It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grim New Rules for NYC Paramedics: Don’t Bring Cardiac Arrests to ER for Revival

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is insane!

As the coronavirus stretches New York City emergency rooms and paramedics to their limits, a regional EMT group has issued new guidelines almost unthinkable even days ago -- if someone's in cardiac arrest and you can't revive them in the field, don't bring them to the emergency room.

Emergency officials tell NBC News say that the measure will alleviate an influx of patients from going to the hospitals that have no hope of being saved. It also alleviates time the EMTs are out on a call where there is no hope for saving someone. However, the measures allow for a body to be taken care of with respect, according to emergency officials.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

What????

That's just adding to the death total. People have heart attacks and it has nothing to do with Coronavirus but you're saying just let them die? My God, I know it's bad but these are some draconian steps.

I wonder how hard these EMT's are directed to try to revive the patient or is it just up to the discretion of the EMT's.

I'm convinced that the official numbers must be higher. I think those Doctors and Nurses who said this awhile ago were right.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I’m not sure this changes anything.
How many times do they take people to the er that they know are going to die anyway?

Honestly this is a question for an emt.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Dayum!

New York is on a whole new level.

This will simply just add more chaos and people will begin to not trust their local health officials and hospitals for them to be spouting this out in public. Just like Philly with their "No longer arresting people for low level crimes".

ORDO AB CHAO

edit on 2-4-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a pragmatic question :

in 2018 how many cardiac patients [ admitted to ER ] // 100000 patients that did not presnt a pulse of arrival - were allive 24 hours later [ and of course part b - how many were signed off " resolution FATAL " within 1 hour of admittance ?

i realise that a lot depends on exactly who is 1st response - not all paramedics // response crews have the same level of equimpent

but starting with CPR // AED by " samaritans on scene " [ whoes skills may vary widley - its considered a miracle if CPR alone does anything except reduce chance of brain damage // death if the proffesional response can restore a pulse

AEDs - can work - and do have success stories

proffesional response with a real external defiblirator - and drugs - have a better success rate [ if response = < 10min

but if they cannot restore pulse - how many successes do hospital teams manage some 20 to 30 min later ??????????/

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If they can't be revived in the field the chances are extremely slim that they would be able to revive them in the ER. I say this as someone who is a heart patient and had a heart attack last year.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
looking at China,Spain,Italy
we knew this was coming
doctors can decide who will live or die.

CPR rarely works without defibrillation
Because of the increased exposure to emergency personnel
It is a brutal but pragmatic approach.

This is not a time to be careless with your health.
edit on 2-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Makes no sense. The Ers aren't even busy. This is complete bs. Blame the MSM for lying to us. I'm on my way to a Dr. appt in Boston now at BMC. I'll report back just how overloaded they are here.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Covid-19 Strikes one in several thousands and in most cases is recoverable.
Government Stupidity Strikes Everybody and it has not been cured for some thousands of years.

Which disease is more dangerous?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes74

Typically, four or five people to work a code. All of them are wearing gowns, gloves, booties, masks and eye shields. That's' a lot of PPE and working a code without it puts responders, doctors, nurses, and techs at risk for a high viral load of Covid19.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's been said before, the situation has reached the point where medical staff are actively choosing who lives and who dies. The Darwin award can't be stopped. If you need to be "revived" you probably shouldn't have taken that option for granted when your doctor said to make better choices in life.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

If they can't be revived in the field the chances are extremely slim that they would be able to revive them in the ER. I say this as someone who is a heart patient and had a heart attack last year.

That's just crazy.

My Grandfather had a heart attack and he was coding in the ambulance. They could't even get an IV in his arm. If the ambulance didn't rush to the ER where Doctors stabilized him, he would be dead.

The EMT's can only do so much. There's medicine to do things like slow your heart at the ER. If the skilled Nurse didn't get the IV in when he got to the Hospital, he would be dead.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I'd argue that MBAs who set staffing and supply policies and who engage PR pros for "Disaster Recovery" plans (that are woefully inadequate during an actual disaster) are choosing who lives and who dies, but I'm a big picture guy, so...

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Some people are born with condition's,or it's just genetics
with attention they could have a long and fulfilling life.
Has absolutely nothing to do with Choice.

edit on 2-4-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Gotta work hard to get those death #s where they want them.

How many people will die and be counted as Corona death 🙄

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 20Eyes74

Makes no sense. The Ers aren't even busy. This is complete bs. Blame the MSM for lying to us. I'm on my way to a Dr. appt in Boston now at BMC. I'll report back just how overloaded they are here.

My hospital is having lay offs... That's how busy we are. This is ridiculous!

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The wife informs me that this has been policy in our area for years. There is a big difference between a witnessed cardiac event and a "found down." You know exactly how long they've been down and what steps have been taken to revive them.

There is always a doc on the end of a phone line to call it. Neo's grandfather would have had that kind of benefit-of-the-doubt, for example.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Somethings not right.

I know they are saying that NYC hospitals are "overwhelmed" but look at this video.

While they claim that its filled to capacity inside, where are the hordes of people, the lines outside?

Just for testing if nothing else? Because its after 4pm and everyone went home?
Or this video shot in Harlem. For those of you who dont know, Harlem is still in Manhattan, starting around 105th street.
Or this hospital which is also in NYC:

edit on 2-4-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
The wife informs me that this has been policy in our area for years. There is a big difference between a witnessed cardiac event and a "found down." You know exactly how long they've been down and what steps have been taken to revive them.

There is always a doc on the end of a phone line to call it. Neo's grandfather would have had that kind of benefit-of-the-doubt, for example.

This is new.

The guidance from the Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York City applies to the city as well as Nassau and Suffolk counties. The group, known as REMSCO, is the state-designated coordinating authority for the region.

Typically, if someone has had cardiac arrest, and even if there's no blood flow, EMS units will perform CPR and other lifesaving measures while en route to the hospital. Now, with very limited exceptions, that's not to happen.

Additionally, REMSCO says if the body is in public view, the EMTs can call NYPD to safeguard the body until the Medical Examiner or funeral home can pick it up.

"These orders are binding and the FDNY will devise a plan for implementation," said Deputy Fire Commissioner Frank Dwyer.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

This isn't a policy anywhere. Nobody leaves people for dead when they're having a heart attack. They rush them to the ER. That's what the sirens are for.

They're telling them to let people die.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

Some people are born with condition's,or it's just genetics
with attention they could have a long and fulfilling life.
Has absolutely nothing to do with Choice.

Your use of the word "some" as opposed to "most" leaves a lot of statistics to be acknowledged for other causes. That was my point, not all patients are victims and many of those patients had it coming.

Opinions on the internet, blah blah.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sounds like the unofficial Death Panels are here !!! 👿

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join