It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staff member in Vice President Mike Pence's office tests positive for coronavirus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You mean like PrEp...?

I believe it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Those parts of his actions make me nervous; throwing money around like that is not a good thing. I'm less nervous about him cutting red tape to expedite testing and development of treatments and vaccines. I'm less nervous about him mobilizing military capacity to expedite the movement of resources around the country. And he should be disseminating guidelines like he has been and leaving the actions taken up to the states.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Up until the crazy spending I didn't have too many gripes. Honestly I think letting states and localities make decisions is way better than blanket mandate. The federal government has proven to be inept in a lot of disaster responses... I don't see why we should trust them with the competence to quarterback a nation wide response to a pandemic. I'm not a professional, maybe I'm wrong on that... But my point is I don't think anything was done horribly up till this immense spending programs. The worse part is I don't see any of these spending programs having meaningful short term positive effects much less long term.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

LOL

Well, Trump has a good feeling about it all, so...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Short-term it might make people more patient with having to sit at home, but that's about it on the main street front. Some folks might be more willing to order carry-out from local restaurants.

But they aren't going to be able to keep paying people to sit at home like that.

They better be hoping one of these treatments is a real solution that if it won't stop people from getting it will at least prove to be something that can be quickly and cheaply produced so that everyone who shows up with it can be given a course to prevent as many severe cases as possible to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed because that's really the game being played here.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: FredT

The crazy part is the virus itself. Incubation is 5 to 25 days and some are just carriers with no symptoms. If they were testing all WH employees everyday then the 'leak' would be

TESTS WASTED ON WHITE HOUSE STAFF WHILE PEOPLE DIE

Right?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Lets call it the Trumpfeelsgood virus.

Has a certain ring to it

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Liquesence

I wasn't referring to the president.

In his case it's a matter of a high level of confirmation bias.

Expert: "There are encouraging test results but more testing is needed."

Trump: "It's very effective and we can start using it right away."

Are you watching CNN edits or something? I've been watching all conferences these last couple days and not once have I seen in real time Trump say anything like that.

Today he said VERY CLEARLY "it may work or it may not work." Wife and I both seen/heard it. I'm really not certain anymore what's happening here....

How is it I can witness him say something and then somehow within a half hour all the trending news articles are the EXACT opposite of what was actually said. They edit videos in such a way to make it look so, too. I knew it was bad but had no idea how bad it actually was until I started watching everything related to Corvid19.

I didn't actually witness it in real time until I started following this whole mess. I just read about it. You people are forcing me to vote Trump on general principles.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

Are you watching CNN edits or something?
Nope. Not once.

not once have I seen in real time Trump say anything like that.
It was a paraphrase of the impression he gave me. Just as it was a paraphrase of what the experts say. The point is, there was a large disconnect between the two. Am a wrong in thinking that Trump said the drug was approved for treatment for CORVID19 by the FDA? Has it been approved?

I didn't actually witness it in real time until I started following this whole mess. I just read about it.
That makes no sense.

You people are forcing me to vote Trump on general principles.
As is your right. But I have a hunch that "us people" don't have anything to do with it.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'd be open to humoring the idea of the spending packages if they can make sense of it, even then, I'd only be hearing them out. I doubt I'd ever agree, as I rarely do with huge spending programs.

It does look like we're going to see a wave of unemployment. For those that are able to work, they can get a check if we put them to work helping with the problem at hand or fixing the failing infrastructure. Better than nothing.

I absolutely hate the idea of bailouts for big corps who mismanaged... But if it happens I'd rather see domestic companies given first dibs, meaning 90% of all operations done in house (if those really exist anymore).

I could go on, and these aren't perfect, I know. But they're just examples on how if we're going to have big spending programs, at least we put some thought into it and look ahead to make sure it's not all for nothing. Obviously I'm not the only one who sees these things as issues. I know Trump campaigned heavily on these things, and that's one of the reasons he's the first presidential candidate with an R or a D next to their name I rolled the dice on. I know he's at least made attempts on some of this with resistance from a Republican held congress as well as the inverse. I've been critical of him, but that's because I voted for him and feel cheated in a lot of ways. I feel like he's slowly transitioned into another status quo president in many ways... Still not as bad as many, but I still have quarrels none the less.

If this spending continues with no real substance... I'll be even more convinced he is the white Obama of the right. Professional at giving lip service and getting a base, but policy wise is more in line with predecessors.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The solution you seek is clairvoyance. You cant just put a monitor on someone and have an alarm sound when they may or may not eventually contract a virus. Sometimes i dont know if you are serious or maybe do not realize how foolish you sound.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Cannot hold the media accountable. Just need counter-media to make them look like the idiots they are.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Maybe I should have said, "better late than never".

Look, I think it's unacceptable that COVID 19 positive people have been socializing round the president and the VP. The Administration dropped the ball on protecting them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join