It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA or FBI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Luz

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here but have been reading the forums for a while now.

I am a college student soon to graduate and have recently been given the opportunity to recruit with the CIA or FBI as a Special Agent.

The entry level pay for both is good (60k package in our region), plus good benefits. The only downside is relocating for 4 years.

I have been interested in ET's for a while now and was wondering which one can give me the most information about them?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The FBI gets the CIA leftovers in the UFO biz. You'll have to be in for a LONG time likely in either branch before knowing much about issue. I posted more about this on a similar thread, I'll dig up the link for you, as this was a prior secret ambition of mine as well....

here it is...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Gazrok]

Luz

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thank you

I figured it would take me a while in both agencies until I can get clearance for anything. But advancements in these agencies are pretty structured and it will be just a matter of time (long time) and ambition.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I too am a college student who is also interested in the CIA or FBI. Im looking more at the CIA though. Like I said in another thread, Im not going into the CIA or FBI for UFO information. I wouldn't suggest going into those fields if you're just looking for UFO information. Although, if i found out some information that we weren't alone, that'd make a great job even better.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just don't let on that that is your agenda (i.e. the alien angle), but make it clear your interest is in things related to it, such as metallurgy, exotic biology, aerospace engineering, astrophysics, etc. If the FBI route, it's likely to be more related to hiding the funnelling of the budget of such endeavors and more of the paperwork aspect, but although you'd likely learn a lot, likely not as much as the CIA (remember, the CIA was established right after Roswell)...

Of course, any entry level into the CIA or FBI is likely to involve anti-terrorism at present...

Remember this phrase...

Inta Mayta Muss Yahoodi Zub!

(It's Arabic for "Your Mother Sucks Jewish D***s!" (Well, you get the point...
)

Be sure to check the thread I linked to, as it has some info that might help you with the Entrance Exam...

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Gazrok]

Luz

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't be going into any of those instituions just to find UFO info,

I've always found the CIA and FBI interesting because of what they do. Protect the country, trainning, guns, secret information is just intertings. Plus it sounds awsome to say "I am CIA" or "I am FBI", the UFO stuff is just a bonus

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Luz]

Luz

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Gazrok

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, you could only say that if you were an "overt" operative, versus a "covert" one.

It's not near as glamorous as you may think it is though...

For one thing, the idea of being "expendable" is never really a good one...for example, if you are an international case officer, and you get caught, and you're still a "rookie", well, chances are you're going to rot in a foreign jail or be executed...without so much as a phone call from Langley...(though you will get a nice little plaque in the HQ if you are killed in duty)

Luz

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
and you get caught, and you're still a "rookie", well, chances are you're going to rot in a foreign jail or be executed...without so much as a phone call from Langley...(though you will get a nice little plaque in the HQ if you are killed in duty)

Little plaque huh, tell me that's not glamorous!
j/k

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luz

I am a college student soon to graduate and have recently been given the opportunity to recruit with the CIA or FBI as a Special Agent.

I have been interested in ET's for a while now and was wondering which one can give me the most information about them?

Well, how much ET information (on a need to know basis) do you expect to acquire working for the FBI or the CIA if the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency and former sitting Director of the CIA, James Woolsey, didn't have access to it during their tunure?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I hate to point this out guys but anouncing on a conspiracy forum that you want to join the CIA to see if you can find out about aliens is tantamount to guaranteeing a career path in the CIA that never goes anywhere close to those subjects. Remember the Watch word at that agency is discretion... they are always looking for inquisitive mentally flexible people, but being too inquisitive is looked upon in a negative light.
I didn't say any of this to rain on your parade, far from it in fact, I wish you both the best of luck and am happy to see people who still think for themselves wanting to serve their country. Just always remember that classified is classified and if it doesn't involve your department it is NOT worth a treason charge or worse to sneak a peek.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, how much ET information (on a need to know basis) do you expect to acquire working for the FBI or the CIA if the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency and former sitting Director of the CIA, James Woolsey, didn't have access to it during their tunure?

Well, there are people within the FBI or CIA that have lots of power besides the Director or what have you. Perhaps he has something in his background that sends up warning flags to those that do know the truth. Who knows? There's obviously other people running the UFO program that aren't as distinguished as the Director of the CIA.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
I hate to point this out guys but anouncing on a conspiracy forum that you want to join the CIA to see if you can find out about aliens is tantamount to guaranteeing a career path in the CIA that never goes anywhere close to those subjects. Remember the Watch word at that agency is discretion... they are always looking for inquisitive mentally flexible people, but being too inquisitive is looked upon in a negative light.
I didn't say any of this to rain on your parade, far from it in fact, I wish you both the best of luck and am happy to see people who still think for themselves wanting to serve their country. Just always remember that classified is classified and if it doesn't involve your department it is NOT worth a treason charge or worse to sneak a peek.

I agree. But like I said, Im not looking for a career in the CIA/FBI because of alien conspiracies and alien agenda's. Im joining because its a government job that pays well with good benefits. Plus, I want to help out my country.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Damn, I would love to join either, I have looked into getting into both organizations when I resided in the US (Actually the Recruit inspired me), but now it's not really an option anymore and I have little interest to join a DUTCH FBI type bureau, besides, I don't have the excessive schooling required to be even a COP! it's sick...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Correct me if wrong: You just don't "join" the FBI or the CIA. Sounds cool on a website. But- if you are one of the lucky few to actually get looked at, stand by for your clearance investigation. Not as easy as it looks, and not as fast as having your driver license checked.

Luz

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, we get recruiters at our schools that come and show us the opportunities at both the CIA and FBI.

It is a very rigorous process that involves tests and an even more rigorous background check. Once you get in, there is training involved (as we all know), which is physical and mental, and that lasts for about four months.

Then you are relocated to a small town for the FBI and Washington or possibly out of the country for the CIA for four years. Then you are likely to comeback or go to which ever big city office you want.

There are two things that make me want to reconsider the opportunity to even try out…

-Relocation – I have a girlfriend and we are very serious, (undergrad)
-Pay Cap – I think most directors get capped at 120 – 160k, if I go into private industry we are talking a substantial amount more.

As for how much information I wanted to get, I don’t know, if further down the road I wanted to focus on intelligence and take it seriously I could probably know more than the average person, like in any professional field. About the CIA Directors not knowing, well I have read that there are Presidents that don’t know all the complexities of their government either.

Off course the main reason to join is to protect and serve your country, and all the honor that carries in it self.

Luz

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sugarlump
I hate to point this out guys but anouncing on a conspiracy forum that you want to join the CIA

You are right...

I have been reading the forum before the opportunities were given. I would want to eventually focus on something related to what I am interested in, I would never even dare to look at something that is not for my eyes, ecxept if I am told to by my superiors.

I think some of you guys are misunderstanding me; I would never join any institution to get in and tell on what I have learned, that is just betrayal on any good type of government we have in society and from my stand point, the ends would not justify the means.

The reason I asked this is to know which institution would give me more opportunity to eventually learn and explore about Extraterrestrial for myself and only for myself.

" If" I were to join any institution I would try to focus on the sectors that Gazrok mentions, which would eventually lead me into a field I like.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Luz]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Being a member of this site (and other similar sites) may well exclude you from being succesfull with both agencies

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Assuming that there are secret compartments inside these agencies where there is alien collaboration, would that impress you? Are you under the assumption that they are avoiding disclosure in order to PROTECT humanity? There are lots of people who believe that they are collaborating with aliens in an evil and nefarious way.

I'd suggest rethinking the idea that CIA/FBI is the best way to serve your country, but that's just me. Do some alternate research before you sell your soul for a good salary.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Try something more along the lines of Homeland Security. You get to work with all branches, and if something "alien" shows up, you'll be one of the first ones to react to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join