It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Now Officially A Pandemic

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not really a surprise really. We have seen this coming since January. We now have an officially declared Pandemic.

Hopefully people will start taking this seriously.

www.npr.org...

The COVID-19 viral disease that has swept into at least 114 countries and killed more than 4,000 people is now officially a pandemic, the World Health Organization announced Wednesday.

"This is the first pandemic caused by coronavirus," WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared at a briefing in Geneva.

Even as he raised the health emergency to its highest level, Tedros said hope remains that COVID-19 can be curtailed. And he urged countries to take action now to stop the disease.

"In the past two weeks, the number of cases of COVID-19 outside China has increased 13-fold, and the number of affected countries has tripled,"

edit on 11-3-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Which virus , over the last 20+ years , hasn't been declared a pandemic ?
And they all were serious.

edit on 3/11/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/11/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Welp, that was unsurprising. Better go buy all the toilet paper now. (just kidding)

On a serious note, just keep washing your hands, try not to touch your face, and don't panic. Readiness and preparation is fine, panic just ruins everything.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It was a pandemic before those flakes called it one lol.

It rapidly spread across most of the globe and isn't endemic to anywhere.

This whole thing confirmed for me what I already suspected. WHO is a political group. These are the idiots that said banning travel from China was overreacting.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
cant wait to see the knifings and shootings over toilet paper and bottled water now.

*sighs* the stupid has just begun.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And now I'm hearing 'its' only just begun'.

Things like, 'This is going to rock the area worse than an earthquake - like a devastating viral earthquake' (whatever that means).

And 'This virus is 20 x more lethal (and catchy) than the flu.'

So what happened between yesterday and today that all changed the mind of all the authorities 'in the know'???

Stay well all.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thats it. Im quiting my job, robbing a bank, torching my house and disappearing into the mountains. With all the toilet paper i can carry.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

"At the end of the world, its good to know everyone can wipe their ass."
-Bluejacket

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Pandemic bonds WHO loses???

So this is a February article did the investors lose or did WHO hold off long enough to pay out the millions

"Investors holding the World Bank's pandemic bonds stand to either reap massive profits or lose hundreds of millions of dollars, depending on the coronavirus outbreak's lethality."

Seems that they lost --
Scheduled Maturity Date:
Class A
July 15, 2020 extendable monthly in whole or in part, up to a maximum of 12 months following the Scheduled Maturity Date
Class B
July 15, 2020 extendable monthly in whole or in part, up to a maximum of 12 months following the Scheduled Maturity Date

Will the weasel out of paying?
edit on 11-3-2020 by puzzled2 because: find out maturity date.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"In the past two weeks, the number of cases of COVID-19 outside China has increased 13-fold, and the number of affected countries has tripled,"

That math is no joke.
..or is it?.

Worse than a used car salesman's closing docs.

Added...I laugh because I can't catch it, this is my ghost typing, I already died from the Ebola.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Isn't regular flu ALSO a global pandemic?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We went shopping today and got some good stuff for pandemics. two half gallons of Ice cream and some Hersheys syrup.

If you are going to have to avoid going out, you need ice cream to appease you. You need hot chocolate too. I also bought two eight packs of reeses peanut butter cups. We bought more flour and butter and chocolate chunks to make cookies out of.

If you are going to be stuck at home, might as well make some cookies.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well damn, that sounds good. And i got is this truckload of crapper paper.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: rickymouse

Well damn, that sounds good. And i got is this truckload of crapper paper.

My wife is lactose intolerant, ice cream necessitates the need for more toilet paper. It is a viscious cycle, we might actually need to go shop for some extra TP

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Isn't regular flu ALSO a global pandemic?

Normal seasonal flu is more an epidemic of varying severity year to year. The definitions are somewhat loose. In some tropical regions flu is endemic and isn't seasonal, more temperate regions it's a seasonal epidemic. If one were just looking at the US then Coronvirus could still potentially be considered an epidemic since there are still identifiable clusters (or were up until recently), but that's rapidly changing and when you consider the rest of the globe it's a pandemic.
edit on 3/11/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's not a Pandemic. The Bubonic Plague and Spanish Flu were Pandemics. The deaths are NOWHERE near that level.
It would take millions dying to get in that league.

People need to calm down and just accept that those that are already sick from something else and elderly are at a higher risk of dying. Everyone else NO. You are not at a high risk of dying. If you are fat and disgusting and eat garbage then yes, you should be concerned but if it takes this thing to make you concerned then maybe you need to die because you obviously do not care about your health regardless.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A month late, as usual. I wonder if they're a month late when their very own lives are being threatened.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's not a Pandemic. The Bubonic Plague and Spanish Flu were Pandemics. The deaths are NOWHERE near that level.
It would take millions dying to get in that league.

People need to calm down and just accept that those that are already sick from something else and elderly are at a higher risk of dying. Everyone else NO. You are not at a high risk of dying. If you are fat and disgusting and eat garbage then yes, you should be concerned but if it takes this thing to make you concerned then maybe you need to die because you obviously do not care about your health regardless.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Current List of WHO Pandemics:

Chikungunya
Cholera
Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever
Ebola virus disease
Hendra virus infection
Influenza (pandemic, seasonal, zoonotic)
Lassa fever
Marburg virus disease
Meningitis
MERS-CoV
Monkeypox
Nipah virus infection
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Plague
Rift Valley fever
SARS
Smallpox
Tularaemia