It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a recruiter just contacted me for :O Coronavirus Laundry??!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
24 years ago I did contract work through a temp agency between jobs. It was a help desk/ call center job, but it paid well $16 hr to start.
Shortly after I was able to get employment full time in my field IT. (btw we got to talk to a lot of famous people in that call center job, so that was cool)

You are not even going to believe this, but that temp agency just emailed me to see if I'd be interested in doing Hospital Laundry.. They fancied the wording, but it basically came down to hospital laundry!!

If I ever believed tshtf it is going to be now.
I have absolutely no desire to do that kind of work.
I do not live in that state
I have absolutely no background in manual labor.
I have literally not worked for that company in 24 YEARS! Some of you on here might not even be that old!

I seriously wonder if they just emailed everyone in their entire work history to try to throw it out because so many people are quitting.
I know if I worked Hospital laundry I'd be quitting right now too.

If they are calling upon OLD IT people to do laundry Lord Save us all!!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

unfortunately, desperate times call for desperate measures.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well that IS interesting. I think you nailed the reason for is. Must be mass quitting, if they would do something like that.

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Well that IS interesting. I think you nailed the reason for is. Must be mass quitting, if they would do something like that.

Interesting.

This is not here, but just imagine, maybe people like laundry people are already quitting

www.yourvalley.net...

The Latest: Hong Kong medical union warn of mass quitting

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I get emails fairly regularly from old recruiters and recruiting companies I worked with over a decade ago, looking to fill jobs that aren't even in the same field that I work in now. Same with the location and everything else, I wouldn't read that much into it, as it seems to be a fairly common practice.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I get emails fairly regularly from old recruiters and recruiting companies I worked with over a decade ago, looking to fill jobs that aren't even in the same field that I work in now. Same with the location and everything else, I wouldn't read that much into it, as it seems to be a fairly common practice.

I have not had an email from them in 24 years! Not a single email.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I know this is likely virus related, but it amazes me how sloppy companies are with their mailing lists. I still get mailigs for my former wife: Monthly catalogs from Viking Cruise Lines. medicare solicitations, political ads, advertisements of all sorts.

She never lived at my address, and she's been dead for 25 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh, I am sure that they will ensure you are provided with the proper protection... and if not and you get sick, hey you are already at the hospital!! On of my coworkers quit his printing job and went to work at the va hospital as an aide. He doubled his pay... I bet the pay will be real good if the risks increase!! But still, no thanks... if I am gonna get the virus, its gonna be by doing my own family's laundry... which, considering one is a plumber who tells me all kinds of horror stories of basements filled with sewage, is probably risky enough.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Oh, I am sure that they will ensure you are provided with the proper protection... and if not and you get sick, hey you are already at the hospital!! On of my coworkers quit his printing job and went to work at the va hospital as an aide. He doubled his pay... I bet the pay will be real good if the risks increase!! But still, no thanks... if I am gonna get the virus, its gonna be by doing my own family's laundry... which, considering one is a plumber who tells me all kinds of horror stories of basements filled with sewage, is probably risky enough.

If they are relying on people like me to do hospital laundry, we can pretty much kiss our butts goodbye!

My tolerance to gross things is -98
I'm one of those people that brings my own pillow to a 5* hotel.
I'm a germaphobe
Just the thought of other people's blood or bodily fluids makes me want to faint.

To those that do janitorial or that kind of work, my hat is off to you. I think you should get paid much much more than you do! Seriously, respect.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We have real evidence that this is going to be a tshtf event.

Walmart and other stores are selling out of toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, I guess I waited too long to order the hand sanitizer I wanted to buy.. they were out of stock. Oh well, guess soap will have to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, I guess I waited too long to order the hand sanitizer I wanted to buy.. they were out of stock. Oh well, guess soap will have to do.

Little secret, check in stores that people normally don't go to for that stuff. Office depot, Home depot etc.
Last time I went to Office Depot I found everything I couldn't find at regular stores. Yes they had hand sanitizer there!

PS. they still have them online too

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The last time I drove anywhere I about passed out on the way home and everything went very dark without warning. I've been just sitting at home ever since, ordering my groceries online from walmart and sending one of my sons to pick them up. I haven't been in any stores in quite awhile. Someday i might have some spare money in my pocket and someone to ride me to the doctors office and wait around for me. But dont think that is gonna happen anytime soon and I ain't gonna be driving anywhere till then. A doctors office probably isnt a good place to be at the present time anyways.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

How much were they willing to pay to get the job done?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

That might be the most hilarious part of the whole story $16!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, exactly what they paid me 24 years ago...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So what was the pay???

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Maybe they need someone to troubleshoot why the laundry isn't making it's way into the wash by itself and while we're at it, we can fix the dryer.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: highvein

That might be the most hilarious part of the whole story $16!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, exactly what they paid me 24 years ago...

lol. It sounds like nobody is wanting the job. That pay scale might rise dramatically in weeks and months to come.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I know this is likely virus related, but it amazes me how sloppy companies are with their mailing lists. I still get mailigs for my former wife: Monthly catalogs from Viking Cruise Lines. medicare solicitations, political ads, advertisements of all sorts.

She never lived at my address, and she's been dead for 25 years.

I got a playwright organization dues notice for a member of the family that owned my house at one point. She was born in 1889 and died in 1977. I guess they're expecting to get a sizeable check.

edit on 5-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

new topics

top topics

join