It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremism in Germany rears its ugly head, again...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Unfortunately, I think the Brits get the Gold Medal for that kind of dickheadedness abroad. We've improved over time, though.

Well us Aussies are always trying to out compete you in that department...

I resemble that remark...

Though I've never been to Bali.. but yeah, we can be dicks.. bloody ockers.. lol

as to the topic... I didn't get to read the other thread, but I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone would justify this simply because someone mentioned 'right wing'... And unless the party this person was associated with support his actions, and rejoice in it, then it is vastly different to the other side of the fence...

not my pony, not my show.. I'm going to go try and fix the roof before this wind blows us to a different Oz...

You're new here, give it time the cracks will appear soon enough.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

He wasn't in any way political.
He seemed to have experienced something like gangstalking, however you want to approach that, whatever your personal take on that topic you might have that was his perceived reality. He went to the police with that multiple times.
On top he was robbed at the bank he worked, a traumatising event after which he started to be scared of a certain type of ethnicity, fear turned into hate.

I wouldn't call that extremism, or make it political.
I'm not trying to defend what he did, but it was a logical consequence of his perceived life experience.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Even if that aspect is true, I don't know that it is, or that it isn't; but isn't his response just a tad bit extreme?

Posting a manifesto that is, reportedly, a bigoted rant against minorities, then going off on a shooting spree, then killing himself and his mother. That qualifies as extremist in my book.

Fear turning to hate, the hate driving him to unthinkable acts. Extremist by any definition.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm surprised anyone is actually surprised! It was only a matter of time before the worm turned

Multi culturalism doesn't work never has never will and yet its still pushed by most Western countries. If diversity were our strength we'd all be Hercules! Like it or not, humans are drawn to those most like themselves and forceful acceptance tolerance and understanding creates resentment.

When you have totally opposite ideologies there can be no integration and therefore no social cohesion what you end up with is in effect colonies within host countries

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I'd call it an act of desparation. Like I said he was trying to get help, nobody understood what he was saying. He killed his mother because he didn't want her to be left alone in a world he considered to be dangerous and hostile.

I don't think racist equals extremist, because it's not necessarily a religious or political conviction.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'd call it an act of desparation. Like I said he was trying to get help, nobody understood what he was saying. He killed his mother because he didn't want her to be left alone in a world he considered to be dangerous and hostile.

I don't think racist equals extremist, because it's not necessarily a religious or political conviction.

So why did he target a specific group and not lash out randomly?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
His mental health probably contributed to his violence more than his conspiracy theories and political views did.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Peeple

On top he was robbed at the bank he worked, a traumatising event after which he started to be scared of a certain type of ethnicity, fear turned into hate.

Trauma

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Yeah it's clear he was traumatised, and this statement makes it clear his motive was revenge.

Why didn't he target bank robbers for revenge then ?

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I'm surprised anyone is actually surprised! It was only a matter of time before the worm turned

Multi culturalism doesn't work never has never will and yet its still pushed by most Western countries. If diversity were our strength we'd all be Hercules! Like it or not, humans are drawn to those most like themselves and forceful acceptance tolerance and understanding creates resentment.

When you have totally opposite ideologies there can be no integration and therefore no social cohesion what you end up with is in effect colonies within host countries

germany is a multi culturel country the same is the usa. munich has about 30% citizens with migration backround and its a pretty peaceful place to live.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because the suspects were of a certain ethnicity, the catalogue of suspects he was shown were in the majority of a certain ethnicity, so he generalised it and in his head the whole ethnicity became guilty.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Indeed so its racism then.

If politically motivated it's terrorism.
edit on 27-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It's sad to see victim blaming going on here.

Thanks for making this thread, extremism is bad regardless of demographics. And you know what? People can be easily influenced, propaganda, popular opinion, fear and hatred? We can all add to the ills of society in that regard.

I'll happily stand with you against the waves of intolerance and extremism we see in the world. I'd personally rather lose my life than to lose my humanity.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Bash Germany all you want but I don't see Israel opening up the flood gates for Muslims and non Jews. They built a massive gate around the damn place to keep people like them, you and me the hell out.

More than 20 Jewish servicemen were awarded the military's highest award, the Medal of Honor.

They are there...lol

Israel population is made up of 20% Muslim, 9% Druze, and 9% Christians. That is close to 40% of the 8 million there. In comparison blacks and Latinos in America make up combined percentage of about 27% of the population, so what the hell are you talking about...lol

About 300k are American citizens too... lots of "you and me" live there...

Muslims live in specific pockets in Israel. Same with blacks and Latinos in the US. Concentrated sub communities with their own ideologies independent by and large from the larger dominant community. It also happened over a long timescale. They co-exist but these sub communities are still not fully integrated.

What Merkel did was let in a massive wave of sub cultures over a short timescale and she is honoring it was a major miscalculation on her part. They don't speak the language, don't know German culture and over time will create the same sub pockets just like in Israel and the US. The sub communities never had time to form basically and is creating chaos and resentment. If she could have a mulligan they would have been turned away and she would have a adopted a more gradual approach.

edit on 27-2-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You're in denial if you've never seen extremism casually expressed here at ATS.

I'm not pointing at any political direction. My politics aligns certain ways but I support no party. Just figured I'd fill that in before you counter with whataboutisms...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

If you click on the post I'm replying to you will see poorly veiled racism and casual propaganda.

Look I disagree with a lot Israel does but you sir are lying. We both know why...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That's what I call a double trouble cop out.

Yes family should know family better but I don't blame the wife and the children of a suicide victim. It's not the abusive father's fault his son became a murderer. For goodness sake there's homosexuals around the world still in fear of admitting their sexuality to family.

So no, it's nobody's fault but the individual.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I've been somewhat off the rails in the past, no violence etc and no psychotic breaks or anything but I'd most definitely describe my actions as extreme. That's what mental health incidents do, cause you to do extreme things.

Apologies for all the replies Seagull!

I'd have to look into this a bit more but what you describe is a psychotic episode and it's a damn shame their was multiple opportunities to help him.

Like many incidents/attacks of recent that people love to blame certain groups for the truth tends to point towards mental illness. Which has been my opinion from day 1...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

What am I lying about. I'm not religious, don't belong to any groups, organizations. I don't like extremists but I don't hate them. They are free to exist so long as they don't harm others physically, financially or deny them services.

If I said I hated them then I would also be an extremist. At that point I would be hating a group of people for hating another group of people which I find completely absurd. No. They can have their hate rallies and parades as long as they don't hurt anyone. I won't be attending and would encourage others not to attend or celebrate it.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yea canada and the place I work, is just in constant chaos because of all the multiculturalism. I don't even know how I could possibly work with a black man from the Caribbean! It's just impossible.

edit on 27-2-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join