It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe

originally posted by: UFO1414
Am I nuts or is the CFR gone up dramatically? Currently at 13%. I swear it was at 8% or 9% on Friday.

On a good note, we've eclipsed 100K recovered.

www.worldometers.info...

It's because the numbers of deaths from Italy and Spain are increasing rapidly - between them they're adding over a 1000 per day, which is skewing the number for the CFR (people are dying faster than they are recovering).

I'll give you Spain but Italy's numbers are not even in yet. CFR is creeping up! Now at 14%.

www.worldometers.info...

link   
Adding allergies to symptom screening and checks.

Don’t freak out if you start getting expected seasonal symptoms, I would still isolate though.

Stay safe.

link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Looks just like New England, CT shut down, go to drive into work today at 6 in the morning. Normal traffic, minus the school bus traffic. I thought the reporter was joking last night when she asked the governor if the closure was actually going to make a difference because everything is basically still open. We had 6 accidents this morning! 6! There should be zero, stay home people!

Glad politicians are worried about reelection instead of lives, strange that term limits would solve that priority problem.

CT still busy, people still everywhere, still no paper products in the stores. They are loaded with Easter stuff though so that’s not bad. Also great that we got one of the last Nintendo Switch units in state so my wife doesn’t go insane. We’ve been doing takeout to maintain our stash too, prices are slashed and it’s easy.

Thanks for the Updates TheAMEDDDoc.
Keep them coming when you can, and Stay Safe.

You might want to check out this BBC Page which has some info on an Emergency Ventilator that the patient can use themselves, and a 'crook' handle for opening doors without hands, that can be 3D printed.

Could be useful in your domain, you never know

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Edit : Just seen your link

edit on 24-3-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: seen link in reply.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Sorry all been away for a little bit. Pardon me if this has been posted. I was reading somewhere yesterday where the Dems proposed a new stimulus package that included something along the lines of a digital dollar and a digital wallet.... Wondering if anyone else has heard mention of this. I'm not having any luck finding the link right now.

Found a forbes article.

forbes

Sounds like any attempt to create the foundations of what could some day become the government bank, and unless you meet the requirements of the government, you won't be able to buy or sell. Fun times we live in.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Olympics postponed.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he and the head of the International Olympic Committee have agreed to the idea of delaying the Tokyo Olympics by about one year.

Abe was speaking to reporters on Tuesday after a phone call with IOC President Thomas Bach on postponing the Games amid growing concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

www.news.com.au... 289d8

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Update from the Netherlands 24/03/2020 @ 14:09 (GMT +1):

Total cases 5560 (+811 since yesterday)

Total dead 276 (+63 since yesterday)

Age group 55 - 97

The numbers they publish are not correct and are way higher.

Source:
www.rivm.nl...

PDF:
www.rivm.nl...

The Netherlands is on a soft lockdown. Our PM Rutte called it a intelligent lockdown. Whatever that means. Meanwhile the sun is shining, people are going out with there kids to beaches, parks and stuff. These people who are still outside flocking together are causing the next step a FULL lockdown.

Stay safe.

T
edit on 24 3 2020 by Toinski because: Added text.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DankyDSmythe

Am I nuts or is the CFR gone up dramatically? Currently at 13%. I swear it was at 8% or 9% on Friday.

On a good note, we've eclipsed 100K recovered.

www.worldometers.info...

It's because the numbers of deaths from Italy and Spain are increasing rapidly - between them they're adding over a 1000 per day, which is skewing the number for the CFR (people are dying faster than they are recovering).

I'll give you Spain but Italy's numbers are not even in yet. CFR is creeping up! Now at 14%.

www.worldometers.info...

Worldometers adds that calculation for whatever reason but it's not the way the WHO or virologists calculate the CFR. Go to this link and they calculate it for you. It's number of deaths divided by number of cases. It's not a perfect method but it works if you use the same math for every country to at least give an estimated idea. It can't' really be accurate until the virus has been around a while but these numbers give us at least an idea of how much of a killer it is

link here: bnonews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Thank you for the stats. I have been sending them to my best friend to give her an idea of what's really going on here.

Update: My local news reporting that my county, Collin County, Tx is about to go on lockdown.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

About 10 years ago I had a VERY bad case of Bell's Palsy. The first symptom was twitching under my eye for a day or two....then I had a pain behind my ear...like wearing a pair of sunglasses you weren't used to that pressed on the top. The next was a loss of taste/metallic taste on the left side of my mouth/tongue. That was at dinner and it was quite strange to experience. By the next day at lunch I had lost 100% function of the left side of my face. The cause of Bell's is not known but it is thought to be a symptom of a virus...such as the herpes virus. So, I could totally believe it. Before the physical symptoms started we had been on vacation at a water park and the day we left I vomited out of nowhere.....so I'm betting on a virus.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I expect the CFR to come down eventually. Don't like how the unresolved (open) cases are treated as resolved though. Doesn't make sense to me. It's either resolved and done with or not.

Appreciate the link.

Plus, I'll trust www.worldometers.info... over the WHO at this point.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello all my friends on ATS
Tonight I want to share something with you. First I posted about when ever the broadcast of the Olympics to be postpone or cancel, then we'll see some very quick figures about what is really happening in Tokyo and its surrounding areas. Chiba is near Tokyo and that is where Disneyland is. I know a person who lives in Chiba and says like every 10 minutes an ambulance is going by. That should tell you what the news and news papers are hiding.
What I'm leading up to you is MIM's street talk, and quite frankly I think so far much of it has panned out. The only thing that maybe hasn't happen yet is that the old farmers haven't brought out their samurai swords. But on a serious note tonight, I'd like all of you to book mark this thread. Why ? It's probably going to see a lot of tears on your keyboard in a short while. We truly all have been misled either intentionally or ? The wait and see 15 day period I always felt it was a joke, reason why is that I started to see a link on the Diamond Princess with time is not on our side.
It truly is about up to 42 days to see an explosive cases just come out of thin air. New York city is only one example.
This is my street talk... I'm going to say it again, once the Olympics thing comes to an "end" , this will be about the 30 day ending period of the silent asymtomatic (sp) spread of the "concentrated " populated areas ( I'll just stick with Tokyo ). So now the 30 day is up and guess what, yep the Olympics is postpone. So now we have 12 days to unfortunately looking to see the city of Tokyo and many other large cities here go into "crises mode". Already tonight the mayor of Tokyo said, if we have to, we'll go on a lock down. That is the first time I heard such a thing here. They all know what is going to take place. It's what I call "stage 2 panic". Japanese people are fairly calm, but Tokyo has a few people in it that are not Japanese. So we will be , starting tomorrow, see what I've been calling street talk about a major crises to hit, and I mean hit hard , just like New York.

My update : March 24 Tuesday 11:00 pm Tokyo, Japan

According to local governments and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, etc., a total of 59 infections were announced in 15 local governments, including 17 so far confirmed in Tokyo so far on the 24th. As of 8:40 pm, there were 1,199 people confirmed to be infected in Japan, including those returning home on charter aircraft.

In addition, the cruise ship has 712 passengers and crew, a total of 1911.

A total of 52 people have died, including 42 infected people and 10 cruise ship passengers.

Out of 1199 people infected in Japan, travelers and returnees from China, Europe, etc.

171 in Tokyo ( Tokyo now over Hokkaido, but that's to be expected, plan on seeing this figure jump to an unknown belief ) 163 in Hokkaido,
148 in Aichi, 148 in
Osaka 142 people
118 people in Hyogo prefecture
82 people in Kanagawa prefecture
58 people in Saitama prefecture
48 people in Chiba prefecture ( this one that really concerns me )
28 people in Niigata prefecture
25 people in Kyoto prefecture
23 people in Oita prefecture 23 people in
Wakayama prefecture
12 in Kochi
13 in Gunma
10 in Ibaraki
9 in Gifu
9 in Mie
9 in Nara
8 in Ishikawa
7 in Kumamoto
Tochigi There are 6 prefectures
6 people in Fukuoka prefecture ( Fukuoka can be a real cluster city, look for this city to have a big increase )
5 people in Shiga prefecture 5 people in
Okinawa (actually its 6 known cases , but one case came in from another part of Japan)
4 people in Nagano 4 people in
Yamaguchi
3 people in Shizuoka
3 people in Hiroshima 3 people in
Ehime 3 people 3 people in
Miyazaki prefecture
2 people in Aomori prefecture 2 people in
Akita prefecture 2 people in
Fukushima prefecture
2 in Yamanashi
1 in Miyagi
1 in Fukui
1 in Okayama
1 in Tokushima
1 in Kagawa 1 in
Saga
1 in Nagasaki
China 14 people returned to Japan by charter aircraft from the
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, 28 people including those confirmed to be infected by airport quarantine.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Sorry all been away for a little bit. Pardon me if this has been posted. I was reading somewhere yesterday where the Dems proposed a new stimulus package that included something along the lines of a digital dollar and a digital wallet.... Wondering if anyone else has heard mention of this. I'm not having any luck finding the link right now.

Found a forbes article.

forbes

That'll go over about as well as the Iowa caucus!
I'm sure they could have something like that ready in say.... a week or two.

edit on 24-3-2020 by JourneyAbout because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't know why Fox news keeps showing Texas in lockdown. We're not. Just certain counties are. Governor Abbott is dragging his feet on putting the entire state in "shelter-in-place".

Fox needs to remove us, as it's confusing us residents.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I don't know why Fox news keeps showing Texas in lockdown. We're not. Just certain counties are. Governor Abbott is dragging his feet on putting the entire state in "shelter-in-place".

Fox not airing accurate content? Imagine that.

Hint: this isn't an isolated event.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

More counties will be announced today. TX is going to be in bad shape. My BF in Houston said yesterday one testing facility had 40 positives that day (must mean confirmed by cdc that day) and I've read nurse accounts who say they've seen deaths that aren't being counted. We don't have enough tests. The numbers have not been moving so something is going on for sure. Still surprised Dallas has more cases than Harris county..... but since the numbers aren't even close to right who knows.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I'm in Collin County and we will go on lockdown today. Just waiting for the official announcement.

I agree it's going to get bad. They tested the man who was found dead in his home and it was positive. I wonder how many people he unknowingly infected.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Tarrant County ( Ft.Worth) Texas gets shelter in place order. For those not familar, Tarrant and Dallas counties are the two biggies in the D/FW metroplex area. There are more counties surrounding but these two likely mean the other smaller ones will follow very soon.

www.star-telegram.com...
edit on 24-3-2020 by schmae because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
UK's first lot of numbers are in. 85 new cases and 2 new deaths.

Worldometers

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

CT still busy, people still everywhere, still no paper products in the stores. They are loaded with Easter stuff though so that’s not bad.

Haa... I suggested to the local supermarket to use the empty TP shelves for Easter eggs....... and that's exactly what they did the next day!

Schools still open here in Queensland, no recorded transmission from child to child......?
Such a picky little virus isn't it

Hairdressers still okay too.... but no longer than 30 minutes per customer.....?
Must be a very slow moving virus, even with all those little legs.

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join