It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians - Or what every religion you believe time to put up or admit your gods are false

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You do know that the book of Job makes it very clear that the god of this place, Earth, is the devil...right? The God Christian's pray to is the creator who exists outside the confined of time-space and who we could understand just like an ant can understand how we feel about covid. This is not his place to intervene, it is our ace however to show what our souls can get to shine through even in such a miserable place.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You have been told you are eternal and not at home.

a reply to: midnightstar

2 Corinthians 5 New International Version (NIV)
Awaiting the New Body
5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I am 54 long long agaio i was like many here believing in a god or gods and angles demons and such .
Many here clam they can get there gods to answer prayers .Many here clam there god saved them from drinking or drugs or a life of crime .
well now is your chance to show us all just how powerful your god is .
I have a friend how clams he can ORDER angels to do any thing he wishes Including kill people .
I know for a fact many here would say the same . SO ORDER your angles to stop this Virus and I will gladly bow down and worship your god for all eternity !
I use to believe I use to have faith But millions who cried out over my life never got help or answers and i finly realized it was all in my mind .
But show me YOUR power or have your angels do it Or have your gods do it and show THE world the true power of your god and save 10000s of lifes .

All i expect is the same caned answer Gods will the same god who you say has no problem torturing people iN life and Saved YOU from drugs or drinking or a life of crime !!!! .I will say If you want to clam Gods will then god is a devil after all His will will meen Millions dead after all is said and done with this virus and I for one wont thank a god like that .
So COMMAND your angels show us all just how great your gods are . I have kids and grand kids and would like to know they will live till old age .
Heck cant even blame man on this one as it is a virus like so many other that have killed 100s of millions over century's
The finle nail in the coffin of gods and men . Gods have died off in the past when people stopped believing Thor Shiva many 100s of gods are dust its time for humans to relize the ONLY ones who can save us ARE us and stop expecting some being who only seams to save drunks and drug addicts to do it for us .
1000 shave already died from this virus and tens of 1000s more wilol many other will never fully recover as jobs and lifes are ruined from the economical impact so call on your god to save us and show us we are really the fools your say we are .

I'm really sorry you have this within you. I hope venting will assist. Everything, relatively, will be fine. This isn't the bubonic plague. In 4-6 weeks you will see things through a new lens; I do believe that. Work on that belief, too, when you're feeling better about the stress we are ALL having. Time stretches infinitely forward and backward...this period is but a brief second in this stretching and we just happen to be caught in that moment. Good luck.

(post by Overd0sed removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

Alternatively, no one of any religion has to prove anything to you. Believe, don't believe. It's the choice of each individual.

But is is not about *believing* it is about 'knowing'.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JoseGarcia

I've read parts of the Bible.
Wonderful allegory and clues about being a good human.The salvation part doesn't really do it for me. Seems like a carrot, more than anything.

Your carrot theory is correct as the idea of 'salvation' carries HOPE; (earth experience is torture, afterlife heaven reward is paradise).

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Religion with its concentration on the perennial self-struggle, good versus evil, suffering versus non-suffering, is at the root of the modern skepticism and critique that surrounds present attitudes towards religion.
Why does God seem to be only presiding over our suffering?

Western religion accepts the suffering matrix we are all locked in like prisoners in a supermax. There’s little respite from the suffering in our world, and a constant barrage of layers of suffering even upon which other forms of suffering build their own spider's web of new suffering content. It reminds me of what Malcolm X said while lecturing a group of convicts. He said, " Don't worry men we're all in prison, it's just that some of us are in solitary confinement!"
I doubt that astute observation made them feel much better.

At any rate, it seems that Western religion doesn’t question God. Is man or humans some kind of masochist? I would say no we're just ignorant.

Personally, I’ve always felt like the Buddha that God, either way, is at the end of the day, or end of the millennium-- irrelevant.

In some strange way, we ourselves are God. And if a God appears in his full splendor then it will have something to do with what we do or are doing to ourselves.

As Rumi said: Seek ye out, Jesus? Then look inside yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A bit bigoted to say in today’s world no? Who cares what someone else believes in. It really doesn’t affect you. If your friends truly believe they talk with angels who will murder for them, they need assistance.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

your whole thread belongs in the rant section, you failed to even convince me you know anything of christianity with half of your demands, and the other half convinces me you havent read one page...
bye

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Man, this thing really brings out either the best in people or the worst.

OP, WTH do you care if people want to believe in God at this time?

Can't you find something more productive to do to help the situation instead of bringing others down when they already hurting?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: Lumenari

I always get a giggle out of people that don't have a belief in a higher power constantly having to post about how there is no higher power.

SA says:
I always get a giggle out of people that don't believe in UFO’s but are constantly having to post about how there are no UFO’s.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Prove that unicorns don't exist.

SA says:
Every little kid in North America knows that Unicorns exist.
They have all seen Unicorns, even pink ones.
Many of them have a Unicorn at home.
Unicorns exist in real life.

What, you are saying they do not exist in nature?
I can go to the store and buy a Unicorn and put it out in the woods and take a photo of it.
So yes, Unicorns DO exist in nature.

Oh, so you are saying they are not a living breathing creature?
Well that is completely different than saying they don’t exist.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
While reading this thread I perused one poster tell those who accept
John 3:16 to "prove it"

The responses show how many so-called Christians do not read their
own Bibles. There are dozens of scriptures that instruct Christians
"how to prove the validity of John 3:16"

John 3:16, and other scriptures of like substance (John 13:35..1 John 3:14-21)
are proved via your life, by following Christ teachings to love your fellow neighbor.

The unbeliever will never understand John 3:16, because the followers
of Christ are like Catholic pseudo-Christians that are completely clueless
of how "love" proves the Doctrine of Christ and their obligation
to prove it via their life.

This is more proof that many so-called Christians do not read their Bibles,
nor do they understand the basic fundamental teachings of Christ of
whom they claim they follow.

The unbeliever may never read a Bible, but he will judge the validity
of your faith/doctrine by the pages of your life.

This is like 10 year old Basic Sunday School teaching, and yet
people who claim to follow Christ don't understand this?

edit on 3/23/2020 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: JoseGarcia

I've read parts of the Bible.
Wonderful allegory and clues about being a good human.

The salvation part doesn't really do it for me. Seems like a carrot, more than anything.

I earnestly hope you will give Christianity and the message of salvation (re)consideration.

I wouldn't want the killer angles to get you.
I was raised up with it. when I got older I questioned everything and concluded I was right (to believe) the first time.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
lol @Phage for padding his post count and stars.. What a loser

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

*edit* Mean to Quote, but your comment "Ive read parts of the bible.."

Said every person to ever criticize the Bible/God/Jesus

Ignorance in Denial
edit on 23-3-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Thank you for posting...it made my evening.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Religion. Nothing can make me laugh so much, yet make me so sad at the same time. Religion is only for those that fear dying, nothing else. People can't seem to accept that life is fleeting, meaningless and ultimately futile. That's not to say we can't enjoy our moment in the solar radiation while we're here. I'm atheist, but still believe in living a good life and helping others. I don't need a fictional sky fairy to tell me what's bad, cruel, good or loving. I'm a sentient being with a brain that can make those decisions for myself. If you need a book to tell you what's bad or good, then you really do need help but not from the flying spaghetti monster (parmesan be upon him).

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
who says prove it to me lol prove t to the wolrd your god sure had no problem Killing the whole earth to prove it or killing whole citys to prove it
But if you need to iggy HALF your book even Jesus PROVED it going by the stories and even TOMAS asked for proff and god gave it .
I know your book betetr then all of you your attacking the messenger lol

I don't know where you see people attacking or hating on you at all but I started from the beginning again and can't get past this post. You don't know the story of the Bible because it very clearly gives answers to everything you claim there is no explanation for. If you ever want to start over and let me explain it to you from the beginning of be happy to but don't wanna waste time if you're hell bent on being opposed to everything posted.bjust right years ago or so I went to so many Christian forums. Why? To laugh at how pathetic and simpleton Christian's must be to believe in such bullcrap. Right? Well, that is until I finally started from the very beginning again and looked at the history of the world and story of the Bible and it so easily clicked. I just acted like I knew a lot when I knew nothing in reality. And you will never convince me you aren't the same since you are very openly claiming so many answered questions to be big mysteries of the Bible. Let me know. I'll summarize it for u really well and concise.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoBigG

and..?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join