It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Everyone 65 And Older Died From Covid19 What Would The Long Term Effect On The World Be?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Before you say it....I'll be 65 in a few months so I'm certainly not hating on old people....but....dare I say it.... once the period of mourning had passed a world without the aged and elderly (at least for a while) may be a very beneficial thing for humanity...at a time when humanity will need it.

Of course once we boomers go we'll take with us decades of experience and wisdom...but I have no doubt that the internet will more than make up for it.

So, what say you ATS?
edit on 3/18/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

AARP & Consumer Cellular. Both eviscerated.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

AARP & Consumer Cellular. Both eviscerated.

But no retirement payments or social security to pay or medicare.
And millennials would suddenly become home owners as they inherit their parents property.

Oh, and Consumer Cellular... that's funny. I hate their commercials.Its like they go out of their way to get the goofiest looking old people they can find.
edit on 3/18/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

right - so you want rid of all > 65s - so that you 64s - will be the oldest and wisest on the planet - and have all the youngsters fawning over you - got it

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

right - so you want rid of all > 65s - so that you 64s - will be the oldest and wisest on the planet - and have all the youngsters fawning over you - got it

Oh, I've always been the wisest.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So....does the world really need people 65 and older?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Yes. Some of those 65+ people had sons like me who lost their way early in life and are still trying to make their parents proud that they could return from oblivion.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Yes. Some of those 65+ people had sons like me who lost their way early in life and are still trying to make their parents proud that they could return from oblivion.

You sound like an exceptional human being...and I know these things.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I would lose my mother, while I am still struggling with the loss of my father.
I get where you are going at, but don’t forget the emotional part of this. Life is not just all about payments and numbers... It’s about family and friends and love also! Imagine so many people struggling and mourning over the losses. It would tear up all of society.
Humans are no robots...

What would that emotional part ONLY do to all those numbers and payments?
edit on 18-3-2020 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The concept reminds of Logan's Run where people are taken out once they reach a certain age.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt
I would lose my mother, while I am still struggling with the loss of my father.
I get where you are going at, but don’t forget the emotional part of this. Life is not just all about payments and numbers... It’s about family and friends and love also! Imagine so many people struggling and mourning over the losses. It would tear up all of society.
Humans are no robots...

What would that emotional part ONLY do to all those numbers and payments?

I didn't forget the emotional part. I said 'once the period of mourning had passed'....which would no doubt take years.....then what would society be like....better off or not?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The world will be fine without any of us!

Society on the otherhand does need them!

I'm under 40

NC
edit on 18-3-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

The world will be fine without any of us!

Society on the otherhand does need them!

I'm under 40

NC

That does seem to be the consensus. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ah, that quest.

The prodigal son template. Whatever motivates you to do good for yourself I suppose. If you don't feel like you can do it for yourself as your main motivator, you use the opinion of those who love you and have a stake in you as the next incarnation of them.

I can relate, I used to have parents. The most recent one passed away in 2017. Yep, that's a strong feeling. They see something in you etc. Just remember that after they go, you still have to have a reason to grow and self esteem to do it. Their opinion wont matter anymore and your opinion of them can change too. You'll always look up to them but might think you're better than they were in certain ways that they fell short.

Most of them were 60 years and older.

Health officials have said that older adults were twice as likely to have serious illness from the novel coronavirus and the fatal cases in the US appear to reflect that.

The majority of people who have died were in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The youngest were in their early or mid-50s.
Many lived in nursing homes or other facilities.

The deadliest cluster so far has been linked to a nursing home in Kirkland, Washington. More than 20 people who lived there and someone who visited the facility have died.

People who lived in other long-term care facilities in Washington, Florida and Kansas contracted the virus and died.
Many had other health problems.

Diabetes, emphysema and heart problems were among the pre-existing conditions that some people suffered before they were diagnosed with coronavirus.

www.cnn.com...

Then it goes into a state by state analysis with the age and a sentence about each fatality and all are over 50, the vast majority over 60 and almost all with underlying health problems. The deaths being basically entirely seniors is understandable, but they're also the ones mostly catching it too.
edit on 18-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

A lot of wisdom would be lost and young idiots would take over the world. Young cabalist idiots would continue down Satan's path.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If you put it that way the world doesn't need humans at all after all. Is not like we made this world better since we roam around...

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Basements would empty, vitamin D would not be needed.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I was gonna say whys it gotta be that age group. I say lets rid ourselves of the zoomers, I think nothing but positivity can come from that. AMIRITETHO?

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, Smarty, you asked, so I pondered. Two things stick out as beneficial, you may have already considered them.

The housing market would be saturated with empty homes for sale, and highly likely at a steep discount. It would be a HUGE boon for other generations to finally afford something to call their own without needing multiple jobs to pay for it, as that much available real estate would likely be extremely cheap.

Agriculture would likely also have a noticeable amount of quota pressure removed from the growers' shoulders. That might trigger quality over quantity farming methods, and that's nothing to snub.

posted on Mar, 18 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Logan would most certainly agree...

It's a loaded question.. of course society is better off at least from a financial perspective, seems a bot would only use logic devoid of feeling.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join