It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 5

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
As MiM would say: "Street-Talk here"

Take it for what you will as I won't name names or places. Our neighbors a few doors down both work at one of the trauma hospitals in the area. (We've known these people for almost seven years now, so no reason not to believe what they've told us.) Their hospital is "a # show" as it was explained to us. (It's never been a place you would purposefully choose, but it is what it is.) Anyway, 5 people are said to have died at their facility already (Not sure if it's been counted in the official numbers); all ventilators already in use; staff are severely lacking PPE supplies and someone just broke into their storage container taking the majority their remaining supplies.

I fear for them both as they are being exposed everyday and have several children to come home to.

The cat is WAY out of the bag people. We're all pretty much just along for the ride at this point. PLEASE, stay home and minimize any exposure you can. Be safe!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

JTA) — Fans of Scarlett Johansson will have to wait a little longer starring in “Black Widow.” Read More Related Articles Will coronavirus bring more peace in Middle East this year? – analysis How Iran is responding to the coronavirus outbreak Surgeon Says You Can Now 'Look Younger' Just By Doing This (Beverly Hills MD) Recommended by The film, which was scheduled to be released on May 1, has been delayed indefinitely because of the coronavirus, Deadline Hollywood reported. In addition to most movie theaters being closed, the pandemic also prevents the stars from traveling throughout the country for movie premieres and interviews. Some films will go directly to streaming, according to reports.

Release of ‘Black Widow’ delayed because of coronavirus
edit on 23-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
NC Update - 410 cases, 0 deaths. +139 in the last day. 10 in my county. Schools now closed until May 15. The governor has now closed all barbershops, nail/beauty salons, gyms, roller rinks, video parlors, massage parlors

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Arrrrg my important posts always ALWAYS end up on the bottom! Anyone else hate that?

Oh well. Here's Colorado for ya -

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A reply to: Liquesence

CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left

If that's true, then no wonder we saw all those videos of trucks "fogging" the streets in Wuhan et al.
edit on 3/23/20 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/23/20 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
West Virginia numbers updated in the last hour. 4 new positives bringing total to 20 with 610 total
negatives.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Same around here in Canada Liquor store and Pot shop up ... you need to keep the herd calm !

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
a reply to: elitegamer23

Looks like a ghost town.

Sadly that’s probably a good term to use .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
www.theepochtimes.com...

Q drop? 21 million dead in china? How many close in this timespan normally? Read

edit on 23-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: surfinguru

Can you say at least what state you are in?? Very curious. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: Wookiep

Same around here in Canada Liquor store and Pot shop up ... you need to keep the herd calm !

I think besides the fact that these would be the first stores to be broken into some people need medical mj and most of us would like these items to be available.

edit on 23-3-2020 by alphacenturi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hello ATS members
I've been mentioning "Please do not come to Japan". I know thousands of people come here during the cherry blossom time. Unfortunately the Japanese people are not taking the "don't visit the sights". I've been saying this (book mark this link ), once the Olympic news of cancellation breaks loose. Well, guess what. We will just out of thin air see what is going on in New York. Like wow! How could it happen over night. The figures given daily are not really true in the since that testing seems to be going on for a selected few. (won't go into details since that few include a list of many).

This is our update from the US Embassy in Tokyo March 23, 2020 Monday

Event:

Japan’s Enhanced Screening and Quarantine Measures for Travelers from the United States: The government of Japan has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Effective March 26, all travelers arriving from the United States, including Japanese citizens, will be asked to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days at a designated facility, and to avoid using any public transportation until after the 14-day period. The self-quarantine location may be your residence if you live in Japan or a hotel, but the Japanese government reserves the right to “designate” the location of your self-quarantine. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Japan National Tourism Organization for additional information on these measures.

Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel: The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.

CDC Travel Notice for Japan: On March 21, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Warning (Avoid Nonessential Travel) for COVID-19 in Japan.

COVID-19 Update for U.S. Embassy Personnel: The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo advised its personnel on March 23 that in light of the new guidelines issued by the Government of Japan concerning people arriving from the United States, all Mission personnel and family members arriving in Japan from the United States as of March 23 must self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo and other Mission facilities throughout Japan remain open and staffed.

Unfortunately many people think "wow, I'm going Japan because if I get sick there, I get to go to the hospital. That only view on YouTube about the girl that was positive from the Diamond Princess, well she gave a nice interview about how well she was/is being treated. I always felt that was a very BIG mistake of her. Do any of you Americans know what happened to her? I sure don't. Here, its the saying for "some" people coming in with the ambulance... hospital has no beds or we don't treat that type of patient. In other words... you may not be welcome and as far as I know, there is no law that says they really have to accept you, let alone treat you. Many of you think Japan is like America, NO IT IS NOT, in my opinion it is more structured like China, no exactly though, but you don't want to come here and find out.
If you show a high temperature at ports of entry, you can and possibly be sent back immediately to where you came from. The news on this is very secret, even I don't know, but in the beginning there was conversation about strict quarantining people of such. Don't take a chance and come here.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There is a new symptom coming out that 2 out 3 people have - a loss of sense of smell and taste.

Though this virus doesn't cause a runny nose it sill leads to a loss of sense of smell.

Which means it either causes nerve damage in the nose or some type of neurological damage.

What's strange is that zinc can also damage nerves in the nose but zinc actually cures this virus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
There is a new symptom coming out that 2 out 3 people have - a loss of sense of smell and taste.

Though this virus doesn't cause a runny nose it sill leads to a loss of sense of smell.

Which means it either causes nerve damage in the nose or some type of neurological damage.

What's strange is that zinc can also damage nerves in the nose but zinc actually cures this virus.

It's been documented about 2 or 3 weeks ago that it affects 2 places in the brain. I posted the link. But I'd have to go through a lot of my post to find it.
Just google on chrome (corona virus and the brain ) some research papers might show up
edit on 0300000019402020-03-23T21:40:19-05:00401903pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I will let the link speak for itself. The last time I posted my thoughts they were removed, and I got warnings.

www.cnn.com... irus-texas-social-distancing-guidelines/index.html

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Call this post Getting Tested in Arkansas ETA: Trying to get tested in Arkansas

So 3/10 both myself and a guy I work closely with come down with a little something. For me it never progresses beyond a head cold and I'm better in a few days but this is his experience.

As I'm getting better he gets worse; by that weekend he has body aches, fever, chills, cough, all the symptoms. His fever is peaking at 100.5 so that following Monday, 3/16, he goes to his GP. They test him for Flu, strep, and bronchitis and all come back negative. Diagnose him as having multiple bacterial infection sites and send him home with scripts for antibiotics.

A week later and he's still running a fever so he drives to Little Rock, about an hour away, where our nearest drive-thru testing is set up. After waiting in line for about an hour and answering all the questions, the doctor tells him that since his fever never hit the 101.5 mark he doesn't qualify for testing. That being said, she wants to test him and so leaves to talk to her supervisor. Comes back and no test. But get this. She tells him that based on his symptoms, she believes he has it and that he should continue his quarantine.

What does it take to get tested?! $#%#ing ridiculous!
edit on 23-3-2020 by BPilgrim because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2020 by BPilgrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I got an error with your link.....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

I've read this type of story over and over again. So many people who likely have it, but don't have a high enough fever. Some people show NO symptoms. It stands to reason that some people will have a lesser fever BUT CAN STILL INFECT OTHERS!!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BPilgrim

Go to the hospital and start coughing like hell. Start stumbling around like your drunk. And get tested.

Same here in this country. Our numbers are based on hospital visits and first you have to go to a clinic for a letter of referral .

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Don't worry The President has fast tracked the production of Chloroquine and will start distributing in New York Tomorrow. I
think he wouldn't do this as it would be political suicide if it failed.

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join