It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Predictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We are still early enough in this Pandemic to make some predictions here.

I'll be honest. I think this is going to hit the US pretty bad. I think we are going to see a lot of deaths.
There is going to be a ripple of shock and disbelief. I have a feeling Florida is going to get hit bad.
I think people will blame Trump.
I think there will be containment efforts as this hits bigger cities like Chicago, and more of New York. Some states might even
close their own borders.
I don't think it will help too much because I think this is already spreading. I think our medical facilities will be
overwhelmed to the point that we have never seen. I think we will still be talking about this a year later.

I honestly hope I am wrong.

What do you think will happen?
Let's keep it civil, don't harp on people just for what they believe, just give me your prediction.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

In 6 weeks we'll all look out from behind our piles of Charmin and feel rather silly.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My prediction:
I think the social disruption that will follow the panic will harm more in the end then the virus itself. It's a matter of weeks, maybe 2 months.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In 6 weeks we'll all look out from behind our piles of Charmin and feel rather silly.

Use the Charmin in place of tampons.
This is not gender specific.
It’s extra absorbent. Problem solved.

Do start now, and
dispose of properly.
This’ll help us all.

They cannot foresee feeling silly, not ever.
This is really all we have to draw from
to predict about the ‘outcome’.
It’s worse than certified fame-
irresponsible
Nothing to lose so why not try?

# 1074
edit on 11-3-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: Peter Grant jokes that Bonzo could just about single-handedly keep the Birmingham car dealers in business...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What do you think will happen?

Normally when their is an outbreak, the infected need to be quarantined to stop the spread. Once they die or survive which is normally quite fast - Virus is no longer an issue.

With this one however, due to the long incubation period, they cannot quarantine everyone or even tell who has it, no treatment either etc.
So this makes sense, to me anyways, seeing places like Italy effectively sending people home to die or survive then cleaning up afterwards. It is actually the right thing to do (humanity of it aside) and in a few weeks things can return to normal.

Its the panic from the public that is the problem and damage to business' among other things.

If everyone will put up with a mandatory quarantine (self isolated to their homes) we should be fine in the end. However, I seriously doubt people will just accept this so, basically have to totally predict this happening instead...

On a serious note - this video explains it better than I can and is aging rather well when you look at the creation date (Nov 2019) - he even mentions anything with an incubation period of 2 weeks or more will cause problems...

edit on 11-3-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

6 weeks of using Charmin!! Damn, your a** will be red raw using that stuff for 6 weeks!

Andrex all the way!
edit on 11-3-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
My prediction is the elderly in bad health won't fare to well and will account for around 70-80 percent of the total deaths in the end, just like the flu. I also predict most will be calling it the flu by next year because let's face it, it's just like the flu.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This virus tool will kill more people than births over the next few years and maybe a lot more thus beginning the depop process by eliminating the old and weak!

Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Right now it's just the news media acting like a kid with a new toy. I wouldnt worry much until we get to autumn this year, that's when $#!t will hit the fan if its gonna.

The media just wants to make people panic and do something stupid so they can make even more people panic and do stupid.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I predict that there are a lot of unprepared people.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

Use the Charmin in place of tampons.
This is not gender specific.
It’s extra absorbent. Problem solved.

# 1074

I knew my tampon hording would come in handy.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The social manipulation carried out by politicians through the media sh be social networks will be far more destructive than the actual illness.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What worries me is that there's a little over 120,000 cases WORLDWIDE, but the entire world is going crazy over it. I don't believe the numbers being given from any country are accurate at this point. I am willing to bet this virus has actually been spreading across the globe WAY before China made any announcements.

I agree with JAGStorm, this is going to get a lot worse in the next couple of months. I think that this virus is going to continue to mutate and re-infect people that have "recovered". I think we are all going to lose many older/elderly loved ones before this is over.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The CDC said a vacation for the general public will be available in 15 to 18 months. Our only real hope is that it will burn out in warmer weather. Until then I plan to take my multivitamin every day and try to get as much fresh air and sunshine as weather permits.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I point you to book: Matthew 24 ->

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mat 24:8
All these are the beginning of sorrow...

COVID19 is the 4th coronavirus CLADE with a disease attached to it to be unleashed upon mankind
HIV, SARS, MERS now COVID19 are the list of 'pestilences' which will be unleashed in this pre-trib era of 'Sorrows'

to the student of prophecy, the book of Revelation (chapters 12:3 & 13:1) explains there are 7+10=17 Crowns to contend with---> If the Coronavirus is interpreted as being 'Crown-virus'

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

more like we will be searching through the mountains of TP for the bodies of everyone who starved to death because they spent everything they had on TP and didn't realize that it cannot be eaten.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I predict someone will post a discussion where members will argue over which toilet paper is the best: for sneezing, for wiping, for blowing, for cleaning, for spider wrangling etc.

edit on 11-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Back in 2000 there was a panic over something computer related that was supposed to be the end of life as we know it....never understood the whole thing, but living out of town I didn't want to get stuck home without TP.
I went to Costco and ended up buying a whole case of John Wayne toilet paper- those huge industrial roles. I stashed them in my garage for whatever/whenever doomsday comes my way. It's like a security blanket, and it makes me feel quite safe.

My only concern over Covid 19 at this point is who to will my decades old stash of TP to if I get the bug.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A minimum of research on the Spanish Flu will tell you that a lot of people, both well known and not so well known denied it was anything to be concerned about early on. They were wrong.

At the moment, I tend to think this is no where near the menace the Spanish Flu was, so I think it will die just as fast as it started up before it reaches "biblical" proportions, but all it takes is one little mutation for things to get really nasty, so who really knows.

I think it's a game of wait and see right now. I'm not willing to take bets either way.

edit on 3/11/2020 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, it's a fact calm people stay healthier and worry does nothing but break down the immune system.

So, disinfect all the public surfaces you have contact with as a civic duty and be especially kind to everyone... and if you're a terminal a-hole or chicken little, stay home and fume quietly.

Really, people have come through far, far worse as long as they simply keep some perspective and community.

Let's root for a Y2K repeat. I have enough TP for a week's worth of shady Mexican cuisine. Bring it on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join