It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Shaunybaby,

Thank you for bringing that up. God doesn't lie right? Or so we'd be led to believe. Yet, how does god pull off the 7 day creation party without drawing attention from the cosmic police? What does the 'other side' teach us about this exclusive party event.

One 'explanation' I've seen from your side JJ, god made light from the stars enroute! The other side teachs this as a possibility (YEC side) so as to explain away the seeimingly old looking universe. But, we've got abit of a contradiction with this explanation. God doesn't lie to us, and yet ... we're seeing event's that supposedly happened billions of year's ago that just never happened. The heaven's above us, from some YEC's explanations are basicly one giant decietfull hologram. A lie. That supernova that happened a few months ago that was 6 billion light years away... Never happened, the light for that event was encoded enroute at the begining of the seven day creation party. Basicly, using this explanation, anything outside of a radius of atleast 10,000 years (just a margin of error mind you) isn't real. It was encoded enroute to earth. Then again, there are some who try to say, god with all his power just made these thing's where they are and they really are there. Really, depends on which camp group your sleeping with.

All the otherside teach's JJ, forget history. If it's not in the bible, it isn't real or we shouldn't think about it. There's no such thing's as dinosaurs, satan put those bone's there to lead us astray from the glory of our holy lord. Or wait .... that's what the other side used to teach before most changed their mind's as the realized how pathetic that sounded. Yes, there are some people of faith who STILL don't believe dinosaurs are real, those are the real hardcore god lovers.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Moreso than any other RELIGION, Christianity is, in and of itself, a conspiracy. It was born of a radical Jewish noble's conspiracy to reform Judaism, altered and manipulated by being forged in the fires of Constantine's conspiracy to save the Roman Empire, ultimately hijacked and used for centralisation of power to control the masses, and eventually kingdoms themselves. It's evolution over the centuries, is a blasphemy to the original philosophy upon which it was based. It was never meant to be it's own "stand-alone" religion. That it has become that, is due ONLY to man's greed and lust for power, despite it's sheep's clothing of love and tolerance. Towhit, I offer a point of illustration: I am an American; I aspire to an ideal of what being an American is; I love my country; I love the people of my country who share in that ideal. The government is not my country, nor is it currently reflecting the ideal to which I believe true Americans ascribe. I draw a correlation between the government of the United States and Organised Christianity. The current U.S. Government is as much a blasphemy against the ideal of America as Organised Christianity is, versus the intent of the original philosophy of Jesus; which, incidentally, he did not have a monopoly on. Being a decent human being has ever been an aspiration, long before "religion" raised it's ugly head.

For all of you who consider yourselves "Christians", I would be hesitant to have myself associated with what Organised Christianity has become. In summary, I see no Anti-Christian Conspiracy, but do observe (and support) resistance to the adoption & implementation of "religious" doctrine into policies which can easily be abused, by insinuation, in order to exercise greater control over a people. I have also noticed in this thread, a tendency to lash out, concerning another's lack of familiarity with the topic religion (as in, " How would you know?! You're not a Christian!!). Keep in mind that this may often not be the case, and I reference myself in point. Many of us may have been devotees in the past. I do not regard myself as having "lost my faith", but rather, having gained invaluable insight into the concepts of religion & spirituality. To put it somewhat crassly, I am much happier knowing the real truth, than ascribing to a half-truth, restricted by blinders. In addition, I still believe that many of you are unable to cogently separate your religious doctrine from your philosophy. If you could, then you would realise that God doesn't fair well in a box.
But, then again, self-delusion has ever been an opiate for the masses. I'm off drugs, myself.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
ATS has been doing a fine job of both proving The Bible and the conspiracy against those who follow it.

Read 2 Timothy: 3, and you will see ample display of all those harmfull, selfish natures (to become the norm in end times) not only expressed but promoted.

Time and time again, Christians who express an opinion are dismissed out of hand, just because they're Christian, reguardless of the topic or who's 'side' they're on.

Defend Child Sacrifice and you're called open minded, call it 'wrong' and you're declared 'judgemental'.

I do hope that before 'lurkers' and readers allow themselves to be deceived by the constant reinterpreting of The Bible (that those same God haters, accuse Christians of doing) they also read their other posts on topics of life and death, justice etc., to see if they have a nature you would trust not to do evil.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
[edit on 3-20-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Defend Child Sacrifice and you're called open minded, call it 'wrong' and you're declared 'judgemental'.

then again there's a difference between defending something, and outright saying something is wrong.

if a girl has an abortion, she doesn't want to hear 'you murderer, what you did was wrong'. sure let her know your opinion, 'i don't believe what you did was right, nor can i honor it, but i respect it nonetheless as it was your decision alone to make'.

that's the problem, not that christians are thought of as judgemental, but that they are judgemental. same goes for people who are in to politics, they're either conservative, or liberal. hence, they've already made up their mind what they think, before they've even heard the case.

so yeh, rather than judging a girl of 15, say living in a hostel, with drugs all around her, on her decision to have an abortion after some person raped her, try doing something called 'support'. support that person in their decision. just because you're conservative, liberal or christian, shouldn't mean that you're automatically against something, before you've heard the plea.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
then again there's a difference between defending something, and outright saying something is wrong.

if a girl has an abortion, she doesn't want to hear 'you murderer, what you did was wrong'. sure let her know your opinion, 'i don't believe what you did was right, nor can i honor it, but i respect it nonetheless as it was your decision alone to make'.

I agree it's not the job of a Christian to beat someone over the head with past mistakes. In fact, Christ makes a specific address about it, "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." (Matthew 7). You're right, we're not to judge each other, however at the same time, "Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble." So then, which do we do? The answer is both. But how? Quite easily, show the love and compassion that Shauny is talking about here while at the same time help guide a person to thinking and doing the right thing. I think we as people (not just Christians
) tend to get frustrated that other people aren't living their lives properly and feel the need to forcefully interject anger...which is no solution. Indeed even in parenting when it seems to work at the time, if not done out of love will have serious repercussions.

that's the problem, not that christians are thought of as judgemental, but that they are judgemental. same goes for people who are in to politics, they're either conservative, or liberal. hence, they've already made up their mind what they think, before they've even heard the case.

I care not of how I'm "thought of" but absolutely concerned with how I am. If Christians are judgemental, then yes, that is a problem.

so yeh, rather than judging a girl of 15, say living in a hostel, with drugs all around her, on her decision to have an abortion after some person raped her, try doing something called 'support'. support that person in their decision. just because you're conservative, liberal or christian, shouldn't mean that you're automatically against something, before you've heard the plea.

I also believe it's important to understand someone's whole situation. How can you provide council when you don't know what someone else is going through? The past is done, all we can affect is the present which ultimately affects the future. At the end of the day, she made wrong decisions, but who here has not made a wrong decision?

[edit on 21-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Another example Australians would be aware of, is one of the our 'favourite' programmes, The Glass House.

This show pulls no punches in pointing out the 'idiots' of the week, but no matter how insanely stupid the actions of anyone during the week, it's always Christianity that gets held up for 'inciting' extra special stupidity.

I do know they exist, but I can't remember an episode when Christians haven't received a clear insult.

Thankfully, Reece Muldoon, the semi-regular Christian guest and damn fine actor, proves Christians can be very funny and non-judgemental. But on the whole they can't resist any chance to make Christians look bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Another example Australians would be aware of, is one of the our 'favourite' programmes, The Glass House.

This show pulls no punches in pointing out the 'idiots' of the week, but no matter how insanely stupid the actions of anyone during the week, it's always Christianity that gets held up for 'inciting' extra special stupidity.

I do know they exist, but I can't remember an episode when Christians haven't received a clear insult.

Thankfully, Reece Muldoon, the semi-regular Christian guest and damn fine actor, proves Christians can be very funny and non-judgemental. But on the whole they can't resist any chance to make Christians look bad.

christians are normally the butt of a joke because they're easy targets and easy to make funny.

the same with the japanese as with a program 'takeshi's castle'. they do absolutly anything. and with craig charles 'red dwarf' doing the commentary it's hilarious. it's just a bunch of japanese people falling over...but craig makes it funny with his twist. just as christianity isn't really funny, but when you get the monty python crew together they seem to make a funny twist on something like the life of brian.

the thing is australia must be absolutly swarming with christians. there's only 20 million or so people living there and the country is mostly christian. so you'd be hard done by to find a person that isn't christian. therefore, that show has no choice but to have christians on there. i doubt they specifically target them, it's just hard to probably get an atheist or someone that isn't christian.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

christians are normally the butt of a joke because they're easy targets and easy to make funny.

Bully Rule #1: Pick on someone who won't fight back.

the same with the japanese as with a program 'takeshi's castle'. they do absolutly anything. and with craig charles 'red dwarf' doing the commentary it's hilarious.

Red Dwarf rules, but haven't seen Takeshi's Castle yet. Sounds interesting.

just as christianity isn't really funny, but when you get the monty python crew together they seem to make a funny twist on something like the life of brian.

I'm normally a Python fan but didn't like that one. Spam-a-lot was well worth the ticket price though.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Bully Rule #1: Pick on someone who won't fight back.

I'm pretty sure that the Christians, throughout history, have been the primary bullies. When people tried to fight back they were burned, lynched, tortured, hanged. Of course I'm not saying that's true of all Christians, however the the fundamental crazies get the most attention, thereby drawing the most ridicule.

I also think that jokewise, they are perfect targets, and should laugh when they hear a funny joke about them. For example:

A minister, a priest and a rabbi went for a hike one day. It was very hot. They were sweating and exhausted when they came upon a small lake. Since it was fairly secluded, they took off all their clothes and jumped in the water. Feeling refreshed, the trio decided to pick a few berries while enjoying their "freedom."

As they were crossing an open area, who should come along but a group of ladies from town. Unable to get to their clothes in time, the minister and the priest covered their privates and the rabbi covered his face while they ran for cover.

After the ladies had left and the men got their clothes back on, the minister and the priest asked the rabbi why he covered his face rather than his privates.

The rabbi replied, "I don't know about you, but in MY congregation, it's my face they would recognize."

No need to sulk, twas all in good fun.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm pretty sure that the Christians, throughout history, have been the primary bullies. When people tried to fight back they were burned, lynched, tortured, hanged. Of course I'm not saying that's true of all Christians, however the the fundamental crazies get the most attention, thereby drawing the most ridicule.

I'd say that NO Christians are like this. There may be people who call themselves "Christians" who do, but that's not the same thing. If I call myself a hamburger, it doesn't make me a hamburger.

The rabbi replied, "I don't know about you, but in MY congregation, it's my face they would recognize."

No need to sulk, twas all in good fun.

Doh!
Other two weren't following the law.

By the way, told that joke to my parents (one is Christian, one is not) and they both cracked up.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'd say that NO Christians are like this. There may be people who call themselves "Christians" who do, but that's not the same thing. If I call myself a hamburger, it doesn't make me a hamburger.

But Christians WERE like that. The blood is still on your hands today if you associate yourself with Christianity.

That's like me making a Neo-Nazi group and saying, we've got nothing to do with what Hitler did.

At the end of the day you've still got the name, you've still got the history.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by shaunybaby]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But Christians WERE like that. The blood is still on your hands today if you associate yourself with Christianity.

I'm sorry but Christ said "love your enemy" and "love your neighbor". He is who I follow. The people who did these things were NOT following Him. My sins are forgiven, no blood is on my hands.

That's like me making a Neo-Nazi group and saying, we've got nothing to do with what Hitler did.

Then they aren't Neo-Nazi are they? Hitler was their leader. Christ being the leader of Christians, a Christian must follow Christ.

At the end of the day you've still got the name, you've still got the history.

Apologies for the people you thought were Christian but are just calling themselves "Christian". We're here to disclose the truth and it seems you've been deceived by these "Christians". If you paid money to listen to any of these "Christians", I'd demand your money back.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I feel, at this point, that if I said, "It isn't wise to poke yourself in the eye with a fork." some few would jump in and say, "Don't judge me. You Christians are always judgeing. If I want to poke myself in the eye for a reason you don't understand or agree with, you have no right to judge me."

It doesn't matter how often the difference between a Christian and those who have used the word to (falsely) discribe themselves, is explained, or any other point of "dispute", Christian posters still manage to find their intellect and/or character, directly insulted...or The Bibles...back and forth...

"Decerning", things helpfull and harmfull to life, is not being judgemental of anyone. It may cause others to 'see themselves' in the 'reflextion' and find discomfort, not liking what they see, but only a child would get angry at the one holding the mirror.

Freely offering, to be concidered or rejected, is not ramming anything down anyones mouth. Actively telling people not to 'fall into' those 'crusadeing', 'wichburning' ways is fear and hate mongering.

But isn't there a conspiracy of people ensuring the 'debate' goes around in these 'theological' circles, to keep us from listing the countless ways Christians are being 'talked down' as somehow 'less', than 'normal', and how generally acceptable such behaviour is.

For crying out loud..., the world has agreed (after much world wide violence) not to offend Islamics with "cartoons", or any bloody thing else, and Christians ask you to stop, repeatedly, mis-representing the Christian faith....and you just throw more insults at us....and all cheer ...YEAAYY!

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

For crying out loud..., the world has agreed (after much world wide violence) not to offend Islamics with "cartoons", or any bloody thing else, and Christians ask you to stop, repeatedly, mis-representing the Christian faith....and you just throw more insults at us....and all cheer ...YEAAYY!

Maybe then Christians just need to start rioting as well. j/k but it would make people think if riots of Christians started happening the next time some dork made fun of us.

I get sick and tired of being prosecuted at times for having the beliefs I have, but Jesus said that being prosecuted in His name only makes my place better in Heaven, so I take it the best I can.

Fact is, as long as there is any majority, there will always be those that will pick fun/slander them as much as they can. Unless I remember wrong, didn't everyone pick on the Democrats when they controlled things like the Republicans do now?

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry but Christ said "love your enemy" and "love your neighbor". He is who I follow. The people who did these things were NOT following Him. My sins are forgiven, no blood is on my hands.

but whether you like it or not, your religion DID do that stuff. whether or not they were following christ's word is neither here nor there.

Then they aren't Neo-Nazi are they? Hitler was their leader. Christ being the leader of Christians, a Christian must follow Christ.

exactly so why disosociate christ with earlier christians, just because 'you' think they weren't following what you believe to be christ's word?

Apologies for the people you thought were Christian but are just calling themselves "Christian". We're here to disclose the truth and it seems you've been deceived by these "Christians". If you paid money to listen to any of these "Christians", I'd demand your money back.

no i'm not paying any money. i don't go to church remember.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

but whether you like it or not, your religion DID do that stuff.

My religion did nothing of the sort. People did it and they were not following the religion.

whether or not they were following christ's word is neither here nor there.

It's entirely relevant. If you fail to see that, then I'm sure I can make a few blanket statements about your race, gender, culture, ethinicity or any other classification you may fall into and say that you're accountable for them, despite you having no part in it nor similar belief.

exactly so why disosociate christ with earlier christians, just because 'you' think they weren't following what you believe to be christ's word?

It's not what 'I' think. What 'I' think is irrelevant. It's what He thinks. If one questions what He thinks, then read what He says and does. It only takes the ability to read to know what He said and did.

no i'm not paying any money.

Good, then no harm done in the swindling misconceptions.

i don't go to church remember.

I think it'd be good research, to seek out and hear how true Christians are and what they're doing in a Bible believing church instead of accepting what media and society has to say about "Christianity"...as opposed to Christianity. Don't worry, the offering is optional and intentionally so.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   

My religion did nothing of the sort. People did it and they were not following the religion.

Your religion 'today' did nothing of the sort, but it did in the passed. They were still also following the same religion as you do today, they just had different concepts on 'how' exactly they should follow.

It's entirely relevant. If you fail to see that, then I'm sure I can make a few blanket statements about your race, gender, culture, ethinicity or any other classification you may fall into and say that you're accountable for them, despite you having no part in it nor similar belief.

That's the problem here, I didn't say 'you' should be held accountable. However, you need to accept your religion's history. At one point in time Great Britain owned something like 80% of the world, they invaded countries and took away the local people's priviledges of being humans. That doesn't mean to say that I am like that, nor are you like the Christians who slaughtered innocent people for having different beliefs. I'd just like you to accept your religion's history.

It's not what 'I' think. What 'I' think is irrelevant. It's what He thinks. If one questions what He thinks, then read what He says and does. It only takes the ability to read to know what He said and did.

Jesus has 'celebrity' status. What I mean by that is that you may read something he has said...and you'll go right out and do it no questions asked. It's like some teen girl who might read something Paris Hilton said and go straight out and do it, wear it, buy it etc.

I think it'd be good research, to seek out and hear how true Christians are and what they're doing in a Bible believing church instead of accepting what media and society has to say about "Christianity"...as opposed to Christianity. Don't worry, the offering is optional and intentionally so.

I have christian friends, I hear what they do from them. I even had one tell me she couldn't believe the rubbish coming out of her youth leader's mouth, talking to kids, and the kids were taking all in as 100% truth. That's a Christian of say 12 years saying that about her youth leader...obviously his little God speeches are to say the least 'a load of nonsense'.

So if she thinks what her youth leader has to say is nonsense, and she's Christian...what hope is there of me of listening to the guy.

So stop assuming I get my information from the media, or the internet, or society, I get it from close by.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Persecution of christianity has been going on for thousands of years, but in my own lifetime, I've seen some doozies!

For example, I use to bring my bible to work with me and read it while eating my lunch. Little did I know, that this action was infuriating some of my fellow co-workers. I wasn't trying to convert them (maybe I should have, as at least they would've had a logical reason for being upset with me). It seemed really odd to me that it was such a sensational thing, to read a bible over your lunchbreak. Among the many things that happened (this first series of events happened while I was still single, living at home with the folks, and trying to earn enough money to keep the family afloat, as my dad had prostate cancer and could no longer work. The year is 1978) :

1. A group of gentlmen posted the centerfold for Hustler magazine on my work station while I was at lunch, so upon my return I would be educated about female anatomy. A bit redundant, since I am female.

2. A co-worker dropped a 110 lb. roll of steel on my foot and left it there.

3. A gentleman old enough to be my grandfather, taped 2 pallet tags to the end of my nipples.

4. A guy dropped a bra on my head from his position on a platform, ten feet up in the air. Apparently, I was supposed to be shocked to see a bra. I admit it was weird to have a bra drop on my head while trying to work, but this is the extent of the surprise, as I had a bra of my own and had actually seen one before.

5. A motorcycle chick, flaming red hair (and temper), leather jacket, the whole enchilada, decided I needed to have my face re-arranged because I was a prissy christian female, in her estimation, who brought that "stupid book" to work.

6. Another guy followed me around on my lunch break, sniffing everywhere I sat, and moaning, as if he were having an orga sm.

7. Another guy told me that I needed to get laid, and that he wasn't the guy for the job, but it needed to happen soon, because I read that stupid book and seemed happy with that stupid religion, which to him, was totally stupid.

/////

Then there was the stint in culture shock:

I got married and we moved to a new state when his job required us to move. The new state was of a particular religious belief which was decidedly anti-protestant (which I am). Immediately, missionaries showed up on our doorstep, along with an elder from the local ward. When it became apparent that I wasn't going to change my mind, the harrassment began in earnest.

1. Our 2 year old son was beaten by a full grown woman, who kept yelling "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

2. Someone kept sabotaging our vehicles, costing us a fortune in car repairs when we were already dirt poor

3. A neighbor informed us that the other mothers in the neighborhood were deliberately singling out and punishing our son when trouble arose between the children, because he was the only one that wasn't their religion.

4. I was fired from three different jobs on trumped up charges in each and every case. On the last case, the assistant manager had the courtesy to call me on the phone and tell me that I had been exonerated. Of course, it did little to help our financial situation but it certainly helped to know someone was willing to discover and tell the truth.

5. One of the elders of the religion in that area, asked if he could read a copy of a book I had. In exchange, he would allow me to read a copy of a book he had. I agreed to this exchange. He came back to reclaim his book, which I gave to him. Inquiring about my book, he informed me that he and the other elders had a bonfire and burned it to a crisp.

Etc. etc. etc.

Mind you, I wasn't a christian my whole life. As a teenager, I had lived a decidedly unchristian existence. But when I became a christian, peoples built-in prejudices kicked in and suddenly I was responsible for the witch burnings, the holocaust, the robbing of the south and central americans, the crusades, the inquisition, and so on. Nevermind that I wasn't a catholic, or that I didn't believe in burning people. I found that exceedingly amazing, and very revealing about the human condition.

Truth of the matter is, humans are bigots.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
^^^^^^wierd since the majority of people in america, or infact in any christian country are actually christian^^^^^^

sounds like you got jobs where there were no people but plain bullies.

i've seen videos of workers in a chicken factory and they kick them around smash them on the floor etc. it's about exercising their power, that's what bullies do. i mean those guys were so dumb they had to work in a chicken factory and their only satisfaction is to know they can kick around a few chickens.

you got kicked around in your job by bullies. they used your christianity...your strongest point to prey on you. that's what bullies do. it had nothing to do with the fact you're christian or they hated christianity. the same goes for rich kids, they get picked on because they're rich. or fat kids get picked on because they're fat. the strongest and most dominant feature of any person is up for grabs when it comes to bullies... it just so happened that yours was christianity.

as for these pathetic attempts to win over sympathy can christians please stop posting that they were bullied at work etc. it's getting tiring. you're not the only ones ever to be picked on at work. you're not the only ones ever to have your religion up for questioning and mocking. you chose that life...deal with it. just stop bringing it in here to try and get sympathy or add to the agenda that the whole world is anti-christian just because you got picked on.

and for that 2nd part in the new state it was christians doing the dirty work.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by shaunybaby]

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join