It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Shooting at Atlanta Courthouse, Judge & Two Others Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why yes it would appear to be the same.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm. The plot thickens. I wonder if the shooter and the eugenics case are related in any way?

----Of course it is the same. Look at the kinds of cases this Judge Barnes had presided over. They were all contriversial within our current society and he had a pattern of being leinient, considering more than just sentencing guidelines, and his eugenics case had widespread implications on abortion rights. Its funny that he was a liberal judge and that the judge who had her family murdered a few weeks ago was also a liberal judge put in place by the Clinton administration. She also had presided over contriversial cases and in her most contriversial, had her ruling overturned by a higher court. It's just that's all.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Can someone please post this guys wrap sheet. I'm interested in seeing his criminal record and what he was awaiting trial for.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He was on trial for rape and sodomy.

www.wxia.com... has a live stream for anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Can someone please post this guys wrap sheet. I'm interested in seeing his criminal record and what he was awaiting trial for.

A conviction on a rape charge for Brian Nichols would have meant life in prison plus several years. After being brought from the jail to the courthouse for his second trial in as many weeks Friday morning, Nichols grabbed a deputy's weapon in a corridor. He walked into the courtroom, opened fire, and killed a judge and court reporter. He later mortally wounded a deputy, witnesses said.

According to court workers, Nichols had previously tried to sneak weapons into the courthouse while being transported there from the Fulton County jail.

Aside from a rape charge stemming from an incident in August, Nichols is charged with sodomy, possession of a machine gun, possession of a handgun, and possession of a large quantity of marijuana. His first trial last week ended with a hung jury. A second trial started Monday.

Source

CNN showed a list of his crimes but I could not find them, trust me he has a rap sheet a mile long. Drugs, guns, Sex and theft and that is just for starters.

CNN just gave the list again add false imprisonment, driving w/o insurance, driving w/o a license.
[edit on 3/11/2005 by shots]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm kind of confused about the security here. Getting into any courthouse, or out of it, there's a single file way past the metal detector that's always manned. I know he got the hardware inside, but he still had to come out that way, past another guard?

If the guard was equipped witha revolver, he was either a pretty damned good shot and hit with each round, or was out of ammo and should have been dog-piled by anyone with spine. If he had a semiauto, most he should have had left was what, four rounds?

Unless he was trained in combat with a handgun., and calm, he would have been very lucky to be able to bring down anyone else. Ideally, someone should have dropped him with a CNS hit while he was running down the hall.

But, with a population trained by the left to be "tolerant" and "peaceful", no one bum rushed hi, or went for the hardware. We've all been trained that nothing is worth sacrificing for. Even the police on security have been beaten down to make sure they exhaust every option to negotiate, which isn't possible in a moment's time.

Now there's a killer on the loose. He's got the tools, and the time to rearm. I wonder who else will die. Just so if he is captured alive, the courts and lawyers will spend and make millions defending him.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Uh, can't mention the marijuana thing. I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the crime. It was just an unhappy, rare coincidence. Drugs, especially marijuana, have no connection with crime. The marijuana was just another innocent victim.
sorry, couldn't resist. Been reading too much "pro dope" stuff recently.

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by infinite8

A conviction on a rape charge for Brian Nichols would have meant life in prison plus several years. After being brought from the jail to the courthouse for his second trial in as many weeks Friday morning, Nichols grabbed a deputy's weapon in a corridor. He walked into the courtroom, opened fire, and killed a judge and court reporter. He later mortally wounded a deputy, witnesses said.

According to court workers, Nichols had previously tried to sneak weapons into the courthouse while being transported there from the Fulton County jail.

Aside from a rape charge stemming from an incident in August, Nichols is charged with sodomy, possession of a machine gun, possession of a handgun, and possession of a large quantity of marijuana. His first trial last week ended with a hung jury. A second trial started Monday.

Source

CNN showed a list of his crimes but I could not find them, trust me he has a rap sheet a mile long. Drugs, guns, Sex and theft and that is just for starters.

CNN just gave the list again add false imprisonment, driving w/o insurance, driving w/o a license.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The govenor of GA is now offering a 10,000 reward. If you happen to see the suspect you should notify your local police at once.

Under no circumstances should you confront the individual he is considered armed and extremely dangerous.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
I'm kind of confused about the security here. Getting into any courthouse, or out of it, there's a single file way past the metal detector that's always manned. I know he got the hardware inside, but he still had to come out that way, past another guard?

He ran down a back stairwell as others would in an emergency like a fire. When he came out of the exit he shot the third officer that was on guard. The officer as I understand it had no time at all to respond since no one had sounded an alarm.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am just amazed that one, he got a gun from a deputy, and that two, he made it out of the court house! WTF!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I am just amazed that one, he got a gun from a deputy, and that two, he made it out of the court house!

I think it may have something to do with the fact that the deputy was a female. Jurors from his first trial have stated he had an appeal, perhaps he used that appeal on the officer before she knew what happened.

More then likely it will come out during the investigation, however; I doubt we will ever hear about it.

Edit for spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I am just amazed that one, he got a gun from a deputy, and that two, he made it out of the court house! WTF!

I know, sounds almost unreal, the sorta thing you could only get away with in the movie kinda thing. Maybe he just got pissed off at the way his trial was going? He may have thought, f**k it, if my lifes going down the drain im gonna take a few people with me, then thought he may as well escape whilst he had his chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What if it went down like this?

A nice man with dark sunglasses offers this potential lifer a chance at freedom and a wetworks job if he can do a little something in exchange.
The con agrees, they tell him to shoot the judge.
He laughs, says he would have done that anyway.
They tell him the consequences of failure, he'll be programmed to shoot himself if he's pulled over by the police during the getaway.
He shows up on the important day and sure enough, they get him the gun, and he enters.
He shoots the guard, then the judge, and takes the guard's gun to make it appear as though it had been stolen.
He runs out the back and removes the final obstacle, the last guard.
He gets in the prepared car and takes off.
Just like they told him to, he ditches cars half a dozen times and gets away.
He knows he's programmed to kill himself with the pistol if he hears the words "step out of the car" so he drives like a demon.
He arrives at the rendezvous, giddy with thoughts of freedom.
A smiling man in dark glasses approaches and says in a mocking voice "Step out of the car."

Is this above scenario plausible, possible, or improbable? Opinions?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Is this above scenario plausible, possible, or improbable? Opinions?

Highly improbable I would say. The judege was very well liked by all according to the news reports.

One girls stated she tought if there was anyplace in the courthouse that a person would get a fair trial, it was his court room.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A state court judge revealed new details about how an inmate was able to get access to a gun and shoot four people, killing three, a judge, a deputy and a court reporter.

Article Snipped a portion to remain within forum guidlines. Followed by

"[Nichols] overpowered the female deputy, shot her and took her keys, took her gun, and took her ammunition, and calmly walked across the public hallway," said Judge Schwall.

According to the account, Nichols then walked into Judge Barnes' chambers and handcuffed the deputy, stole his gunbelt, and then went in the courtroom and shot the judge and shot the court reporter.

"My deputy told me that that they clearly felt like that he, the inmate, had a clear intention to kill the judge, that's what he was going to do," said Schwall."

www.11alive.com...

Now the question is why didn't the deputy alert others???????

Perhaps there is more to this story then I thought

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i wonder if this will lead to new court room proceedures.

speaking from my experience in law enforcement and in the same situations ( courtroom duty) there were are couple officers who said that they would have a problem 'drawing down' on somebody even if they were in danger. my point....just because you are a cop, just 'cuase you can pass the tests.. does not mean that they can do the job. it may be a small percentage but obviously, an exploitable percentage. police are people too....with all the insecurities that we 'common folk' have the police have them too.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They've just located the Accord in an Atlanta garage.

The suspect apparently isn't in the car.

Somehow I think he's far, far away by now.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I just heard that the reward for his capture is up to 65 thousand dollars. However, there is no way this guy is going to be taken alive if he can help it. He is looking at 3 or 4 death penalty cases from today.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
They've just located the Accord in an Atlanta garage.

The suspect apparently isn't in the car.

Somehow I think he's far, far away by now.

They (news) just said that the car was located in same garage where Nichols took it from the reporter, supposedly down a level. This case just gets more strange by the minute.

If this guy was out on bail, why go back to the court house? Seems this was a pre-meditated event, very well planned.

Anyone else think it's odd what's happened to two judges in as many weeks?

[edit on 12-3-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This story may be possibly related to this story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The guy is now in custody.

He was taken down by the ATF after a standoff at an apartment complex in Gwinette County, Ga.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join