It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and Reply capability down for Corona Virus Thread 4?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I just realized that I haven't received any notifications from BNO Newsroom either since about the same time Part 4 stopped working. Approx. 9H ago. Weird. My phone usually has several notifications from them from overnight.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As of right now, it appears the closing was a hiccup, and unintentional. I've reopened the thread, barring someone coming along with more information. Go ahead and start posting again.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you, Zaphod!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
Good Ol uncle Chop Chop broke the internet

Like uncle chop chop used to say, "Get those bloody stars off."

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

originally posted by: Rich Z
Well heck, just go ahead and start the new "Corona Virus Updates Part 5". Version 4 is about to the point where it will get closed down pretty soon anyway.

You're wrong.

Can still fit another 200 odd pages on that thread!

It's not a matter of "fitting" Most message board systems can have threads as long as there is enough disk space on the server to hold all the posts. Most admins don't let threads get abnormally long because the way most message boards are designed, when someone reads a thread, the entire thread gets buffered. Multiply that by the number of people reading such a thread, and you can see where that would become a strain on server resources.

But for the sake of argument, thread #1 was closed at 278 pages, thread #2 was closed at 362 pages, thread #3 was closed at 371 pages, and when we found thread number 4 locked it was at 287 pages. So it definitely appears that the closing was at the discretion of a moderator, not a hard limit.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

You're both right actually. We have a limit that we don't allow threads to cross, but there's discretion in closing early, and a number of reasons that might happen.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join