It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Everyone 65 And Older Died From Covid19 What Would The Long Term Effect On The World Be?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Some would argue, that's the whole point of reincarnating into these "flawed" bodies.

I think we're apart of a bigger "known agenda" of betterment.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

If Everyone 65 And Older Died From Covid19 What Would The Long Term Effect On The World Be?

My collection of tacky socks would easily dwindle.

Yes, your tacky sock situation has been a big concern of mine for quite some time now.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

Some would argue, that's the whole point of reincarnating into these "flawed" bodies.

I think we're apart of a bigger "known agenda" of betterment.

Yes. And being tested and challenged pushes us to rise up closer to our potential.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Basements would empty, vitamin D would not be needed.

So after all we old folks are gone, our thirty year old sons and their buddies will be freed from their basement/den existence and can finally enter into the sunshine?
Who knew that an irrational fear of walking past mom and dad to get to the front door was what was holding them prisoner all this time. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I've gotten word that this thing has mutated

so there are 2 strains,

1st strain - doesnt harm kids

2nd strain - Harms kids!!!!

are there two strains?
edit on 18-3-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Its an interesting thought and very reminiscent of Logan's Run which was a scifi movie about a society where everybody who turned 30 was basically killed off

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If after all we old people are gone, the grocery stores start selling a product called "Soylent Green".... don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Its an interesting thought and very reminiscent of Logan's Run which was a scifi movie about a society where everybody who turned 30 was basically killed off

Don't forget Wild in the Streets, where those over 30 were put into camps.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

My zoomers are already better at everything than most of us. My eighteen-year-old works from home via VPN and does QA programming for a worldwide financial firm for mid-high six figures (without a college degree). I owned my own home at 24 that I bought with money I made from banging my penis against the strings of my guitar for a few hours a week, and even I am in awe of his hustle.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
If after all we old people are gone, the grocery stores start selling a product called "Soylent Green".... don't buy it.

It would be remarketed as Soylent Gray.

Or GrayFo.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Good one I forget and lets face is there a Hal Holbrook movie that is not great?
edit on 3/18/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Soylent Green is people!
...but, who knows....if Walmart has it for a good price, well....

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

You sound very disrespectful towards your body...not saying you are, just your description of it.

I think we get what we are...

You think(mind) you have a flawed, imperfect tool of perception(body), so body and mind is in a negative energy pattern.

Most probably your soul is just like that, otherwise you would be out of sync, and death already.
Remember your soul came here, to learn something.

Your soul will not be able to move on as long as it integrates the body and the mind as a harmonic whole.

It's this negativity towards yourself that's actually holding you back.
not the fact that your infinte soul choose a finite experience.

Once in harmony the body becomes an unbelievably broad and precise, tool. You will feel see and hear things you didn't know where there. And you will learn to pickup information from every inhabited realm.

Funny enough thats when most people go straight to the head-doctor... Or the exorcist...

Sincerely NC

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a lot of retirees do pro-bono and nonprofit work. It would wreck food pantries, child care and the legal professions. Clear out the courts and the senate.

Minority cultures would be ripped apart; especially asian and Native American groups in the US.

The housing market would collapse. Also fruitcakes and prunes.

The whole medical sector.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Those who raided social security can refill the coffers and walk away scot free.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
While morbid, this is an interesting thought experiment.

In pondering this, I cannot help but think of my grandfather, as I often do. This man has been a motivation in my life for a very long time, though he passed about 15 years ago. I also think about my son, who I had when I was 39 years old. In your scenario, my son would grow up without grandparents or great grandparents, aunts or uncles and many other, older, influential people in a child's life. Learning to respect these people would die, right along with them. How do you teach someone to respect the elderly if there are no elderly, as we know them now? When the new batch of elderly arrive, almost an entire generation will have come along that knows nothing about them, and how to respect them, or how to protect them, or how to learn from them.

I may be thinking in extremes but, while financial gains would certainly occur, would it really be a better place? I'm not sure it would be.

I saw a young girl help an elderly woman pick up her dropped glasses the other day and it made me smile. That would be gone for a whole generation, and that mindset would be passed down over and over again until Logan's Run wasn't just a movie anymore.

Again, this may be extreme thinking, but it's something that should happen in any and all thought experiments.

Interesting post, though. Good on you.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

As in everything there are advantages and disadvantages. If we could find another solution to the social security and labor problems "caused" by the increased longevity would be preferable.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I want to point out that, actually anywhere below the 81 year mark the death rate is pretty small.

And it's only about 14 to 21% in the 81+ year group.

www.worldometers.info...

Average average chance per year of mortality if there were no such thing as corona virus would be 4.4% for ages 75 to 84, and 13.5% for people over 85.

It's a big jump for the 80 to 84 group, and a bit more than a doubling in probability for those over 85. (Although there is probably some overlap, where some who died "from corona virus" may have been on their deathbed already prior to contracting it.)

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

To be honest, i have a hard time to follow the argument,
in order to protect the 1% from the risk group, the 99%, should have their liberties restricted.

1% complication / 99% mild symptoms

It's funny during occupy they said the same but it was directed at the rich and powerfu media was bashing them constantly,
now its between the poor weak and the poor healthy.

Way to do it PTB

Can't you see what's going on?

Sincerely NC

To me, the biggest irony is that the group most at risk is economically the MOST ABLE to sequester themselves, because most of them are no longer working.

They don't NEED to go to work. The younger generation does.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sorry but humanity wouldnt bounce back from losing our elders.

that would alter the course of human history.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

If the boomers die who would the millennials blame?

edit on 05331America/ChicagoSat, 21 Mar 2020 00:05:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join