It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Worried Yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Worried no, concerned yes...

Picked up a few extra things as a just in case, and when I goto the doctor next week for a follow up on my knee problems ill ask if any of these masks are actually useful.

In part cause I have a kid now and in part because over the next few months the wife will be traveling to Texas and California for work and it pays to be careful.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, that sounds like it.

Keep in mind that my shoulder back then was still stiff enough I was having trouble sleeping more than 6 or 7 hours because that was all I had ice pack for. When I was going through the worst of it, I was sleeping 10 to 11 hours without even trying.

Oof, you know it's a doozy of a cold or whatever when you can sleep through that unaided

Hubs slept a hell of a lot each stretch, too, he was out cold for almost 14 hours on his peak day, not including the roughly 10 minutes I had him awake to get water & a little food in him -- snorted those & went right back to sleep.

Offhand, what makes this cold so memorable for me as the observer was how fast it hit. He went to bed that night perky & fine, and woke up 7 hours later for work the next morning looking like death warmed over. I knew as soon as he cracked open the peepers and sat up that he was in NO shape to go in to work. I'd assumed maybe he had food poisoning from dinner the previous night, but it became clear quickly that he didn't. It was just so damn fast-hitting, you go to bed fine & wake up looking like the walking dead.

originally posted by: Riffrafter

My hubs missed 2 weeks of work (3 12 hr shifts one week, 4 12 hr shifts the next) due to a bug he picked up at work around New Year's. It ripped through everyone, they had a lot of people call out sick for 2+ weeks before it ran it's course & everyone got better. He described it as "a bad lingering cold that tried to be a lingering flu". No fever, but a bad headache, runny nose & sneezing, coughing, sore throat, complete lack of energy (wiped out feeling) and not being able to get quite warm/cool enough (so just shy of hot/cold chills/flashes)

Bingo!

That is EXACTLY what I have - the same exact symptoms.

It's been hanging on for over 2 weeks now although I am a little better today, finally.

It's brutal whatever it is.

And it lets up a little, and revs back up again, right? It did for my husband, he thought by the next work week that he was getting better (and he did look it) but it swooped back in for Round Two to kick his ass all over again. But when it started to let up after that, it kept letting up and hasn't come back for Round Three, so I think he's fine & on the mend. There's light at the end of the tunnel, you're just playing what feels like a losing game of chicken with the virus train to get there!

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Is it possible to crop-dust the infected areas and projected infected areas with a Lysol disinfectant that is safe for the environment?

a reply to: StallionDuck

LYSOL Disinfectant Spray is a hospital-grade spray and kills 99.9 percent of viruses, including norovirus, which causes the stomach flu. It also eliminates 99.9 percent of bacteria and fungi, helping to control the growth of mold and mildew, remove odors, and prevent seasonal colds, flus, and allergies.

Treating the air, building ventilation and contact surfaces as much as possible. Hopefully limiting some exposure...

Good luck

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yeah ... went to bed with a bit of a frog maybe, and woke up feeling like crap.

It doesn't sound like I was quite as bad off as your husband, but I'm also still trying to fully kick it too.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good to know Ket.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Event 201" and "Agenda 21 ...yeeh just a coincidence?

You can't make this stuff up

This blows my mind... This guy Tim Evans (Worldg Bank Group) is telling me that they will confiscate all assets globally and for anyone that doesn't think it can be done, they don't know the power of the United Nations.

W....T....F....

Can't make it up is right... when it's coming out of their mouths for all to hear... Bet no one would touch this in the media with a 10ft pole. At least until it's in full swing and billions already infected.
edit on 25-1-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
There isn’t anything we can do about it so no, I’m not worried. If it is my time it is my time.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

So this "Cedar Fever" is essentially a blowout allergic reaction?

I also have pollen allergies but what I'm suffering from now is far worse than that.

Everything that allergies give you plus aches in all of my main joints - knees especially, but also hips, elbows and lower back.

Hope you guys get through this quickly. I'm finally starting to feel better....finally.

When I first moved here, I didn't notice anything when everyone around me was getting sick this time of year. Though, it was always cedar pollen. Apparently, that $#!% BURNS when it gets up there in your head. I figured I was immune from living around oak and pine trees all my life. 8 years later... this is the 3nd year it started getting to me. Each year a little worse than the one before. My car is blue any other time of the year. I wash it every weekend and the next day, yellow as a daisy.

I think it's getting better now that we started getting some rain. Not much but enough to ground that unholy tree plague.

At least I think it was allergies.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Is it possible to crop-dust the infected areas and projected infected areas with a Lysol disinfectant that is safe for the environment?

Maybe? But that might do more harm than good. I did read something recently that it's not as easy to kill as other strains. I don't know where I read it and I just looked for it but no luck. At this point, not really sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo
Hi,
I have had pneumonia three times. I had it when I was seven months pregnant when I had it so bad , I was in the hospital for two months. After I got out of hospital , I got plursery I can't spell it but that's what it sounds like.the the membrain that encases lungs gets dried out. It feels like someone is stabbing you with a knife, every breath you take. It was worst pain, I had natural birth with that child. no pain killers. That was not as bad as the pneumonia.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: justdust
a reply to: Kenzo
Hi,
I have had pneumonia three times. I had it when I was seven months pregnant when I had it so bad , I was in the hospital for two months. After I got out of hospital , I got plursery I can't spell it but that's what it sounds like.the the membrain that encases lungs gets dried out. It feels like someone is stabbing you with a knife, every breath you take. It was worst pain, I had natural birth with that child. no pain killers. That was not as bad as the pneumonia.

You mean pleurisy. It's an inflammation of the parietal pleura membrane, not a drying out of them.

Incidentally, my husband has the honor of developing this many years ago after a bout of pneumonia. And he stresses it's the one thing he hopes not even his worst enemy has to tango with, he said the breathing pain was off the scale for him.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hmmm, husband does recall now that they did entertain some VIPs from China in December. He was required to take them to dinner among other things. That is aside from the Chinese employees who went home to visit family.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Hello

Two months hospital tell`s it was bad, i was just about 8-9 days in hospital, breathing was difficult and after i walk out from hospital it taked some time to get breathing back to normal again. But the antibiotics caused damage to my gut system, and recovering that has taked years.

And after this one and only pneunomia, i have wanted to make sure i wont get it again ....Wish i had know liposomal vitamin C then...probably would prevent my case then IMO .

Lets hope we dont get it again Stay well be safe

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Minnesota gears up virus precautions as two suspected cases are reported

The Minnesota Department of Health issued an alert to doctors and other health care providers this week asking them to notify authorities about any patients with respiratory symptoms or fevers who recently traveled in Wuhan, China. Callbacks from Minnesota doctors resulted in state officials sending two lab samples from suspect patients for testing at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Glad I moved.

Am I worried?
Not yet, but I am weary.

Sooner or later a nightmare scenario will happen.
It has to.
Is this it?
So far is doesn't seem so but...

When it does happen I will simply lock myself inside and wait it out or die because I already have it.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not sure I'd say worried, but feeling concerned enough to log back into ATS after being away for at least a couple years! Theres always been intelligent and sound minded folks on here that I wanted to read what everyone was up to regarding this ongoing situation.

For my regularly scheduled grocery shopping trip today I budgeted to add some extra preparedness measures. I normally shop for two-three weeks at a time, this time I added enough food stores for myself, kiddo, and dogs to bump that up to be able to stay isolated for a month if need be. I also added some vitamin c, fever/pain meds, electrolytes (needed to restock my medicine cabinet anyway). Already had some gloves (I use them when I cook meat lol) and some masks (should I Have to go out for some reason).

I'm a big fan of the motto "hope for the best but prepare for the worst". As a single mom I think it's my responsibility to be as ready as I can! Best wishes everyone!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
not too much worried this time of year... but the disease might mutate faster in the Spring time (march/april)

I am putting off attending a legal workshop that's on Feb 8th...
and opting for a similar workshop sometime in March, if enough people sign up for the presentation

I will feel easier in a group that's closer to my address instead of 30 miles distant at the County Seat, since I will be relying on public transportation in the County Seat Legal Workshop- but have private transport for the local workshop clinic

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Y'all do understand that honey kills all known viruses right?

There's nothing to fear from diseases like this.

If you're skeptical you really should use Google and investigate actual research papers from legitimate universities.

Its hard to get honey into your lungs though, and snorting it carries its own risks.

Bleach kills most viruses too, as does silver, but you can't injest them insufficient quantities to help.

Consumption of honey gives a measure of protection against microbes local to the area it was produced (at the time of production / growth of the flowers.)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Y'all do understand that honey kills all known viruses right?

There's nothing to fear from diseases like this.

If you're skeptical you really should use Google and investigate actual research papers from legitimate universities.

Its hard to get honey into your lungs though, and snorting it carries its own risks.

Bleach kills most viruses too, as does silver, but you can't injest them insufficient quantities to help.

Consumption of honey gives a measure of protection against microbes local to the area it was produced (at the time of production / growth of the flowers.)

Ridiculous.

You eat the honey and the important chemicals get in your bloodstream then fights off internal infections.

That's how all food nutrition gets to every area in your body by the way. It's also the theory behind pills.

Your comment about "local microbes" reveals you haven't studied any research on this at all. They showed it kills HIV and MRSA Superbugs along with everything else.

You conflated the fact that local honey is the best choice for combatting local pollen and grass allergies.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I’ll tell you what, I’m convinced I caught a Chinese flu virus in the late 1990’s and to this day, it still freaks me out to think about it. The illness was something different than I had ever had, or that I knew of—-anyone I knew had ever had. Looking back, I should have been in the hospital.

My ex was a pilot who flew to China often. One day, my daughter got ill, and by the time it got to me, I went down fast. I remember the first instance it began, the room was spinning a bit and a weird feeling of wanting to collapse set in. By midweek, my fever was so high I was hallucinating at night. My head hurt so badly, I literally crouched into the kitchen to get water, holding my head as I went. I couldn’t get out of bed most of the time. My hair hurt. Light assaulted my eyes.

Five days went by and I was still so sick I couldn’t get up. I was home alone that week because my ex had the kids. I don’t remember eating. Or drinking much. I remember thinking I could die. When people called to see how I was, all I could do was cry. I honestly could barely speak.

About six days in my mother came and got me and brought me to her house. I remember drinking a little broth and regaining my strength. By Day 8 I was well enough to go home. But it took another week to get back to normal life.

For a few years after, remembering how sick I was, I’d literally cry talking about it. It was like recalling a nightmare.

I’ve never been that sick since, nor would I wish that on anyone. I had a weird feeling from Day One that this had come from China via my ex. No one else in our community was sick, for example. And no one I’d known had these symptoms. He’d just returned from a trip when we got it a few days later.

But this story should be proof of how these things can spread. Pilots, passengers.... airports. It’s too easy.

I was in my late 30’s at the time and was obviously strong enough to survive it. But I’ll tell you, I can imagine someone dying from what I had... whatever it was.

I’ve been a fastidious handwasher ever since. I also wear a mask on planes and don’t give a damn what anyone thinks.

Once bitten, twice shy.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Graphic:

mobile.twitter.com...

Supposed footage of late stage wu flu. From what I've read as to how the virus effects the lungs as to you drown in your own blood and fluid. I have reason to believe this footage is legitimate.

mobile.twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join