It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff member in Vice President Mike Pence's office tests positive for coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: FredT

Someone can be NEGATIVE in the morning, but POSITIVE for Covid-19 by night-time. The only way to ensure that doesn't happen is to test every man/woman/child, and don't let those who test negative come outside, until all the positive people in the USA have been quarantined and cured.

I thought it was a global deep state conspiracy to take down Trump?

Can't figure you out, dude.

The over-reaction in the USA to 284 deaths since the beginning of the year clearly is.

On the other hand, the 12,469 deaths in America from the H1N1 virus barely made the news when Obama was President.

H1N1 in the USA: www.cdc.gov...

It's obvious to anyone with even a slightly-open mind, that today's over-reaction and hysteria is not based merely on, "An Abundance of Caution", as the hoax participants like to regurgitate on MSM outlets.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It's concerning that the leadership may have been exposed to this virus, we may yet see a real life designinated survivor scenario play out...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Liquesence

Maybe Trump and Pence have been given a secret vaccine?

And, that's why they're so cavalier about not getting it themselves.

I mean, this is a conspiracy site, right?

In that case it's more they're just clones and the real them are in bunkered isolation.

HAHA That's what I said after Trump had his first visit to the White House as the President Elect. He, I said, looked like he just met his 9 clones! LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

A thought, regardless of my personal feelings on how overblown this nonsense has become...
WHY ARE WE CONSTANTLY SEEING THE PRESIDENT AND THE VICE PRESIDENT TOGETHER!?!? I'd think that would be one of the first changes they'd have made weeks ago. Keep them separated physically until this is resolved. Continuity of government is actually a thing... it's why the two aren't allowed to fly on the same plane together.

More carelessness, creates more panic an fear.

What else would you expect?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The White House has issued guidelines.

Some states have gone way, way overboard with those guidelines IMO.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It has to do with cognitive dissonance.

It becomes difficult to remain coherent.

HAL had a real problem with it in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Open the president's brain cell synapses please Hal.

I'm sorry, Phage, I cannot do that.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to the president.

In his case it's a matter of a high level of confirmation bias.

Expert: "There are encouraging test results but more testing is needed."

Trump: "It's very effective and we can start using it right away."
edit on 3/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The White House has issued guidelines.

Some states have gone way, way overboard with those guidelines IMO.

The 3 states (IL/NY/CA) who have declared a stay-at-home order are very angry at the Trump Administration, because at the end of February, a Federal Judge gave the Administration the authority to financially punish Sanctuary States.

Illinois's crooked governor (Pritzker) put us on lockdown beginning tomorrow, even though we've had only 4 deaths the entire year, and no new cases of Covid-19 in the past 2 days!

Source: www.worldometers.info...

The Chicago news media is trying to help him, by continually stating how many Covid-19 cases there are in the USA and the World, but after a very few days of the lockdown, Pritzker is going to have a rebellion on his hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I think Illinois might be thinking if they tank their economy and go bankrupt as a state, they can get a federal bailout.

I am busy watching the Kansas governor go nuts while the press gets upset at the Missouri governor for not following in her footsteps.

He basically issued the federal guidelines, but left it up to localities how they wanted to handle things. Meanwhile Gov. Kelly isn't even sure schools will open in August.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

why haven't the ENTIRE WH staff been tested?

I know, right! EVERYDAY! ALL DAY LONG!

There is nothing more important than the health and safety of the president and vice president. This cavalier attitude the White House has been putting forward, regarding their susceptibility to the this virus, helps no one!

Actions speak far louder than words, and the sardine press conferences and refusal to keep their distance tells me much more clearly what I need to know about this virus than the news and even CDC are squawking -- if the highest in the government aren't practicing what they preach, we've been hoodwinked and it's truly not that serious. If t was, they'd be living in hermetically sealed hazmat suits long before now.

Either that or they got a sooper seekrit hush-hush vaccine already. But my money is on the former.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It's obvious to anyone with even a slightly-open mind, that today's over-reaction and hysteria is not based merely on, "An Abundance of Caution", as the hoax participants like to regurgitate on MSM outlets.

I think open minded people are going to have different opinions.

Per the media, they actually weren't covering this until the stock market signaled how serious this issue was. China was shut down for 2 months, and once quarterly reports tanked investor confidence, people started to sell.

I don't like how much of the government is reacting, especially the over spending... But one of the sad truths is many communities simply aren't prepared for local pandemic like conditions. Test kit shortages, mask shortages for healthcare workers, ventilator shortages... Ect.

I don't understand why society demands every issue must be spoken about in extremes. This isn't the end of the world, but it's also not a hoax as many would suggest. Look at Italy, that's what can happen if it overwhelms the hospitals. Now, many would say that can't happen here, and I'd be willing to listen to someone try and convince me of that. And while you might be able to get me to agree it likely wouldn't be widespread, I'd be hard pressed to conclude there is little chance we don't see horrible outbreaks swamp some communities.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I wasn't referring to the president.

In his case it's a matter of a high level of confirmation bias.

Expert: "There are encouraging test results but more testing is needed."

Trump: "It's very effective and we can start using it right away."

Compared with:

"If you want a test, you can get a test."

Which is false.

He has no comprehension of the severity or what the professionals are saying. We all know this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It sounds like they were tested, sir.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone's been agreeing for years that we have a "divided nation". We could be on the cusp of that manifesting itself in a very ugly way. Sometimes you got to teardown and rebuild the house, rather than merely renovating it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Sounds to me like too little, too late.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone's been agreeing for years that we have a "divided nation". We could be on the cusp of that manifesting itself in a very ugly way. Sometimes you got to teardown and rebuild the house, rather than merely renovating it.

Yet the two parties seem rather aligned on an issue for the first time in a while.

Hell, Trump is using some Obama like tactics of throwing money at the balloon. Bailouts, welfare checks for everyone, and much much more.
edit on 20-3-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

On January 12th, CNN ran an article about the "Chinese Virus" in Wuhan. When President Trump said the same thing, CNN's terrorist assigned to the White House (Jim Acosta) jumped all over the President as racist. The MSM is to blame for all we're seeing manifested right now.

The owners of the 6 big media networks must be held accountable. They, along with Democrat leaders, have done more damage to America this year than anything that came out of China. Hmm... that would make a great ATS thread!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

On January 12th, CNN ran an article about the "Chinese Virus" in Wuhan. When President Trump said the same thing, CNN's terrorist assigned to the White House (Jim Acosta) jumped all over the President as racist.

Media calls Trump a racist... Shocked I tell ya.

The word has lost it's meaning, just like the over use of terrorist. I think sensational pundit would be more fitting. But I never did get how people could get hung up on the hyperbole while they use it in the same breath.

The MSM is to blame for all we're seeing manifested right now.

I think they're capitalizing on it... But I've held the belief the market were the first one's to signal smoke.

The owners of the 6 big media networks must be held accountable. They, along with Democrat leaders, have done more damage to America this year than anything that came out of China. Hmm... that would make a great ATS thread!

They're all voting for over a trillion dollars to be thrown at something without really "fixing" a damn thing. This amount of spending in an already bad economic environment will leave plenty of blame for all those typical politicians.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Dude, go away.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I remember quite a bit of discussion going on during the obama admin with H1N1.

You yourself were hardly a restrained voice.

Whats happenning now only reflects how social media has exacerbated the discussion.

And at least 8 years ago practical responses to an actual dilemma were applied.

4 months into this whole 'china' virus, and you are calling chicken little? Care...do you really care?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join