettin silly i think, lol. what do u mean ether doesnt exist? wouldnt be here if it didnt exist would we

The only 'ether' that actually exists is the funny stuff, not the stuff that holds the universe toghether. There is not such thin as 'the ether', its an old concept that was found be basically be completely wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
personally im referring to ether as lightest gasses, makes it easier for me to say. may not be the right term but u know what i mean? i thought we have earth wind fire water and ether....

5 elements... as oposed to 4 which is the cOmMoN known..

give me some links if u can about the ether? thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Try "Patapsychology" which basically means that the "unnormal" is normal depending on ones perspctive.

www.rawilson.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ether means two things. One is a very light gas, a particular set of chemicals. If I recall correctly they are characterised by having a C=O=C bond. C2h40 is, the most basic ether, and I think its the one used as an anasthetic.

The other Ether is that which holds the universe together. Remove all matter from a given space and you still have the unmovable but irresistable ether.

I don't know why you'd put 'ether' as you are using it as an element. Wind covers gases, ether would just be a subdivision of wind.

top topics

join