It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patrice O'Neal Commentary on Radiohead's "Creep"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Wow, thanks for turning me on to OK Computer! Listening now, it's great!

Ah, I had heard Karma Police before, great song but I never knew what it was called...

When I was in highschool I got caught saying I was spending the night at a friend's house, while my friend said the same. The ol switcheroo. My mother called back saying "why is there nothing? Nothing going on? No noise, no talking! You're up to something, and its not just weed!". Smart lady, I was on a funny fungus. Anyway, I pulled up in the driveway with Karma Police on the stereo. It holds a special place in my heart. Thank God I can keep my sh!t together, lol. It's a good thing I got in trouble in the end. My friend ended up getting arrested. Mother knows best after all.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Two points.

1. "White" people and "Black" people. How tedious and simplistic. No mention of speaking a "white" language. The politics of racial division.
2. Yeah, Radiohead are good. Saw them live many years ago around Oxford before they were famous, and when the world was simpler. Those were the days.

White people and black people typically speak differently. To not note that is tedious and simplistic. It's ok. Different people have different upbringings. You can say it. It's ok. It's not bad or good. It's just different. It's ok.

ETA: Tell a black person they are the same as a white person. See how they react. Bring a notepad.

Also, that wasn't meant as a greater than/less than. Just a note on upbringing.
edit on 30-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Must be an American thing

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Must be an American thing

I think you're right.
edit on 30-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Haha, good story... Funny fungus, nice. I have similar tales from back in the day, somehow managed to never get in any real trouble myself... I have a song that marks one of my most memorable experiences too. I won't mention it here...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Wanna really have your mind blown? Check out Radiohead's secret album. OK Computer and In Rainbows together. Sign me me up. It's like a modern day Dark Side of the Rainbow. Or literally everything Tool does, because they're obviously aliens.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Interesting, I'd never heard of that either... I read the article you linked to and am fascinated by it. I have to have that album now. Kind of like watching The Wizard of Oz and listening to Dark Side of the Moon as the sound track. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks man....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join