It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southbay Seattle Costco Sells Out Of Water, Toilet Paper As Fears Over Coronavirus Mount

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This reminds me of Hurrivac'ing in Florida. I remember peeps fighting over milk cuz one dude had 10 gallon jugs in his cart. Wtf you gonna do with that when the power is off?

Anyway....what is it with TP when a crisis hits? People all of a sudden get the runs or something? Must be city folk cuz country boys just cut up their drawers..or grab a handful of oak leaves. Or jump in the crick fer a swim.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Star for proper use of "crick."

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And star for knowing what a crick really IS. I learned it while is spent summers up the holler at my mamaw and papaws house in Eastern Ky.

a reply to: face23785

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

At an OHIO Costco yesterday. All those things were in stock.

Its those damn Canadians sneaking in to America and draining our Costco.. The BASTARDS!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Humans have not evolved over 50,000 years.

Well we have...lol

The guy standing there saying "no one panic" was eaten and so evolution did its thing.

edit on 1-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As a Buckeye (I could see THE Shoe from my crib at Riverside hospital in Cbus), I gotta rep my peeps. Sure...we got a crack problem, BUT we dont sweat nuthin except that team up north.

Go BUCKS

reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

hey, when i go to my gym, i bring my remote control, and turn off all the regular stations and for damn sure turn off newz crap. im diligent about it. i put on sports, cartoons, movie channels, and animal channels.

a few people noticed, and a few people agreed with me about the newz being poison.

if you start turning off the newz, and people see it, they will follow suit.

if you see the newz on somewhere, and you can change that channel, do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
This reminds me of Hurrivac'ing in Florida. I remember peeps fighting over milk cuz one dude had 10 gallon jugs in his cart. Wtf you gonna do with that when the power is off?

Anyway....what is it with TP when a crisis hits? People all of a sudden get the runs or something? Must be city folk cuz country boys just cut up their drawers..or grab a handful of oak leaves. Or jump in the crick fer a swim.

Hell we get worse here in metro Atlanta when the forecast calls the potential for 1/2 inch of snow...over an inch and it really is bonkers.

As for TP there is a reason in some cultures they dont shake with their right hands.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Waterglass

At an OHIO Costco yesterday. All those things were in stock.

Same here in rural PA.

So in Seattle, where a lot of people are listening to CNN and MSNBC, stocks are out.

Where I live, where people don't watch that garbage, everything seems fine at the stores.

With all due respect,

You are in rural Pa. That is not a large city that has just found out that there is a possible and suspected outbreak of the virus.

For you to down play the severity of the situation completely across the nation is disingenuous.

Is there not an uptick in cases, has the community not been exposed?

It is not about the media. It is about the possibility of some sort of quarantine or lockdown.

For you to simply blame this on the media is completely laughable, because of what is happening across the globe. After all the only comparable information we have is the happenings of China, South Korea, Japan, and Italy.

My area of the US is fine at the moment also. But like your area, my area and Seattle area, once the deaths and viruses are 50 miles from you doorstep, we will see your sentiment and the communities sentiment change.
edit on 1-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

hey, when i go to my gym, i bring my remote control, and turn off all the regular stations and for damn sure turn off newz crap. im diligent about it. i put on sports, cartoons, movie channels, and animal channels.

a few people noticed, and a few people agreed with me about the newz being poison.

if you start turning off the newz, and people see it, they will follow suit.

if you see the newz on somewhere, and you can change that channel, do it.

You are a hero.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What a strange coincidence that Kirkland, WA is in all the headlines for the nursing home outbreak. The same Kirkland that the Costco brand of toilet paper is named after being mentioned in many articles.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

News travels slow in the low information districts. Just like where I am in South Carolina outside of Columbia. Its considered borderline "rural" by the USPS.

That means they do indeed as humans eat road kill.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Your right. So you can launch an alternate OP tomorrow and mention Rhode Island also. I went to Yahoo News today. The entire web page is plastered with Coronavirus news.

Now I am beginning to wonder whether they will use this to get Trump as we have world class spinners in this Country.

Still not much of anything mentioned domestically in Russia on Coronavirus in Pravda, RT Today or Sputnik.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Very good thoughts and prayers. The thing to fear now is people.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't know why.

Hand sanitizer tastes awful.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I don't know why.

Lucky there hasn't been run on tide pods .

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If it’s this bad now it’s gone be really crazy once the naysayers get on board shopping. I did add Clorox to my list this week, not because I’m running out just yet but I will be in a month and I don’t want to be left without my Clorox. I added more TP, same reason. What are the paper towels for though?i I always have lots on hand but I’m wondering why they are in demand for COVID. Maybe I don’t have enough to last for my regular needs.

Hsve to say though, the cartloads people have coming out of Costco, isn’t it always like that there? It’s the place you go to get deals and you get carried away getting things you didn’t plan on.
edit on 1-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: chr0naut

I don't know why.

Lucky there hasn't been run on tide pods .

I know, right!

edit on 1/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

You can call me crazy but even the Master MODS on ATS cant stop this. When a persons emotions or raw fear take over its game over. Were getting there.

CIA needs to get its Bio agents involved now!

Here we go!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join