It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot ABM Intercepts Enemy Missiles On First Day of Deployment in Iraqi Bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You know, who would have thought that if you protected your bases with air defense systems, that they would actually do their job??
Bonus lulz to the Iranian sponsored militants that tried to play off the attack on social media as a cancellation due to too many Iraqi brothers present. Read all about it in the article.

SouthFront, a conflict analysis group
On March 31st, Turkish state outlet Anadolu Agency reported that two missiles were fired on the Ain Al Assad air base, which were intercepted by Patriot defense batteries.

The Iraqi officer who spoke to Anadolu Agency on condition of anonymity said that Patriot missiles intercepted two rockets launched towards the Ain al-Assad base west of the al-Ramadi city.

On March 30th, Washington deployed Patriot missile defense batteries in bases hosting U.S. troops in Iraq, in Ain al-Assad base and Harir base in Erbil.

Well now, that puts Iran borders in range of the system.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I’ll wait for the news that another Iranian general was killed as retaliation. Some people never learn.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I’ll wait for the news that another Iranian general was killed as retaliation. Some people never learn.

Those idiots just keep playing with fire don't they?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
They used a multi million dollar missile to shoot down a rocket. That's like swatting a fly with an anvil.

edit on 31-3-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
They used a multi million dollar missile to shoot down a rocket. That's like swatting a fly with an anvil.

So we should just let US troops and allies get blown up. Got it.
edit on 3132020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
These groups are using ballistic missiles too.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The source stated that it was a rocket shot down. Not a ballistic missile.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I don't know what happened in this particular incident, but I DO know the media routinely treats "rocket" and "missile" as completely interchangeable.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

If You Say So!

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Exhibit A

Read the headline and the sub text right under it.

"2 missiles fired on US troops intercepted in Iraq"
"US-deployed Patriot missile defense systems shoot down rockets fired at Ain al-Assad base"

Same here

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Dang it, you got a hokey puck by me.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Centcom confirmed deployment of these systems, with plans of at least four systems deployed in Iraq. Iran has responded by fortifying qeshm island and ordering it's Iraqi militants to basically go open war on us forces. First half of video discusses the Turkey/Syrian government war in idlib.

top topics

join