It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article claims Trump Has Sabotaged America’s Coronavirus Response

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What pandemic/epidemic has the US experienced as a direct result of Trump's actions and what would have been the outcome otherwise?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: myselfaswell

Flu has killed 16,000 Men/Women/Children right here in America since last July. Only people who aren't well-balanced are more concerned about this Corona illness, than they are about the predominate threats to our lives.

I would counter that intelligent people would be more concerned about this virus than the flu. After all, it's twice as contagious as your yearly influenza. It's also 20+ times more deadly. Not being concerned about that is foolish. In a year, it has the potential to kill as many as 20 years of the worst flu seasons.

You think people being worried about that are unbalanced? Hmm.. ok then.

The stock mkt's worried. They know things the proletariat has no clue of. No panic selling as of yet....

As of the moment of this post:

Market Summary > Dow Jones Industrial Average
INDEXDJX: .DJI
27,081.36 −879.44 (3.15%)
Feb 25, 4:14 PM EST · Disclaimer

www.google.com...]Google search Down Jones Average

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What pandemic/epidemic has the US experienced as a direct result of Trump's actions and what would have been the outcome otherwise?

The op doesn’t deal with that question. No one, as far as I know, blames this administration for creating the pandemic. That issue is still being investigated.

The point is that the administration made a mistake in gutting the American, very comprehensive pandemic and disease control infrastructure

The point is it’s too vital a service to be cut, IMO, and the opinion of others as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The point is that the administration made a mistake in gutting the American, very comprehensive pandemic and disease control infrastructure

The point is it’s too vital a service to be cut, IMO, and the opinion of others as well.

Did you maybe miss this post at the bottom of page one:

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It's easy to find reasons to be angry when the goal is to find something to be angry about.

There is one source for the article: Laurie Garrett. Laurie Garrett has a history of writing articles predicting pandemic and epidemic doom and gloom. I guess it's hard to keep up that sort of response if one actually looks into the facts.

The Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act of 2006 was allowed to expire in 2018 by Congress. Donald Trump never had the opportunity to sign the bill, as it died in the Senate. Without funding, it sounds perfectly reasonable to fire (or more properly, lay off) those working in a department that is no longer funded... people expect to be paid. Donald Trump then signed the re-authorization bill, the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019, otherwise known as S.1379, on June 24. 2019. This act re-authorizes the previous bill and actually expands it.

Thus far, there are less than 20 cases of the virus in the United States. There have been no related deaths in the United States that I have heard of. I find it interesting that Ms. Garrett praises China for their efforts to contain the virus; the vast bulk of the cases and almost all the deaths resulting from the virus are in China. The coronavirus kills through pneumonia, and the air pollution in China is quite poor and likely is damaging the lungs of the citizens... leaving them more vulnerable to the virus.

But the guy who signed the re-authorization bill to combat the virus, in a country which has experienced no major outbreak, is at fault of course, while the country which has weakened its citizens and tried to keep the outbreak quiet as long as they could is doing an outstanding job and leading the way in pandemic control.

TheRedneck
?

The opinions upon which you are basing your opinion are invalid.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Unsurprisingly, UnitedHealthcare raked in the greatest profits. It earned $3.3 billion in the third quarter of 2018 on $56.6 billion in revenue, up from $2.5 billion during the third quarter of 2017.

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Despite their name, many not-for-profit hospitals rival and even excel for-profits in generating net income, or profit. According to a 2016 study, seven of the 10 most profitable US hospitals were not-for-profit, and each of these hospitals earned a net income of more than $163 million in patient care services.

I wonder why they can't use some of their own profit to improve services.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So even though nothing bad has arisen from anything Trump did, #OrangeManBad so we need to make negative posts about him.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The OP and the referenced article purports to blame Donald Trump for supposedly 'gutting' infrastructure. However, Trump did not gut anything. The Senate refused to pass the bill to continue the program. Donald Trump has nothing to do with the Senate. He is not a Senator.

The funds have since been appropriated in the actual piece of legislation I linked, in 2019. Rather than opposing it, Donald Trump signed it into law.

Your OP fails on two counts: the program that is being complained about still exists, and the President did nothing to cut it, instead signing the legislation that re-authorized it (which your article conveniently ignores, seeing as it was signed into law 6 months before the article was written). That same article actually gives precious little actual information; it does not give the name or bill number of either of the two re-authorization attempts, it does not specify exactly which departments were cut, it mischaracterizes the lack of funding as a "firing," and it blames the process on the President rather than the Congress. The President does not appropriate funds.

I find it rather hilarious in some ways... a year or so ago, Donald Trump was scorned for adhering to the letter of the law concerning declaration of a National Emergency. The specific complaint was that the President had no right to override Congress' "power of the purse" (despite there being a law that allowed such in cases of National Security) to enforce border legislation. Now that the program with a break in funding is something that the same people who complained then want, Donald Trump is again a monster for not somehow overriding Congress' "power of the purse."

Pick a position, willya? Does Congress control the budget or not?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
THE END

HOAX POST

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 25/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Wow...just wow... So the op, whom is known for his ALWAYS partisan and false views makes a claim, which he didn't corroborate at all, but claims "this is the truth and orange man bad..." When in fact this is FAKE NEWS and of course completely false.

I wonder if the op is even knowledgeable at all about how bills, including bills dealing with health, are passed first through the House and Senate, and if they pass both then they reach the POTUS. Meanwhile it is true that several so called "legitimate sites" are making the same claim knowing that for the past 3 years plus these same websites have been lying through their teeth to make it look like "orange man is bad", yet without actually doing ANY research at all the op has the galls to claim "this is the truth and orange man bad..."

What's more, even though it seems that the op was advised, maybe by a moderator or super moderator, to change the title to "Article CLAIMS..." but the thing is, this isn't just a "claim, it has been proven to be completely false yet it hasn't been thrown into the hoax bin, or even the lol bin as it would have if it had been a lie about former President Obama...

By still being in this forum there will be people whom won't read all the responses, and won't know that this is FALSE. A lot of members, mostly those suffering from TDS, will just read the op, and a couple of responses and will leave thinking this is true, so I wonder why hasn't it been at the least labeled as false in the front page? Why is that when it is normally what is done when articles are completely false?

edit on 26-2-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty critical of the present administration, but I have no issue with how things have been handled to date. Not sure how else people would expect this to be handled here.

I mean are they looking for a Chicom style lock down?

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

This thread is false, and on the last response on the first page it was proven by TheRedneck, yet as I mentioned in my previous response because not even in the front page this thread hasn't been labeled as "false", and it hasn't been thrown in the hoax bin there will be members, and apparently even supermoderators, whom would think the false claims made in the op and in the article are truth when this is an utter lie.

edit on 26-2-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I hear you, but I actually more curious beyond the political wrangling as to aside from some voodoo budget cuts that did not actually happen what exactly people expect to be done here. I may start a new thread..........

posted on Feb, 26 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666 We have never had a Federal line-item veto, be that good or bad. Budgets are being cut despite the funding laws by like f' instance by shifting the money to the Wall, be that good or bad. I'm not sure this has passed the full legal system but it is happening. Easier to say 'sorry' than 'may I' and all that.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If you ask me, the coronavirus is a reason to support Trump.

Trump wants to make it virtually impossible to enter this country illegally. Illegal immigrants do not get screened for diseases when they waltz into the country. Illegal immigrants bring disease.

No matter what the government does to try to prevent it from spreading into the USA, as long as we have people crossing the border illegally we are at risk!

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
And yet the same "left" claimed Trump's travel ban from infected countries was "racist". Bunch of morons.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Is there any way we can force a page-load of your original post before allowing forum access? You know, read this and agree to continue or go straight to time-out for the duration?

Asking for everyone with half a brain.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I hear you, but I actually more curious beyond the political wrangling as to aside from some voodoo budget cuts that did not actually happen what exactly people expect to be done here. I may start a new thread..........

Whatever is done, if Trump does it, it will be wrong for some people. If you haven't figured that out by now, well ...

Well, I suppose we could be the only country in the world that doesn't go down in screaming flames to this thing, and they'd call him racist for not letting us die along with the rest saying it was white superiority of some other drivel.

It's sad.

As far as this goes, the program is in place, and I fail to see how anyone in his place could do much different. This is pretty much uncharted territory for everyone alive, even the best so-called experts. We haven't been here in around 100 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh right... its an atrocity for the US to cut health funding in foreign countries while Bill Gates and the Chinese were planning to create both a pandemic and the vaccine. I found this in a Facebook page civilianintelligencenetwork.ca... hgNLEAQ

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Point to remember. The fat cats in all global markets absolutely love this chaos, and they are actively making it worse with all of the pre-orchestrated and PAID media hype. They are scaring the # out of the public AND major businesses, causing them to dump their shares in anything valuable. They sold their holdings in most of this days ago, and are now ready to pick it all back up at a real bargain.

This happens to us all the time, and we just let it happen. The virus is real , but in NO WAY as dangerous or as lethal as it is being pasted all over our media. It is the perfect storm for these greedy #ing assholes and we are more than willing as ever to accommodate them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join