It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneeze causes plane to divert

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.tmj4.com... MkzYe8EvlSqrKdny36KnGbflYA

Officials said a group of people became disruptive because a neighboring passenger was coughing and sneezing on Sunday's flight from Eagle County, Colorado, to Newark International Airport.

This is going to be the new normal for a while. If you cough or sneeze people will look at you like the cooties game in first grade.
Allergy season is right around the corner. People are going to be coughing, sneezing and looking ill. Paranoid people are going to freak out. Some people that aren't usually paranoid will probably give the side eye.

BUT.......... A plane diverting? Get ready for a wild ride, things are going to get crazy.
edit on 11-3-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Did you just cough on me

Thank god I drive. Now all I got to do is learn to fly and swim and I will be safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'm waiting for someone to call the police because someone near them coughed without covering their mouth. Smart move to divert though. The last thing you want on a commuter flight is a fight at cruising altitude.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I lose a little more faith in humanity daily.

At this point, I'm running a deficit.
:
edit on 2020 3 11 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This is proof that we have become a nation of damned sissies and candy-asses.

Whatever happened to the "rugged individual"?

Whatever happened to the brave, fearless American spirit?

We now hide behind our forts of 2-ply, huddled in our homes and pissing ourselves whenever anyone sneezes.

I am getting really disgusted by the pearl-clutching idiots with urine-soaked skinny jeans wearing masks like it's a damned force field against the evil China-flu.

Grow the #### up, buy some testicles, drink a bourbon without ice, and get on with your life!

*sigh*

Bunch of damned Mary's in our country!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'm waiting for someone to call the police because someone near them coughed without covering their mouth. Smart move to divert though. The last thing you want on a commuter flight is a fight at cruising altitude.

globalnews.ca...

Andy Park, an Australian Broadcasting Corporation journalist, caught the tense moment on camera when a woman’s cough sent her and an angry passenger spiralling into a heated argument.

I don't think they called the cops but it's going to happen soon

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You can't lose what you don't have.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Who the hell in their right mind is voluntarily boarding a plane???

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UFO1414
Who the hell in their right mind is voluntarily boarding a plane???

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UFO1414

Contrary to popular belief, unless you're within about 10 feet of someone that is sick, your chances of catching anything are somewhere less than 5%.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This is proof that we have become a nation of damned sissies and candy-asses.

They died from Cholera and are buried all over the west.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sneeze causes plane to divert

Was it Auggie??

Link
edit on 11-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Me. Cuz I aint no spineless pansy running scared of my shadow. Not aimed at you personally...just saying.

.a reply to: UFO1414

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Whatever happened to the brave, fearless American spirit?

Knowledge killed the "rugged individual" and what you refer to as the "brave, fearless American spirit". Knowledge of health, cleanliness, and most importantly, how disgusting humans can still be even regarding this knowledge.

Now yes, some people are taking this stuff to the extreme to the point where hypochondriacs actually exist. I used to date one when I was younger, and her friend was even worse than her. Soooooo bad that if she ate a french fry, she had to literally throw away the piece that her fingers touched because it wasn't clean anymore.

With that said, though, knowing what we know about germs and what I also know about people, yeah, it's completely understandable that people prefer to err on the side of caution rather than be "rugged" and "brave". People are disgusting. I've worked a lot of retail in my life and I've cleaned up a lot of messes. I've seen people at a Best Buy I worked at pick their nose then start typing away on our keyboards. I've seen people pick their nose, look around, then wipe it on their clothes as if nobody saw it. My wife used to work at a clothing retailer and saw many times that women wouldn't flush the toilets after taking a dump. What really grossed her out is that she didn't see any TP in the toilet, and with how slow the shop was on a regular basis, she had a fairly good idea of who it was as well. Now imagine those people trying on all of those clothes after not wiping their ass, and I'm pretty certain they didn't even was their hands. Hell, at the bank I work at this lady came in, coughing in her hand, then hands me her ID and asks for her balance.

So, yeah, I'd rather be cautious than "rugged". I'm not wearing masks or anything, but I do avoid gross people, which is kinda hard in a small town, because most people here are gross. The things found in our retail stores.......ugh.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No no no, they are woke now. That's a bigger problem than this new flu bug imo. What does it really matter if someone dies at 60 or 90 really? We are just a blink of an eye to eternity. Nothing we do matters in the long run.
edit on 11-3-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I lose a little more faith in humanity daily.

At this point, I'm running a deficit.
:

I'm with you! Only I have NO faith in humanity at this point!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Knowledge killed the "rugged individual" and what you refer to as the "brave, fearless American spirit".

Naw....
All these young'uns that still rely on their mom to wipe their noses and _____ can't handle life whatsoever.

edit on 3/11/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Last decade, Snowflakes. This decade, Hysteria....

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Man, one of my better bits too. I miss doing inspirational characters.

What I suggest is...that you get a couple wash rags, soak them in kerosene and tie them to your ankles real tight. So the ants don’t crawl up your legs and eat your candy ass.”

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

They sell allergy medication. No one with allergies should be alerting.
If you're gonna fly take meds.
If you're sick don't get on a plane.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join