It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Yep. I quoted from wiki - the Wuhan Metro area total.

Population (2018)
• Prefecture-level & Sub-provincial city 11,081,000
• Urban (2018)
• Metro
19 million
en.wikipedia.org...

Someone else just called the same number...

Vincent Lee (Reuters)
‏Verified account @Rover829

Reuters: A second study by researchers at Britain’s Lancaster University ...estimated that the central Chinese city of Wuhan where the outbreak began in December will alone have around 190,000 cases of infection by Feb. 4.
8:38 PM - 25 Jan 2020
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I'm going for a bike ride, im going to go see how supplies of facemasks are at chemists and so forth.. see what the publics feeling

Preping for the worst just in case.

All Bunnings stores are sold out of N95 masks here in Perth due to the bush fires, as I asked and they checked this morning.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

That's 7600 to 9500 deaths with 4-5% mortality rate.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Is it possible to crop-dust the infected areas and projected infected areas with a Lysol disinfectant that is safe for the environment?

a reply to: Agit8dChop

LYSOL Disinfectant Spray is a hospital-grade spray and kills 99.9 percent of viruses, including norovirus, which causes the stomach flu. It also eliminates 99.9 percent of bacteria and fungi, helping to control the growth of mold and mildew, remove odors, and prevent seasonal colds, flus, and allergies.

Treating the air, building ventilation and contact surfaces as much as possible. Hopefully limiting some exposure...

Good luck

edit on 1/25/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Wow this is a critical point... really puts things into perspective:

Wuhan is just one city. I could be totally off base but China is over 2000 right now (as reported) and SARS (slightly more contagious) had around 8,100 infected and ~800 deaths but that count was a 9 month period.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hey there are a few australian ebay stores that are selling them, if you search " Washable Reusable N95 Anti Air Pollution Face Mask With Respirator &10Filters BO " they are $8 AUD each free shipping.
I myself just ordered " 7 in 1 6800 Full Face Gas Mask Facepiece Reusable Respirator " I'm using it for spray painting but the virus is 2.5km away from me so I feel like if I don't prep I'll kick myself for it later
a reply to: gps777

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wickedchilde
Cheers for the info -- I checked my local Bunnings in FNQ Australia but they were all out of stock (a LOT of Chinese tourists travel up this way especially now so folks here are understandably a bit concerned). Ordered 2 from eBay, will recommend family to get some more.

edit on 25/1/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wickedchilde

I think we're all going to need full HAZMAT suits

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I don't need no stinkin mask.
A human hair strand is about about 80,000 to 100,000 nm (nanometers) in diameter, and a DNA molecule is between 2-12 nm wide. The Coronaviruses are about 100 nm. That will pass right through a N95 or similar surgical mask like it wasn't even present. It may give you some (very little) protection if someone infected spits/sneezes on you assuming a virus particle misses your eyes.

You need a full on airtight mask apparatus like a chem/bio astronaut suit/helmet w/oxygen tank prepped to go into a level 4 virus hazard zone in west Africa. Yea, I can see myself going to work wearing that outfit. Not!

You're more prone to catching it by your hands touching face, mouth, rubbing eyes. Wash hands often and lysol the hell out of your environment.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Some footage that should be shared! I can imagine the effort and fear the young man went through to upload this video. It outlines general conditions in Wuhan, and his frustrations with the government in general and their response to the virus. He also states how easily it is transmitted.

Video is slightly confronting.A health worker comments via social media "there is over 100,000 people infected."

I have also read medical staff are wearing contince aids as not to take P.P.E's off, as there is no replacement protective clothing for them. Also they cannot stop for toilet breaks.

Video of a hospital staff member requesting donations of P.P.E.

edit on 25-1-2020 by NoWorldOpium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ugh.. I'm going back to the "Japan declares nuclear emergency" thread for a pick-me-up.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is like watching a movie, sadly.

From BNO NewsroomVerified account
@BNODesk

"NEW: Ezhou, a city of 1 million which has been on a partial lockdown, has now been put on a full lockdown."

Ezhou gov't:
- Roads to/from the city closed
- All private vehicles are banned from city center
- Marriages, birthdays, and other private gatherings are banned
- All internet cafes and entertainment venues closed
- Funerals cannot exceed 3 days, close family only, 20 people max

"The Ezhou government's statement also says bodies will be 'sent for cremation.' It's unclear if that means cremation is mandatory."
twitter.com...

This could never happen in a med-to-large city in the US. Martial Law would have to be declared.

Shantou, a city in Guangdong province with nearly 5.5 million people, will be put on total lockdown from midnight.

twitter.com...
edit on 25-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
This could never happen in a med-to-large city in the US. Martial Law would have to be declared.

It absolutely could happen in the US, as it is exactly what martial law is.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Another (albeit unsubstantiated) report circulating around WeChat in Shanghai. Seems wishful thinking, if not out-right propaganda, but thought I would share for later reference:
(as before WeChat translated from Chinese to Engrish):

"The good news comes again:
The vaccine is out! Scientists in China have read all the gene sequences of the new coronavirus, and made a highly efficient and sensitive disease diagnostic reagent, which has been highly praised by the World Health Organization. On this basis, Chinese scientists accurately located the unique antigen gene sequence of the new coronavirus, The virus antigen gene was cut out, human tissues were cultured by transgenic method, and the resistant drugs against new coronavirus infection were obtained from human tissue cells. The mice were highly effective and disease resistant.
Pay high tribute to the scientists [Rose][Rose][Rose][ThumbsUp][ThumbsUp][ThumbsUp]
"

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

edit on 25/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm going for a bike ride, im going to go see how supplies of facemasks are at chemists and so forth.. see what the publics feeling

Preping for the worst just in case.

All Bunnings stores are sold out of N95 masks here in Perth due to the bush fires, as I asked and they checked this morning.

Yep, i cycled past 8 pharmacies in subi and vic park and 2 bunnings. All sold out with waiting lists.
Some of the pharmacy folks laughed at me... there was one tall, skinny, asian guy who i saw at e pharmacies walk in/out just before me. He was looking too.

I found some on pinjarrah through a friend though.

As i was walking through vic park pharmacy it dawned on me how busy it was... mostly asian... lots at the vitamin rack.. i admit i dropped my head and held my breathe as i walked past them
edit on 25/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Everyone has been sick with the flu, but that flu has nothing on the Taiwan flu. It's no joke. You feel like death is near. High temps, violent vomits, stomach cramps, tremors almost turning into convulsions, shallow breathing. It was everything a normal flu only 10 times over. Took ice cold baths and showers to bring temp down and loads of Tylenol. I was at the point that I should of probably been hospitalized with probably a plasma fusion meds cocktail. I hear about H1N1 and all this I run and hide for a while.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Now have a second confirmed case in Chicago and Toronto

The suspected patient in North Carolina has been ruled out

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

not sure where you are talking about but here in PA people don't even know this is going on

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join