It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christian conspiracy

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
Your religion 'today' did nothing of the sort, but it did in the passed. They were still also following the same religion as you do today, they just had different concepts on 'how' exactly they should follow.

My statement stands with the reason given. No.

That's the problem here, I didn't say 'you' should be held accountable. However, you need to accept your religion's history.

I do. There was a man named Jesus who was the infinite son of God who said "love your enemy" and "love your neighbor". Anyone from that point forward who did not follow this were not following him.

At one point in time Great Britain owned something like 80% of the world, they invaded countries and took away the local people's priviledges of being humans.

Great Britian is not my religion.

That doesn't mean to say that I am like that, nor are you like the Christians who slaughtered innocent people for having different beliefs. I'd just like you to accept your religion's history.

Christians did not slaughter innocent people for having different beliefs:

"Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:
"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,"

The words of Christ, the man whom Christianity was founded upon.

Please address my points above instead of repeating claims and rhetoric.

Jesus has 'celebrity' status.

Yeah, mankind usually kills their celebrities.

What I mean by that is that you may read something he has said...and you'll go right out and do it no questions asked. It's like some teen girl who might read something Paris Hilton said and go straight out and do it, wear it, buy it etc.

Who said I never question? Where does this misconception come from? (By the way, the two sentences here are questions)

I have christian friends, I hear what they do from them. I even had one tell me she couldn't believe the rubbish coming out of her youth leader's mouth, talking to kids, and the kids were taking all in as 100% truth. That's a Christian of say 12 years saying that about her youth leader...obviously his little God speeches are to say the least 'a load of nonsense'.

Why would anyone follow someone who is 'a load of nonsense'? Besides, we're talking about a "youth leader" which is a random volunteer member of a church by the way. Question your friends and if they don't know, have them question their leaders. It is important to know why we do the things we do. You can do so, so long as when a good answer is given it is seriously considered and accepted. Otherwise you're just being a pain with an inflated ego.

So if she thinks what her youth leader has to say is nonsense, and she's Christian...what hope is there of me of listening to the guy.

Why doesn't she tell her leader that? One-on-one is the respectable way of doing it. Also, you are a different person. Question the leader. If he gives you a "because I said so" you need a different leader. You and I require people who know what they're doing and why they're doing it.

Try an elder, deacon, or pastor. You're not wasting their time, that's what they're there for. Do you ask the President's gardener if we should approve the annual budget?

So stop assuming I get my information from the media, or the internet, or society, I get it from close by.

Fair enough, I sit corrected and apologize (though friends are part of society). My new statement in its stead is, "Instead of listening to second-hand account from your friends, go there yourself, sit, listen, ask questions at church". If they're not willing to engage or explain, they're not the only church, go to a Bible-believing church that will. What's the benefit? Eternal happiness and life. I'd be glad to help otherwise. You have at least two avenues before you now to get these answers.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
My statement stands with the reason given. No.

You mean your reason to ignore your religion's history, based on your own concept of what and what is not concidered 'Christian'.

I do. There was a man named Jesus who was the infinite son of God who said "love your enemy" and "love your neighbor". Anyone from that point forward who did not follow this were not following him.

Who said anything about following Jesus. I'm on about people following christianity. Your concept of Christianity today, is different to how people used to follow it in the passed. For example at one point in time, you wouldn't dare say something such as 'There's no God'. That was considered blasphemy. However, you can say today 'There is no God' and it would not be blasphemy in the same sense that it was in the passed.

Great Britian is not my religion.

Christians did not slaughter innocent people for having different beliefs:

One man in history slaughtered 6 million jewish people in the good name of the Christian lord. His name was Adolf Hitler. So you're lying if you say no Christian ever slaughtered innocent people.

The words of Christ, the man whom Christianity was founded upon.

Founded a whole 400 years after his death. He must have be really important.

Yeah, mankind usually kills their celebrities.

David Beckham watch out...

Who said I never question? Where does this misconception come from? (By the way, the two sentences here are questions)

'Love your enemy, love your neighbor'... you don't question that early christians may have ignored this teaching, and gone the ways of the old testament teachings of the wraith filled God.

You just keep saying 'love your neighbor, love your enemy' as an excuse as to why christians have never done bad, as if they do do bad, they are not christians because they're ignoring a teaching supposedly from Jesus' mouth.

Fair enough, I sit corrected and apologize (though friends are part of society). My new statement in its stead is, "Instead of listening to second-hand account from your friends, go there yourself, sit, listen, ask questions at church". If they're not willing to engage or explain, they're not the only church, go to a Bible-believing church that will. What's the benefit? Eternal happiness and life. I'd be glad to help otherwise. You have at least two avenues before you now to get these answers.

Like I've said so many times on here, I've been to church before, nothing appealed, nothing stood out. I think out of the box, you like to stay in the box and keep things simple. Afterall what could be more simple than 'ummm duuurrrr God made everything, duuuurrr he made adam and eve, adam from dust and eve from his rib duuurrrr, then there was a big flood and noah had a big boat with all the animals on...bla bla etc. it's like some pathetic kids story...and i don't even know your age but i bet you're not a kid.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

You mean your reason to ignore your religion's history, based on your own concept of what and what is not concidered 'Christian'.

I understand my religion's history as I've been studying it for 17 years. It is a daily study for me. How long have you been specifically studying my religion? I think I know what I believe and the history behind it. Beyond that, I have experiences to back it up.

Who said anything about following Jesus.

Christianity comes from the word "Christ" and means the followers thereof. But, you already knew that...or chose to ignore me saying so over and over again in the last 4 posts I've made.

I'm on about people following christianity. Your concept of Christianity today, is different to how people used to follow it in the passed. For example at one point in time, you wouldn't dare say something such as 'There's no God'. That was considered blasphemy. However, you can say today 'There is no God' and it would not be blasphemy in the same sense that it was in the passed.

Dude, you're sooo not getting it, and I'm sorry I cannot be the one to relay it to you.

One man in history slaughtered 6 million jewish people in the good name of the Christian lord. His name was Adolf Hitler. So you're lying if you say no Christian ever slaughtered innocent people.

He wasn't Christian. I lie not. Next?

Founded a whole 400 years after his death. He must have be really important.

Check your history, I'm tired of doing it for you.

'Love your enemy, love your neighbor'...

By George I think he gets it!

you don't question that early christians may have ignored this teaching, and gone the ways of the old testament teachings of the wraith filled God.

Isaiah, Daniel, Ezekiel. They are Old Testament and explain what's going on. Also, nowhere in the Old Testament does God unjustly punish people.

You just keep saying 'love your neighbor, love your enemy' as an excuse as to why christians have never done bad, as if they do do bad, they are not christians because they're ignoring a teaching supposedly from Jesus' mouth.

I did not say Christians do not sin. But, when they are sinning, they're not following the teachings of Christ. Those who sin without repentance cannot be Christian per his words.

Like I've said so many times on here, I've been to church before,

How long ago?

nothing appealed, nothing stood out.

It's not supposed to appeal to YOU. YOU are not the center of the universe. Apologies if that's shocking news.

I think out of the box, you like to stay in the box and keep things simple. Afterall what could be more simple than 'ummm duuurrrr God made everything, duuuurrr he made adam and eve, adam from dust and eve from his rib duuurrrr, then there was a big flood and noah had a big boat with all the animals on...bla bla etc. it's like some pathetic kids story...and i don't even know your age but i bet you're not a kid.

So, you went there when you were six then? I'm sure your "advanced thinking" would benefit to going back today and listening to a sermon by a pastor. Surely you'd "get it all" and it would be considered trivial. Give it a shot.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
shaunybaby,

I think you missed my summary of the experiences, and I'll quote it for your consideration:

Humans are bigots. Doesn't matter who you are, where you are, or what you believe. Your belief system, will automatically make you prejudice towards people with different belief systems. Because, Humans are bigots.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I understand my religion's history as I've been studying it for 17 years. It is a daily study for me. How long have you been specifically studying my religion? I think I know what I believe and the history behind it.

Then you would have studied the Christian crusades. Also the spanish inquisition. ALL fronted by the church of their time. If you weren't christian or catholic...you were in for a pretty rough time. They called themselves Christian and Catholic. They may not follow what you believe to be 'Christianity' but they followed it nonetheless.

Dude, you're sooo not getting it, and I'm sorry I cannot be the one to relay it to you.

Yeah I get it. You don't think things like the Christian crusades or Spanish inquisition should be attributed to Christianity, because you think they weren't following Christ's word. However, at the same time those people called themselves Christian or Catholic.

He wasn't Christian. I lie not. Next?

He was Christian. Sure he didn't go to church every Sunday, but he accepted Jesus, and did what he did in the name of the good lord Jesus Christ.

You seem to find it hard to believe that anyone bad could be Christian.

Check your history, I'm tired of doing it for you.

Again, maybe you should check yours. Christians and Catholics WERE murderers. Just because you don't think they followed Christ's words, doesn't make them any less Christian. They were the Christians and Catholics of their time.

By George I think he gets it!

Yeah and I see you still don't.

How long ago?

A matter of years. Why has it changed...is God there now or something?

It's not supposed to appeal to YOU. YOU are not the center of the universe. Apologies if that's shocking news.

No it's not shocking news. I just see the church and their beliefs as what they are...childish myths built on even older myths. Apologies if that's shocking news.

So, you went there when you were six then? I'm sure your "advanced thinking" would benefit to going back today and listening to a sermon by a pastor. Surely you'd "get it all" and it would be considered trivial. Give it a shot.

I did get it all back then. Even back then the whole thing seemed like a huge myth, fairytale and nothing but made up balderdash. I must be destined for hell if that's the way I see Christianity, because that's the way I've always seen it. I also don't really care tbh. I find religious beliefs as a dumbed down way of explaning 'why' we are here. These religions and beliefs/myths are thousands of years old. We no longer use stone tools, and there's a reason. Why are we still therefore celebrating ancient religions. This is the 21st century, I thought we were supposed to have the power of rational thought...I guess that part of evolution skipped some people's gene pools.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Erm more christians were killed by roman pagans and roman catholics than any other group in history. Communists are second in that category of groups who have killed the most christians. Let's all hate on the romans and soviets now. I tell ya those italians and russians are b.a.d. It must be genetic.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Erm more christians were killed by roman pagans and roman catholics than any other group in history. Communists are second in that category of groups who have killed the most christians. Let's all hate on the romans and soviets now. I tell ya those italians and russians are b.a.d. It must be genetic.

I didn't say it was the fault of those living today. I wasn't saying saintforgod was like that or any other christian living today for that fact.

And anyways if that was part of their history, why then in the future did they decide to do exactly what was done to them earlier?

I don't think any group has been persecuted more than the Jews. Six million in a matter of years... persecution of other groups doesn't even come close to that figure.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I didn't say it was the fault of those living today. I wasn't saying saintforgod was like that or any other christian living today for that fact.

And anyways if that was part of their history, why then in the future did they decide to do exactly what was done to them earlier?

I don't think any group has been persecuted more than the Jews. Six million in a matter of years... persecution of other groups doesn't even come close to that figure.

Actually there is one other group that superceeds all others: females. China alone has killed over 150,000,000 female children and female fetuses since the onset of their one child policy. In India, there are entire districts where there are no females at all, due to the Vedic standards regarding female children. In ancient Greece. out of 79 families, there were 119 boys to 28 girls. The girls were killed when they were already born, in various ways: poisoining, suffocation, drowning, burying alive, feeding to crocodiles, giving them things that would cause internal bleeding, leaving them to die from exposure and so on.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Actually there is one other group that superceeds all others: females. China alone has killed over 150,000,000 female children and female fetuses since the onset of their one child policy. In India, there are entire districts where there are no females at all, due to the Vedic standards regarding female children. In ancient Greece. out of 79 families, there were 119 boys to 28 girls. The girls were killed when they were already born, in various ways: poisoining, suffocation, drowning, burying alive, feeding to crocodiles, giving them things that would cause internal bleeding, leaving them to die from exposure and so on.

Sorry I was on about religions. I'm sure that's what this topic is all about...surely?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Then you would have studied the Christian crusades. Also the spanish inquisition. ALL fronted by the church of their time. If you weren't christian or catholic...you were in for a pretty rough time. They called themselves Christian and Catholic. They may not follow what you believe to be 'Christianity' but they followed it nonetheless.

I don't care what they call themselves. I only care what they are.

Yeah I get it. You don't think things like the Christian crusades or Spanish inquisition should be attributed to Christianity, because you think they weren't following Christ's word.

Thank you.

However, at the same time those people called themselves Christian or Catholic.

Sucks to be them. They have to be accountable for what they do. I have to be accountable for what I do (if not for accepting Christ's action as acceptable payment for those sins). You have to be accountable for what you do. See how this works?

He was Christian. Sure he didn't go to church every Sunday, but he accepted Jesus, and did what he did in the name of the good lord Jesus Christ.

Just above you said you got it. Please apply that same thinkin here.

You seem to find it hard to believe that anyone bad could be Christian.

As I've said, people sin. When they sin, they're not following Christ. Those who do not turn from those old ways and do it His way are not Christian.

Again, maybe you should check yours. Christians and Catholics WERE murderers. Just because you don't think they followed Christ's words, doesn't make them any less Christian. They were the Christians and Catholics of their time.

Ad infinitum, ad nauseum. You said you got it so there's no point in repeating.

Yeah and I see you still don't.

Whatevah. You think I was always Christian and never thought the way you do?

A matter of years. Why has it changed...is God there now or something?

You're older and more mature. Church tries to be age appropriate. Full service this time please, not just Sunday school. I believe Sunday school would even have an older class for you too. No sense teaching an 8 year old e=mc2 when they're still tackling long addition.

No it's not shocking news.

Good!

I just see the church and their beliefs as what they are...childish myths built on even older myths. Apologies if that's shocking news.

Actually that's more like the "same old song and dance" from you from many threads. Dig in there and see what you can find.

I did get it all back then. Even back then the whole thing seemed like a huge myth, fairytale and nothing but made up balderdash. I must be destined for hell if that's the way I see Christianity, because that's the way I've always seen it.

I attended a few Sundays in sunday school and thought the whole thing was bunk getting older.

I also don't really care tbh. I find religious beliefs as a dumbed down way of explaning 'why' we are here.

Why we are here isn't nearly as relevant as where we are going.

These religions and beliefs/myths are thousands of years old. We no longer use stone tools, and there's a reason. Why are we still therefore celebrating ancient religions. This is the 21st century, I thought we were supposed to have the power of rational thought...I guess that part of evolution skipped some people's gene pools.

Then you and I wouldn't look the same would we
. Where is your rational thought in this concept?

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sucks to be them. They have to be accountable for what they do. I have to be accountable for what I do (if not for accepting Christ's action as acceptable payment for those sins). You have to be accountable for what you do. See how this works?

Yeah they are accountable for what they do. Doesn't mean they're not Christian or Catholic.

Whatevah. You think I was always Christian and never thought the way you do?

No. That's wierd how a person in later life suddenly becomes religious. Obviously 'life experiences' led you to this new life. Wierd again how many peole must hear voices in their head and attribute them to God. Did you know that 60% + say God has a posh accent.

Actually that's more like the "same old song and dance" from you from many threads. Dig in there and see what you can find.

Yeah I thought the old me could do with some resurecting. You should be familiar with resurection.

Why we are here isn't nearly as relevant as where we are going.

6ft under. If you're lucky.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Yeah they are accountable for what they do.

Good, didn't want you to think they were getting off "scott free" for their actions.

Doesn't mean they're not Christian or Catholic.

What does determine if they are Christian though is whether or not they follow Christ.

No. That's wierd how a person in later life suddenly becomes religious.

It's not only a long story, but also a majority in Christianity.

Obviously 'life experiences' led you to this new life. Wierd again how many peole must hear voices in their head and attribute them to God. Did you know that 60% + say God has a posh accent.

Hehe, really? Never heard that before. I don't hear "voices" through my ears. Not saying it's not possible, just isn't the case with me. I can say though that nothing He has said ever contradicted what was in His Word, and vice-versa. It's nice getting consistent information & clarity.

Yeah I thought the old me could do with some resurecting. You should be familiar with resurection.

I am, though haven't experienced the full extent of it myself. Some things should be resurrected, other things not so much.

6ft under. If you're lucky.

That's not how the story ends, we don't get to write that book. And, what is this "luck" thing you speak of? Oh, that's part of a different religion entirely. Probably the same one the Crusades were following.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Are there no Christian soldiers in the war effort then? By your definition it'd make them non-christians, and not following Jesus if they were to shoot and kill someone. Again for the people who fought in WW1 and WW2. Millions died, and a fair number would have been Christian. However, you're going to condemn them for supporting their country. I'd much rather have people support our country, than Jesus. You're on about following the 'word' which is likely to not even be a direct quote from Jesus, over something like choosing to fight in a war for your country.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence sees religion for what it is...nothing but plain myths. Every culture has had them, and every culture has their myths. Was the Earth at one time not held on Atlas' shoulder, or a turtle's back, an elephants back. For christians it's 'God made everything in 7 days, including people...just said 'bla' and it was done'....wow how intelligent. By pure definition a religious myth is not logical, hence you cannot be thought to be intelligent if you believed it.

You live your life, and I'll live mine. I don't need and never will need God, unlike you. You need him because you're a little more weakminded than the average Joe. It's false hope that's spread across the world like a plague. There's people who think they're going to be reincarnated, there's people who think they're going to heaven and everyone else to hell, there's people that don't want to upset animal spirits so they offer and pray to them. Christianity is no different to the non-taught-as-history religions such as 'Greek Gods' or 'Egyptian Gods'...it will one day be taught as mythical history in the same sense. Most likely not in my day...but one day.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Soo, among other things, christians are people who are weak-minded?

Dude, if you had any idea how foolish that sounds to a person who knows differently, you would never repeat it again.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Soo, among other things, christians are people who are weak-minded?

Dude, if you had any idea how foolish that sounds to a person who knows differently, you would never repeat it again.

I've said it many times. Christians need God like an addict needs heroin. You can't physically function without your fix.

Have you any idea how foolish something like 'Jesus fed 5000 people with a few fish and bread loaves, or made wine from water, or was resurrected' sounds?... more foolish than 'Christians are weak-minded'. Hell Christians have been exploited by their own people. They can never see the forrest through the trees. The only thing ever on their mind is God, and this makes them inept of rational thought.

Ever wanted to believe something so much that you just make yourself believe it no matter what? Basically religious belief in a nutshell.

Then you've got the audacity to complain about some anti-christian conspiracy. You've just got to have everything your own way.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As far as those in the military goes, I'll let them speak if they feel God has called them there. I'd like to hear what they have to say too.

I've said it many times. Christians need God like an addict needs heroin. You can't physically function without your fix.

Hehe, where have I heard that before? *cough*Karl Marx*cough*

Have you any idea how foolish something like 'Jesus fed 5000 people with a few fish and bread loaves, or made wine from water, or was resurrected' sounds?... more foolish than 'Christians are weak-minded'. Hell Christians have been exploited by their own people. They can never see the forrest through the trees. The only thing ever on their mind is God, and this makes them inept of rational thought.

*sigh*

Ever wanted to believe something so much that you just make yourself believe it no matter what?

No. Have you?

Basically religious belief in a nutshell.

By your definition I'm not religous. At least not in a nutshell anyway.

Then you've got the audacity to complain about some anti-christian conspiracy. You've just got to have everything your own way.

We haven't been able to talk about an anti-christian conspiracy for pages now. Too many people railing against those trying to talk about it. Tells you something yes?

[edit on 26-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Hehe, where have I heard that before? *cough*Karl Marx*cough*

I've heard of Karl Marx, never read his book though. Nice to know my ideologies are similar to his though. Always nice to be compared to someone.

We haven't been able to talk about an anti-christian conspiracy for pages now. Too many people railing against those trying to talk about it. Tells you something yes?

Perhaps if people came up with something better than 'I was bullied at work = anti-christianity'. Then go on to tell us that other christians from other denominations actually then started harassing them... who are the 'real' anti-christians... sounds to me like it's 'christians'.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Ever wanted to believe something so much that you just make yourself believe it no matter what? Basically religious belief in a nutshell.

Your brain is stuck in the science of the 1600's. Allow me to explain:

The first skeptics felt the supernatural was not possible because it couldn't be explained scientificially. This is no longer the case. I can provide a scientific explanation for just about everything Jesus did. I can also theorize, analyze and hypothesize on several topics. I don't need documented evidence in front of my face to extrapolate the possibilities, and once I've arrived at a modicum of feasbility for any given extrapolation, I exercise ye olde brain cells and arrive at all manner of fascinating possibilities. This is what I call thinking outside the box, something investigators, detectives, pioneers, inventors, scientists, musicians, artists, authors, film makers and people of the cloth, are particularly good at. The fact that you can't or won't do this, translates to your brain is stuck in a rut, a four hundred year old rut, which has been leap-frogged by science itself.

Let's take quantum particles in the guise of Schrodinger's Cat, as an example. The theory works on the premise that one must believe the cat is in the box, even though one cannot see the cat in the box. The moment one looks in the box, the cat vanishes. The only way to work out the problem is to continue to have faith that the cat is indeed in the box. This is faith in what one cannot see. It works on a similar premise as faith in God. You don't need to see it, to know it's true because the other evidences point to it, whatever those evidences might be for you. personally..

I find the concept that christians are weak-minded almost laughable. In fact, I actually chuckled to myself when I read it. Life was so much easier when I just went with the flow. Didn't upset the apple cart. Didn't require of myself or those around me, to use their minds in ways other than the superficial and flesh-focused. I became personally aware of the battle ahead of me, as regards my personal behaviors and thought life. People took on a new meaning. Life took on a new meaning. All of this has incredible responsibility with it.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Your brain is stuck in the science of the 1600's.

Yeah and yours and the rest of the Christians on this board even further back than that.

I can provide a scientific explanation for just about everything Jesus did.

I could provide theories for Jesus' so-called miracles. For example healing a blind man... the man may have been a part of the 'act' etc. Sure there are probably more theories that go in to more depth, but keeping it simple would be best.

This is what I call thinking outside the box, something investigators, detectives, pioneers, inventors, scientists, musicians, artists, authors, film makers and people of the cloth, are particularly good at. The fact that you can't or won't do this, translates to your brain is stuck in a rut, a four hundred year old rut, which has been leap-frogged by science itself.

Sorry, yeah you're right. You must be thinking outside the box, as do most people who plainly read the bible and take it as truth. Gee...what a great thought process.

I find the concept that christians are weak-minded almost laughable. In fact, I actually chuckled to myself when I read it.

Did you chuckle because it's true to an extent?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yeah and yours and the rest of the Christians on this board even further back than that.

I could provide theories for Jesus' so-called miracles. For example healing a blind man... the man may have been a part of the 'act' etc. Sure there are probably more theories that go in to more depth, but keeping it simple would be best.

Sorry, yeah you're right. You must be thinking outside the box, as do most people who plainly read the bible and take it as truth. Gee...what a great thought process.

Did you chuckle because it's true toan extent?

That's the point. At one time, it couldn't be proven with science, and was therefore ruled as impossible. But that is simply no longer the case. Yes, people who think outside the box, tend to find answers and even God. If answers are what you seek, you must be willing to accept them once you find them. Otherwise, the point of seeking is moot. If you've stopped seeking or find someone else's answers implausible, that's your right as a human being, however, I rather doubt it proves that my journey is less important, intelligent or meaningful, as yours. Why should it be when you can no more prove your belief system to me, than I can prove mine to you? You realize, of course, that your belief system works on the exact same principles and psychological foundations, as anyone elses?

new topics

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join