It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA center in Alabama rejects Coronavirus patients

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: visitedbythem

I like eating healthy to prevent or cure sickness but can you explain why wonton soup?

Its like chicken soup but even better

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

đź‘Ž

America's Breadbasket is the Plains and Midwest.

Back to elementary school with you.

This is the best climate for growing Americas food, and has some of the most fertile soil on the planet

If we don't produce it, you will get things figured out pretty quick

The farm families living fully successful and self sustaining lives in the east and midwest long before people even settled there would probably disagree.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Silly you! Take a deep breath, put on ski googles and use nose tweezers to put the sick card in boiling water for 5 min. Do not let ebay card with others in your wallet just in case. We don't know if fear-flu is just analog or went full digital yet. Better be safe...

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

i realize people like to be scared but, covid 19 has a long way to go before it even catches up with the flu. from the CDC last years count on the flu in just the U.S.

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1). The number of influenza-associated illnesses that occurred last season was similar to the estimated number of influenza-associated illnesses during the 2012–2013 influenza season when an estimated 34 million people had symptomatic influenza illness6.
Estimated Influenza Illnesses, Medical visits, Hospitalizations, and Deaths in the United States — 2018–2019 influenza season

covid 19 may or may not turn into a oh we're gonna die virus.
but what is the count now for covid 19? isn't it something like 75,000 reported cases and 2500 deaths. you have more to fear from getting the flu than covid, unless they mix then it's whoa nelly we are gonna die!

people need to stop freaking out and feeding the hysteria

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

đź‘Ž

America's Breadbasket is the Plains and Midwest.

Back to elementary school with you.

This is the best climate for growing Americas food, and has some of the most fertile soil on the planet

If we don't produce it, you will get things figured out pretty quick

The farm families living fully successful and self sustaining lives in the east and midwest long before people even settled there would probably disagree.

I garden year round here, outdoors

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I generally agree with your sentiment but, unfortunately, we don't really know the real numbers. The U.S. govt has already suggested that the Chinese are drastically underreporting cases/deaths and are being less than forthcoming about the origin of the outbreak. I think that uncertainty definitely feeds the fear.
edit on 24-2-2020 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

i can understand that. what i can't understand is that people aren't thinking about the numbers.

here is a article about the way china was /is / doing to confirm cases.

On Feb. 12, the national health committee announced that it was changing the way cases were counted in Hubei province. People with symptoms of the disease and with evidence of pneumonia on a CT scan but who had not been tested for presence of the virus — in other words, people who had a clinical diagnosis — would be added to the list of cases.

That day, the country reported a massive increase in cases — over 15,000. But since then, the daily numbers have tumbled. On Wednesday, China announced it was reverting to reporting laboratory-confirmed cases only. When the National Health Committee issued its update for Wednesday, it reported a net increase of only 394 cases — the first time in weeks the daily case increase was under 1,000 cases.
Experts say confusion over coronavirus case count in China is muddying picture of spread

and here is one from the same site where the WHO says it's still to soon to call it a pandemic.

He noted the group concluded, based on the data they saw, that the case fatality rate — the number of infected people who died — was between 2% and 4% in Wuhan, where the outbreak appeared to begin, and 0.7% elsewhere in China. None of those figures will allay fears of what the toll of this virus might be if it spreads globally.

To date outside of China, 28 countries have reported 2,074 cases and 23 deaths, Tedros said. China has reported 77,362 cases, and 2,618 deaths.
WHO tells countries to prepare for coronavirus pandemic, but insists it’s too soon to make that call

so in the most heavily reported area mortality rate is to 2 to 4 %.
compare that to the flu report.

here is another site that says the same thing.

As of February 11, 2020, the fatality rate of novel coronavirus COVID-19 (formally known as 2019-nCoV) ranged around 2.3 percent in China. The figure was higher in Hubei province, which where Wuhan city located in, reaching approximately 2.9 percent.
Fatality rate of novel coronavirus COVID-19 in China as of February 11, 2020, by region

odds of getting the flu and dying are higher than Covid 19
edit on 24-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Imagine gardening in the desert...without water.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Imagine gardening in the desert...without water.

Like the Saudis?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow a search for any disaster relief centers in Alabama turns up nothing.

egateway.fema.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There is no center in Alabama.
You can look up where they are.
Most are not permanent because they are set up in disaster areas for easy access by those in need. There are a few permanent ones but none in Alabama.
At least according to the government's own site.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

people need to stop freaking out and feeding the hysteria

Sorry but when I see large cities going around spraying disinfectant,
putting cities are the highest red alert level, restricting travel, shoving live humans in box trucks,
seeing people collapse on the road, all while knowing we aren't really even seeing all of it. How can I not be at the very least a little worried?

I think now that it
has moved to Korea/Iran/and parts of Europe, we will really see what we are dealing. I don't think there is real hysteria or
"freaking out" yet. I think some people realize we are not seeing the full picture. If this does come to the US with numbers that China is experiencing, then we will see freaking out!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

How many people in the USA have died from Coronavirus vs the Flu this year.

Collapsing in the street? How many people have been killed by drinking / texting driving this year?

Where are your posts concerning the common flu?

Flu Kills 646,000 People Worldwide Each Year: Study

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

The new figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other groups were published Dec. 13 in The Lancet medical journal.

www.medicinenet.com...

I think people are tired of the selective concern and doom.
edit on 25-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 25-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You

"freaking out" yet. I think some people realize we are not seeing the full picture. If this does come to the US with numbers that China is experiencing, then we will see freaking out!

Flu Season That's Sickened 26 Million May Be at Its Peak

Feb. 21, 2020
U.S. News & World Report

www.usnews.com...

At least 14,000 people have died and 250,000 have already been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season,

14,000 flu deaths in the USA? So? What number of deaths is the “freak out” threshold?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Where are your posts concerning the common flu?

Maybe you didn't see it but in another persons post, I did share a concern with the flu.
I have actually had a young vibrant healthy friend die of the flu.

I am able to both be concerned about the flu, and coronavirus, imagine that!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Sorry about your friend. I lost a friend because he blew himself up playing with gasoline.

More to the life than living in fear of what might happen.

Shrugs.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

By the way. You didn’t answer the question.

14,000 flu deaths in the USA? So? What number of deaths is the “freak out” threshold?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Of a population of 330 million? Taken in consideration the obesity in USA, I wouldn't be worried by higher death toll than of that by the ordinary flu. I would start freaking out if the death toll reached 50 k plus in 1 month. But we won't see those numbers, luckily.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

To me personally, a freak out point wouldn't necessarily be the number of deaths but
- how fast it spreads
- severity of symptoms
- markets & local economy
- possible social unrest

We are already seeing snippets of those things in other areas. I'm not one for believing China, but now that we are seeing other things in Korea, Italy etc, we'll see what this is really about.

So the actual coronavirus might kill some, but there are a lot of other things connected with it. It is obviously not the flu. It is something different and something scary enough that people in power are taking notice. If not so bad what's the problem with housing people here or there? Why the lockdowns etc..

I do not believe in living in fear, but I do believe in being prepared. That means being skeptical and always preparing for the worst.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

I believe China is covering up their Coronavirus deaths. I think it’s more out of covering up the Coronavirus might have escaped a lab. Still. 3000 deaths out of a population of 1.3 billion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join