It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southbay Seattle Costco Sells Out Of Water, Toilet Paper As Fears Over Coronavirus Mount

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So it begins...................

Trump cant stop this!

Will Bill Gates and his Universal Vaccine Digital ID2020 save us all?

I wrote two weeks ago that I had my prescriptions filled and also bought over 100 rolls of toilet paper and 25 gallons of water. That's because I got the flu back on February 11, 2020 at 3:30AM and something smelled about the entire thing. Many of those in the "know" here poo poo the entire Coronavirus thing as an over reaction. So what do I say?

Trust Yourself.

Southbay Costco Sells Out Of Water, Toilet Paper As Fears Over Coronavirus Mount

Shoppers worried about coronavirus stock piling hand sanitizer, toilet paper

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Prepare now. That is all I can say.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Your headline is wrong.

It should say "thousands exposed to virus in attempt to ready themselves too late"

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Virus is honestly irrelevant at this point, as cases pop up in communities this will play out again and again and again.

I now strongly advise people to pick up whatever extra they can right now before it gets to their home town area, the longer you can put off needing govt assistance to survive the scare period the longer you can make decisions for yourself and your family.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is my biggest concern. It's not the virus, it's people buying up # that I need because of the overhyped fear of the virus by the media.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I do not consider myself a "prepper" but I use my judgement.

This a a movie trailer of the bridge and river that we have to cross daily. That's why we bought a canoe. Just in case.

A Quiet Place Part II Trailer #2 (2020)

All that we are buying will last and will not rot and we will use it. I will also pick up a case of beans and a case of bleach and bar soap. Simple stuff that will be used.

Years ago I bought a Solar Joos potable solar panel so I could charge our smart phones. I also bought a canoe; so as to escape from the island" if necessary. I still use it for fishing along with several rods and reels. We have two outdoor grills, one natural gas and one propane as a backup. I also have a Belson Outdoors Park grill for wood or charcoal. We own two bicycles. Great for exercise and transportation if necessary.

Other mundane stuff is a hand saw, axe, firewood, a hand crank radio, hammer and other hand tools.

My goal remains to get one solar panel or more to at least power up one freezer if the electricity ever goes off. I am looking at portable solar Power Inverters for an RV. Water can be boiled anywhere

Be prepared and "Better Safe Than Sorry"!

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well it is what it is. True, False or Indifferent. People run on fear, panic and emotion. Period

You or I cannot stop it.

Humans have not evolved over 50,000 years.

So will you just keep on telling yourself all is well? So what does the mirror say back to you as you will simply outsmart yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why tp and water it boogles my mind insane the same thing yesterday and I just dont get it

Do people think the water is getting shut off ... if it dose do they think the 10 cases of water they bought can cook a pot of beans every day for even a week

Lucky for them the water wont get shut off or when they for the first time in there life cook beans from scratch and find out it takes gallons of water that 10 cases of water will seem awfully small

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

At an OHIO Costco yesterday. All those things were in stock.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Like the president, I am doing my bit to help grow the economy by having my Costco delivered.

Freakin' savages.

Your headline is wrong.

It should say "thousands exposed to virus in attempt to ready themselves too late"

Indeed.

edit on 1-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

At an OHIO Costco yesterday. All those things were in stock.

Same here in rural PA.

So in Seattle, where a lot of people are listening to CNN and MSNBC, stocks are out.

Where I live, where people don't watch that garbage, everything seems fine at the stores.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I did walk across the street to my local King Soopers yesterday at about 5:30 am. The place was stocked floor to ceiling and they even had their cute little robot stockers/cleaners out doing their thing, which was fine until one started beeping at me for taking too long to find raw honey.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
I did walk across the street to my local King Soopers yesterday at about 5:30 am. The place was stocked floor to ceiling and they even had their cute little robot stockers/cleaners out doing their thing, which was fine until one started beeping at me for taking too long to find raw honey.

What sort of devilry?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Saw nobody wearing masks at my Costco...but it was funny...one family had a teenage kid coughing loudly throughout the store and everyone in the crowded store gave them a wide berth.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

That was my thought too! I think the one that hounded me was a cleaner of some kind. It made its way up one aisle and down another without any apparent operator, which was fine until it snuck up behind me and started beeping at me like a Devo record because I stopped too long in front of the honey display. I quickly grabbed a jar of honey and scampered off to pay for it -- at yet another robot.

I don't think it followed me but this morning I heard a loud beeping outside my bedroom window so I guess anything is possible.

On the upside, I was one of a handful of bipedal blood-filled water balloons in the store, so there was no waiting at the robot checkout, which is always nice.

EDIT: After hitting post and refreshing the recent thread tab, the ad on the left featured an extreme close up of a honey bee. Creepy!
edit on 1-3-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Saw nobody wearing masks at my Costco...but it was funny...one family had a teenage kid coughing loudly throughout the store and everyone in the crowded store gave them a wide berth.

I do that around teenagers in general.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
People often forget that if you stock food, you better have toilet paper to use with it on the way out. Most people do not think about things like that. We have extra dishsoap and laundry detergent too. We have many rolls of paper toweling and packages of paper plates too. Who wants to be washing clothes and dishes all the time if the power is out and you have a pump. Plastic silverware is good too. and of course, garbage bags, you have to have bags to put trash in no matter if they pick up the trash or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let's hope toilet paper doesn't have to come from China. Cosco won't be able to restock for a few months.

By the way, a wash cloth and water works too when push comes to shove.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have a nuke plant 3 miles away were good.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My local HEB was stocked full of waters yesterday.

I will be going by there again for a few things, so I'll check on the stock levels.

Edit01: Yup, still stocked, same with TP, I however, did pick up another case of water and TP anyways because why not.
edit on 1-3-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join