It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremism in Germany rears its ugly head, again...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

No. This issue was there long, long before the immigration fiasco.

Remember what happened in Europe in the 30's and 40's? ...and to lesser extents every where else, too.

No. Merkel, and her policies, are not to blame here. At worst, they're the straw that broke the camel's back.

I don't remember since I was not alive then. What I do know from reading is the Jews have always struggled to co-exist in other non Jewish cultures. It was so bad they needed to hijack another country / re-reclaim it, whatever you want to call it but that is what they did starting before WWII.

Even in the US today, Jews still don't accept the US fully. I served over 20 years in the military and never met a Jew. I find this fascinating since they are larger than Mormons but I have met lots of Mormons in the military. And any non Jew in Israel is treated like a third rate person which makes sense being a theocracy.

Bash Germany all you want but I don't see Israel opening up the flood gates for Muslims and non Jews. They built a massive gate around the damn place to keep people like them, you and me the hell out.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Is there a line that is crossed when extremism stops being extremism and is just bat sh!t crazy? In these cases the internet really helps to manifest these behaviors. There is a good amount of extremism out there that isn't violent in nature, so I'm not sure what to call this. I think any form of extremism is bad by the pure nature of it, but having a rally or killing people is a rather large gap there in comparison.

edit on 26-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
People a lot of natives in these countries view as uninvited "guests" aren't just crashing the party, they're clogging the toilets, drinking all the beer, groping the host's wife, and complaining about the decor.

Similar to how many such natives behave when visiting the guests' own country, then.

Unfortunately, I think the Brits get the Gold Medal for that kind of dickheadedness abroad. We've improved over time, though.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

There is a lot of wrong in your comments, suffice to say, most Israelites are not Jews and Israel is not a Jewish state
Wonder where you derive your information from, I guess you just guessed, not clever

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is there a line that is crossed when extremism stops being extremism and is just bat sh!t crazy? In these cases the internet really helps to manifest these behaviors. There is a good amount of extremism out there that isn't violent in nature, so I'm not sure what to call this. I think any form of extremism is bad by the pure nature of it, but having a rally and killing people is a rather large gap there in comparison.

I disagree, in these cases it's the friends and families of the idiot involved that fails to de-escalate the situation. Clearly this person has some issues that needed to be addressed, and it would seem that either the wrong kind of people were there for them, or nobody was. Friends and families are important in these cases. Not the inter-webs.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Bash Germany all you want but I don't see Israel opening up the flood gates for Muslims and non Jews. They built a massive gate around the damn place to keep people like them, you and me the hell out.

More than 20 Jewish servicemen were awarded the military's highest award, the Medal of Honor.

They are there...lol

Israel population is made up of 20% Muslim, 9% Druze, and 9% Christians. That is close to 40% of the 8 million there. In comparison blacks and Latinos in America make up combined percentage of about 27% of the population, so what the hell are you talking about...lol

About 300k are American citizens too... lots of "you and me" live there...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I'm not personally much into traveling, but I've certainly heard some countries' tourists are worse than others.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

I disagree, in these cases it's the friends and families of the idiot involved that fails to de-escalate the situation. Clearly this person has some issues that needed to be addressed, and it would seem that either the wrong kind of people were there for them, or nobody was. Friends and families are important in these cases. Not the inter-webs.

I agree with you, BUT the internet exasperates those on the edge. Whenever before could a serial killer in NY meet up and have a online relationship with a serial killer in LA? Even at the lower level why do you think so many have moved away from a moderate view point? The internet uses algorithms and AI to mold what you view. If you view moderate liberal stuff it will keep pushing that towards you until you only see extreme liberal ideals up front and moderate Conservative ideals you might actually agree with are 1 million hits deep. Now do this to a hinged mind...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I think the Brits get the Gold Medal for that kind of dickheadedness abroad. We've improved over time, though.

Well us Aussies are always trying to out compete you in that department...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Americans have been loud and brash over the years, I think we are better now, but when I lived in France in the 70s and I saw Americans on the subway I pretended I wasn't one. I don't see that much going on today as I travel a lot and so other countries are much worst now. Middle Easterns are some of the worst as they view many not like them as subservient as that is what they live like in their own country. Brits can be rude, but in a funny way...offer a beer and you will stop 99.9999999% of any Brit fight and be instantly best friends.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Jews were blamed for many things by some in Germany, innocent victims?, easy targets more likely
www.tabletmag.com...

parajr.blogspot.com...

Whatever, they were made a target of hate for the masses

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I resemble that remark...

Though I've never been to Bali.. but yeah, we can be dicks.. bloody ockers.. lol

as to the topic... I didn't get to read the other thread, but I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone would justify this simply because someone mentioned 'right wing'... And unless the party this person was associated with support his actions, and rejoice in it, then it is vastly different to the other side of the fence...

not my pony, not my show.. I'm going to go try and fix the roof before this wind blows us to a different Oz...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

as to the topic... I didn't get to read the other thread, but I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone would justify this simply because someone mentioned 'right wing'... And unless the party this person was associated with support his actions, and rejoice in it, then it is vastly different to the other side of the fence...

not my pony, not my show.. I'm going to go try and fix the roof before this wind blows us to a different Oz...

This is why I suggest whether the person leans right or left he is in the full Bat Sh!t Crazy wing...

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I though Germany had gun control.

Are you saying gun control doesn’t work?

Shootings in a gun control city are usually ignored....see Chicago. Unless it’s a school full of white kids....then the media runs with it

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I though Germany had gun control.

Are you saying gun control doesn’t work?

Shootings in a gun control city are usually ignored....see Chicago. Unless it’s a school full of white kids....then the media runs with it

So big news about some crazy that shoots up 5 in a brewery after he was fired, but then just looking at the last 3 days in Chicago we have 7 deaths and 25 injured to guns, and of course all illegally owned.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's because beer makes us happy.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I live in the NW with 350 micro breweries and 4000 beers... I'm happy.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The Jews were blamed for many things by some in Germany, innocent victims?, easy targets more likely
www.tabletmag.com...

parajr.blogspot.com...

Whatever, they were made a target of hate for the masses

One reason is the jews are known to horde wealth, when I was kid we used call people that were not generous, ok I mean tight " Jews " it was certainly meant as an insult.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I live in the NW with 350 micro breweries and 4000 beers... I'm happy.

I'll drink to that.

I posted this somewhere e lkse, you can't buy happiness but you can buy beer and beer makes you happy.
edit on 26-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I'll drink to that.

I posted this somewhere e lkse, you can't buy happiness but you can buy beer and beer makes you happy.

I'll buy...either way I'm still drinking...lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join