It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Global Civilization

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
'Fir Bolg' (men of bags)

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that ancient people saw the same images as we're seeing (guys who look like they're carrying a bag), and made their own mythology about it.

originally posted by: Byrd
[

Which brings the interesting question: what if the things at Gobekli Tepe are NOT containers... what if they're representations of caves, for instance, or ovens (and (totally made up by me, I assure you) link a legend of the great sky gods "baking" clay into the shapes of all living things))?

Ps- I’m not really one for getting info from thieving ‘bright insight’ YouTube vids, prefer to read articles and papers myself.

Agreed. It's very difficult to stop and fact check a video.

That's interesting that they might just be weights.

Do you think perhaps their warrior class had figured out weight lifting was a way to get stronger? And of course the warrior class tends to be where the nobility comes from (at least in war like nations.)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Harte is a threadkiller. Not a school teacher thumping her way across the room on the knuckles of her students. No. He’s the smug teacher’s pet who sits front and center with a koolaide mustache on his snarky face that just makes you want to punch him in the nose. He sits alone in the lunchroom because he has no friends.
I don’t bother with morons like him anymore, life is too short

originally posted by: bluesfreak

Give it a couple thousand years, for God's sake. You're complaining that a 10,000 year old culture didn't stay the same?

Ah, and here he is.... back with his customary rudeness to others.

Ha ha, this statement from a guy who doesn’t ‘believe ‘ AE tooling developed in 3,000 years.

In case you hadn’t noticed in your conspicuous absence, people respond to your points politely before you disappear at convenient times in the discussion, only to return like some 1950’s schoolteacher cracking heads as you march around the classroom.

Before anyone answers you again , I think we could all discuss your ‘belief system’ regarding the Inca appropriation of megalithic ruins, seeing as you refused to respond to the evidence presented to you by ‘fromtheskydown’ in
THE TRAVELS OF PEDRO DE CIEZA DE LEON. A.D. 1532-50 . First hand account from a man who MET the Inca.
You think you can simply flit in and out of the debate hoping others will forget
A) your rudeness
B) your ridicule of others beliefs even though you have your own ‘beliefs’
C) your convenient silences all the while pressuring others for answers.

What I suggest is that you shut yer cakehole for a bit until you’ve gone back in the thread and answered/respected the time others put in to answer you .

You’re not the Police here, just a pseudo-Academic, so button it unless you can be civil and respectful and use the forum as others do .
Why are YOU never reported, eh? I think there’s enough evidence on this website of your consistent rudeness and disrespect.

a reply to: Harte

edit on 29-4-2020 by FirePilotFilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePilotFilson
Harte is a threadkiller. Not a school teacher thumping her way across the room on the knuckles of her students. No. He’s the smug teacher’s pet who sits front and center with a koolaide mustache on his snarky face that just makes you want to punch him in the nose. He sits alone in the lunchroom because he has no friends.

originally posted by: bluesfreak

Give it a couple thousand years, for God's sake. You're complaining that a 10,000 year old culture didn't stay the same?

Ah, and here he is.... back with his customary rudeness to others.

Ha ha, this statement from a guy who doesn’t ‘believe ‘ AE tooling developed in 3,000 years.

In case you hadn’t noticed in your conspicuous absence, people respond to your points politely before you disappear at convenient times in the discussion, only to return like some 1950’s schoolteacher cracking heads as you march around the classroom.

Before anyone answers you again , I think we could all discuss your ‘belief system’ regarding the Inca appropriation of megalithic ruins, seeing as you refused to respond to the evidence presented to you by ‘fromtheskydown’ in
THE TRAVELS OF PEDRO DE CIEZA DE LEON. A.D. 1532-50 . First hand account from a man who MET the Inca.
You think you can simply flit in and out of the debate hoping others will forget
A) your rudeness
B) your ridicule of others beliefs even though you have your own ‘beliefs’
C) your convenient silences all the while pressuring others for answers.

What I suggest is that you shut yer cakehole for a bit until you’ve gone back in the thread and answered/respected the time others put in to answer you .

You’re not the Police here, just a pseudo-Academic, so button it unless you can be civil and respectful and use the forum as others do .
Why are YOU never reported, eh? I think there’s enough evidence on this website of your consistent rudeness and disrespect.

a reply to: Harte

Typical ad hominem "arguments" from people that can't think of anything else to say.
I note that no one addressed what I actually said.
How can you possibly wonder why I don't visit this site multiple times daily?

You have a particular belief you are wedded to, and you refuse to even consider anything else.
BTW, have you seen the video of an inside corner being carved into a granite block using a piece of flint?

Thought not.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Without Harte, there would be nobody to argue against and these threads would die by way of becoming a sermon that preaches only to its own choir.

originally posted by: Harte

You have a particular belief you are wedded to, and you refuse to even consider anything else.
BTW, have you seen the video of an inside corner being carved into a granite block using a piece of flint?

Thought not.

Harte

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it.

It might be possible, though. One material being softer than another doesn't mean it has zero effect on the other. It just means it takes a lot more work, and you destroy quite a lot of the softer material, to do only a little bit of cutting to the harder one.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In fairness, I should point out that Byrd adds balance to the discussion as well.

But he comes at it from a different angle, more about just making sure real academic findings are taken into account in whatever theory the thread is talking about.

We need something like 10 more of these guys. But it's more fun to be on the conspiracy side, so naturally people tend toward that instead.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
In fairness, I should point out that Byrd adds balance to the discussion as well.

But he comes at it from a different angle, more about just making sure real academic findings are taken into account in whatever theory the thread is talking about.

She actually

But it's more fun to be on the conspiracy side, so naturally people tend toward that instead.

Why? It's like the difference between watching people in a movie going up a mountain or climbing the mountain in person, one is real the other not so much.
edit on 1/5/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Without Harte, there would be nobody to argue against and these threads would die by way of becoming a sermon that preaches only to its own choir.

Thought not.

Harte

It might be possible, though. One material being softer than another doesn't mean it has zero effect on the other. It just means it takes a lot more work, and you destroy quite a lot of the softer material, to do only a little bit of cutting to the harder one.

Vid I mentioned

Harte

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Thought not.

Harte

Vid I mentioned

Harte

Good one added to the collection

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: one4all
If the Earths continents are brought back together then we don't have such a big deal.....what happens if we generate graphics of the continents together and all these sites mapped on that Super Continent....no mega sea travel and no big deal really.

Like this?

The problem with the idea that Pangea was due to the earth being smaller, and the spread-out continents due to the earth growing is that Pangea was not the only supercontinent that exist -- it's just the latest one.

Over the life of the Earth, there were at least seven different occasions that oscillated between all of the continents being pushed together as a supercontinent and those continents drifting apart.

So unless these people have a plausible theory that describes the earth growing, shrinking, then growing again multiple times, their idea of Pangea being what it was due to a shrunken Earth does not make sense.

Like many of these alternative ideas, it's an ad hoc explanation for one thing, but does not take into account the whole of the matter.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join