It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA center in Alabama rejects Coronavirus patients

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

"The people of Alabama DO NOT want the coronavirus brought here," Rep. Bradley Byrne said on Twitter. "I’m fighting to bring this to a full stop. Leave these people in the place they came to, don’t spread them around the US, and keep them OUT of Alabama. The risk is much too high."

Every single cent that taxpayers paid for that facility, workers, local government needs to be recalled.
I get that people don't want coronavirus in their "backyard", but isn't this what these places are built for? They sure were OK with the money!!
Some of the reasoning they gave was fear for their lives and their children. If we are unable to contain it, that is something all of America is going to have to worry about.

If a state rejects fellow Americans, who will come to their aid when needed?

As much as we criticize China, I saw a video where people from all over the country were doing their part to help. They showed a business owner sending his own food, and supplies to medical personnel. They showed doctors and nurses flying in from all over the country. There was a young lady, she said she was single and went because she felt if something happened to her it would not be as big as a sacrifice. They was an older nurse. She had experience with SARS and felt her experience would help with the patients.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with Trump that these patients probably shouldn't have been flown all over without more thought. They have, so now is the time to deal with it. If there is not a single place in the United States to treat these people, then we are all doomed!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This is just the start.
Until the corona virus has shown it's presence in every community, there will be people barring entrance to anyone that comes from an area where it has shown up.
It has happened in small towns in China.
In the US, people are armed.
It could get down right ugly.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Someone with Wu-Flu should lick that clowns mouth.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Were those FEMA facilities built for disease containment? Or were they built to house people displaced by disaster?

There is a difference.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Were those FEMA facilities built for disease containment? Or were they built to house people displaced by disaster?

There is a difference.

www.al.com...

The Alabama-based center that will house coronavirus patients provides advanced training to first responders and is equipped with the nation’s only hospital facility used to prepare health care workers for disaster response.....as well as a clinical and isolation ward used for training.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The quote didn’t really answer the question? Is it a training facility?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What's a FEMA center?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

The quote didn’t really answer the question? Is it a training facility?

I did answer the question "built for disease containment"
I quoted "as well as a clinical and isolation ward used for training."

Regardless if it is used for training or not, it either is or isn't capable of containing disease.
That's like saying oh you can't really bake a real cake in a test/training kitchen, of course you can, in fact you should
be able to bake better in a test/training kitchen than any other kitchen!

This is the actual name of the place:

FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness.

If you think about it, if this is where they train people, and they aren't willing to take on people, what does that say?
They do have isolation wards and everything needed for a real incident, kinda like what is happening now!

For people that are splitting hairs over what this place is capable of, would you rather
A: have these people housed at DOD areas in Colorado/Texas/California
B: FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness?

I know what my answer is.

PS. This is how they advertise this place:

Train at the nation’s premier all-hazards training center! FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), located in Anniston, Alabama, is the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS)’s only federally chartered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training center. The CDP is committed to having an emergency response community prepared for and capable of responding to all-hazards events. They identify, develop, test, and deliver training to state, local, and tribal emergency response providers.

edit on 24-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The problem is that every time you move people with a disease, you're taking a chance that you are introducing that disease into the area you're moving it to.

If your aim is to slow down and contain the spread, it's the exact wrong strategy.

We already have isolated groups of disease in those other places, but you're all for creating a new one.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They should suspend all flights and out of country travels right now, and stop counting money.
There is still time to stop this, but we need to act now.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The problem is that every time you move people with a disease, you're taking a chance that you are introducing that disease into the area you're moving it to.

I'd rather these people be moved (safely) to an area that is appropriate for their condition. There is a reason they wanted to moved them in the first place from the DOD areas. My guess is that they can't guarantee containment. It is weighing the less of two evils.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm guessing the facility is at Fort McClellan. Some of it is open again after the superfund cleanup.

The newest part of the base, the old MP battalion areas and MP school, are still off limits and uninhabitable. The Chem/Bio areas were demolished during the cleanup.

The Reception Center, I think, can still house people, and the old mess is right next door.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

it is.

This is why they want to house them there:

abc3340.com...

HHS said the facility in Anniston was chosen because it's one of the most advanced training centers for medical first responders in the nation and is equipped with a fully self-contained hospital and 48 dorm rooms where the patients can he housed.

This is why they don't want them there:

"Something could escape. A worker or somebody who's infected. And then I could come in contact with that or anybody else that works out in the Fort McClellan area" said Nathan Young who lives and works around the CDP.

I want everyone to think about that for a minute...
Now, just imagine all these people at three bases, which desperately are trying to get them into one of these place....

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Fort Mac has always been an open base, which is probably why Trump said "no way".

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You

"as well as a clinical and isolation ward used for training."

Regardless if it is used for training or not, it either is or isn't capable of containing disease.

Not if the facility’s equipment is marked in that famous military stencil “For training only” FTO.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
They should suspend all flights and out of country travels right now, and stop counting money.
There is still time to stop this, but we need to act now.

Totally agree. I think we have a chance to turn the ship but people are moving too slowly on this.

I've always said when the media says go one way, you go the other.
I noticed on FB there is almost nothing on Cornavirus. To me that is scary. I somewhat feel like they are trying to prevent
mass panic.

In China they are telling people to go back to work.........ummm kinda hard to believe after they were just arresting people and putting them in boxes and spraying bleach on the roads. I wonder if the US is worried about the economic backlash and trying to hold off until it is no longer possible...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They just did the same in California - A judge actually blocked them from having quarantined patience in Cali.

At that moment, I would have said... "Ok... Fine. Let them go into the streets".

Sad when we wont even allow our own citizens to have a place to get well in our own country.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Breath, it’s going to be ok.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Breath, it’s going to be ok.

NO! If I breathe, I'll catch the virus!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Keep throwing around FEMA but no one has said what that is. Just to enlighten everyone FEMA stands for FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY. Now in my mind the Federal bit usurps the state bit so how can Alabama have a valid reason. And if it's classed as a federal emergency then that's a double whammy.
Anyway there's always area 51 aint that supposed to be a secure facility.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join