It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians - Or what every religion you believe time to put up or admit your gods are false

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

It doesn't matter what you say to a reprobate or closed mind, the information will be rejected immediately, save some divine intervention. You can plant a seed, but only God can give the increase.

You do realize that other faiths and non-faiths think the same way about Christians, right?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
God gave this world over to the evil accuser.....temporarily and its almost over..God said 6000 years to deal with the devils bargain that resulted due to the evil one not liking mankind being made powerful enough to judge the angels. the year count is at 5992.......done deal...Father

put that in your pipe and smoke on my brand for awhile.

in this world ....it's a war with persons that are spirits in high places. satan is a person.....gonna get trashcanned
edit on 21-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
the accuser will get trashcanned the first time in September....or as early as April.....

second time....along about Sept 2024....third and final.....Sept 3024

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
so....OP......we don't have to fight ourselves....the evil one is on the docket already....slated for your wish.....

put him on the hellbound train...THE OBLIVION EXPRESS

edit on 21-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Sounds silly. God gives satan (the evil one) all those power and knows what he will do with it. Then blames satan when he does all tgese terrible things.

If you believe in an all-knowing God then you must believe that this is ultimately all God's doing.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I think the notion that people refer to god as a male one-minded consciousness shows how much that God is a human creation.

I believe there is spiritual beyond our physical but this idea that ancient men who wrote holy books are the only ones who had access to some secret wisdom is absurd.

Why do we follow these "holy" books that so full of comprising morals and bizzare stories?

Spirituality should be attainable without studying to find out what the rambelings of Muhammad, jesus followers or others meanings.

If there is a God of christianity, then why wouldn't he send jesus back yo modern times to write a much more concise and easy-to-follow holy book. Religions are old, confusing, and divisive. I say we stop believing in them and if God truely exists then he will create a better "bible".

Until we give up this worship of books written by ancient men, then we will never have a better religion IMO.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
That’s a strange post, very strange, angels kill people, really.

Yes.

PLASTIC ones can.

My sister was born to the sound of silent night and now thinks she is a person who does good in the world when she hurts others and then sticks her nose in the air when anyone doesn't agree with her.

So ignorant she nearly died of Lukemia when her waste of space boyfriend, who is a "poor me" for life, drained every last drop of energy she could provide him even when she's dying in a hospital bed.

I live with the pain of knowing I cannot help her, or him.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The reason people stop believing over time is because they forget what God has already done in their lives. This is why its critical to keep a journal and document every prayer answered, small and big ones. One attack of the enemy is the advancement of social media. Social media is nothing more than a distraction from true relationships. We have exchanged hand written letters for emails, calls for text, face to face with face-time. Even our relationship with our self has been taken away. We no longer have quite times of reflection and journalism, instead we wake to our phones and tvs.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

the way i choose to look at it, as GBP/JPY said, Satan and his minions rule the World hence the titles prince of the world/air.
they in turn cause all kind of havoc in it. God knows and see this. and there can many different outcomes from it.

God gave man free will, when something happens there can be many paths that can be taken, that have different results.

ie, one path may lead a person, group, country to respond in a negative / sinful way. the outcome of that response would be different than if they choose to respond in a positive way.

in other words he knows what the prince of the air has planned and knows the outcome of the many different roads that a man or the people of the world can take because we do have free will. the outcome depends on our choice.

edit on 21-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
I am 54 long long agaio i was like many here believing in a god or gods and angles demons and such .
Many here clam they can get there gods to answer prayers .Many here clam there god saved them from drinking or drugs or a life of crime .
well now is your chance to show us all just how powerful your god is .
I have a friend how clams he can ORDER angels to do any thing he wishes Including kill people .
I know for a fact many here would say the same . SO ORDER your angles to stop this Virus and I will gladly bow down and worship your god for all eternity !
I use to believe I use to have faith But millions who cried out over my life never got help or answers and i finly realized it was all in my mind .
But show me YOUR power or have your angels do it Or have your gods do it and show THE world the true power of your god and save 10000s of lifes .

All i expect is the same caned answer Gods will the same god who you say has no problem torturing people iN life and Saved YOU from drugs or drinking or a life of crime !!!! .I will say If you want to clam Gods will then god is a devil after all His will will meen Millions dead after all is said and done with this virus and I for one wont thank a god like that .
So COMMAND your angels show us all just how great your gods are . I have kids and grand kids and would like to know they will live till old age .
Heck cant even blame man on this one as it is a virus like so many other that have killed 100s of millions over century's
The finle nail in the coffin of gods and men . Gods have died off in the past when people stopped believing Thor Shiva many 100s of gods are dust its time for humans to relize the ONLY ones who can save us ARE us and stop expecting some being who only seams to save drunks and drug addicts to do it for us .
1000 shave already died from this virus and tens of 1000s more wilol many other will never fully recover as jobs and lifes are ruined from the economical impact so call on your god to save us and show us we are really the fools your say we are .

Good for you. Now let others believe whatever the hell they want and leave them alone. You havent shown proof of anything...well except ignorance

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
That’s a strange post, very strange, angels kill people, really.
God didn’t promise to save us from this earth, this pain, this horror called existence
Jesus died, Christ’s disciples died, Christians have been and still are being martyred this very day

In fact, Christians are taught to hold on to their faith with both hands as things are going to get extreme, substantially worse, unbearable but hold on to your faith, irrespective of how bad things are going to get

Gods promise for Christians is not here now, it’s for the next life, Gods promise is for a future better than this

God sent Jesus to save us from sin, from the debt we owe for the harm we cause others, a get out of jail free card, if we ask for it and love others as He loves us

No escape from this, not what we do to others or ourselves.
That’s life

If you don’t believe in God then we both agree, it’s not Gods fault

God didn’t promise to save the world, He did promise to save those who asked.
I can’t change nothing but myself, I can try to love others

Go, be miserable and expect magic to save the world, go be miserable and expect others to save you, go and demand and you, you do nothing but expect others to save you
Cop out, by all means

This
:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

But God is all-knowing and already knows the path we will choose. Hence, freewill is an illusion of choice because the choice is already known.

If God is infinitely powerful and all-knowing then he creates knowing exactly what choices will be decided and the consequences of those choices.

God and free will only work if most notions of what God is are thrown out the window. I think our idea of spirituality based on things like the bible, quran, torah, ect.. is an old way of thinking that will eventually have to be given up as science and humanity evolves.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

“God is Love, and he who abides in Love abides in God and God in Him”

The cosmic universal loving energy (sometimes referred to as Jesus) that upholds and is behind all of creation is a constant, and is there for anybody to tap in to and utilize.
No established religions have a monopoly on this Love, who feels it knows it.

Don’t stress, be persistent in your heart, mind body, and soul feeling this Love using all your spiritual resources.
This world is a fleeting illusion and we have the choice how to experience it, Love is all we need.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's a blessing ...the God(s) of us all ...loves you anyway

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have a friend that has done some mission work in Africa and I made some time to sit and talk with her about some of her experiences.

One of the things she witnessed many times was spontaneous healing. I asked her about that and why she thought it was so prevalent that people would be healed but we don’t see that in the West, just in the Bible. She said she felt the presence of God in Africa and expressed she felt it was because there is so much prayer, people really focused on God. They have nothing, no creature comforts or digital boxes to entertain.

Her experience led her to see how overall the West has forgotten or collectively dismissed. it’s not a punishment, it’s just a lack of faith and of coming together. There are miracles still just not as prevalent as in Africa. I believe I experienced one years ago but I can never know for sure.

God does not give us what we can handle. God helps us handle what we are given. That is if we ask and learn how to hear.

I met God through addiction and yes I am almost 6 years clean and sober because of this.

Peace

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

long winded denial of God and Religions

my logic tell me that gods-angels- are just advanced civilizations that have mastered the physical 3 dimensional universe and the 4th dimension of time by being in all 3 positions at once --> Past Present Future

religion & gods are our creation to comprehend 'them' with our puny, corrupt flesh brains/bodies

don't be obnoxious to the primitive people or scold them for being so superstitius

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

A challenge, if I may.

Imagine the virus we are experiencing fully collapsing the West, or even just to the point where the infrastructure goes down, panic and chaos ensues. Most that prepared according to the standard suggested would survive on their 2-week to 1-month food stores. What then? Some prepared food stores for 6-months to a year. What then? If there are no boats allowed to port and no trucks to drive deliveries, what would happen?

Would not the ones that learned the primitive methods of survival advance beyond the technologists of today? The technology and advancements of today are dependent upon the infrastructure. Is that really that intelligent of a design?

Would surviving on a stockpile locked away in a bunker be more advanced than heading to the woods and thriving on primitive methods?

Just an exercise in perception. Ways and people of the past have much to offer us even today. But our view has become jaded by modernity.
edit on 21-3-2020 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

did i just not say that, well i guess not, or it wasn't clear enough. he knows the outcome for all the possible paths we may take that comes from our free will.

look at as maybe something like being able to see into time or another dimension.

edit on 21-3-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think the notion that people refer to god as a male one-minded consciousness shows how much that God is a human creation.

I believe there is spiritual beyond our physical but this idea that ancient men who wrote holy books are the only ones who had access to some secret wisdom is absurd.

Why do we follow these "holy" books that so full of comprising morals and bizzare stories?

Spirituality should be attainable without studying to find out what the rambelings of Muhammad, jesus followers or others meanings.

If there is a God of christianity, then why wouldn't he send jesus back yo modern times to write a much more concise and easy-to-follow holy book. Religions are old, confusing, and divisive. I say we stop believing in them and if God truely exists then he will create a better "bible".

Until we give up this worship of books written by ancient men, then we will never have a better religion IMO.

What you suggest is absurd my fellow member. Every story in the
Bible holds spiritual truth of Gods nature his laws and his morals.
How bizarre the stories are certainly can't be laid at Gods feet.
Because we are the ones who become bizarre without his guidance
and in our rebellion against his word.

I'm sorry but ever bit of your argument is wrong because you are judging
from your tiny little perspective. It's not about your preference or
what you think. That's all corrupt and belongs no where in the Fathers
creation. You want things to be easier. Wow really? I don't want to
put you down friend. But you don't have any idea how God has gone
out of his way to make it as easy as possible.

It couldn't possibly be any easier. Jesus Christ. But I'll stop
here. if you want to read more from my personal view respond.
if not don't.I'm no authority by any means but I have made good
sense and found answers that fit questions I myself struggled with
for decades. But the answers always came.

edit on 21-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
If you believe in good and evil, you ultimately believe in some form of spiritual morality.

If you solely believe in evolution. Then for example, Hitler’s actions were neither good nor evil. His actions were equivalent to a cat tormenting a mouse.

Ugh.
Survival is the only apparent goal of life. If we want to even call it a 'goal'. In order for humanity to survive we had to work together. That meant being 'good' to each other. Keep the peace, work hard together.

Ultimately, for however we developed (obviously for the survival of the species), your mind has the ability to empathize and you understand what pain feels like. And you can imagine how it feels for other people (i.e. 'not good'). The golden rule is simple and doesn't require a highly hypocritical god (particularly in the Christian sense who has condoned and executed horrible crimes against humanity... so please don't look there for guidance. In fact if Hitler did want some guidance, just look to the OT).

Be good to each other and we will be much more likely to survive. It's super simple. And since we evolved to feel 'pleasure', let's create situations that allow us to feel that. i.e... being 'good'. Again, no need for god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join