It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 237
<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The root of cause of this, is the open farmers markets with no oversight from a health organization. One at a government federal level. Selling tainted food, food prep, cooking of food, handling/packaging/storage, expiration dates. It is absolutely necessary and critical to adhere to standards. As an example look back at the "Black Death" Bubonic plague. Open markets also attracts mice, rats, fly pests of all kinds, flea's on the rats, stagnated bodies of water with mosquito larva. Then you have groups of people just stupidly eating tainted animals known to have these diseases. People handling the food with unclean hands too. All of this spells disaster, no doubt about it!
edit on 1-2-2020 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: celltypespecific

It really comes down to this single question in my mind.

Would a country that had dealt with SARS, Swine Flu, Pig Flu, reacted well for MERS and routinely deal with hoof and mouth outbreaks be acting on this scale to a bat flu strain outbreak?

They have -
60 million full stay at home quarantine
80% of country in some form of lockdown
Masks required when outside in most of country
Extreme travel restrictions within country
Schools closed for at least 1 week, maybe 4 more
Barricades, drone surveillance, sealing people inside their houses
Ordered all dead bodies cremated, no handling or burial allowed, die go straight to crematory

All of that is confirmed via multiple sources.

Hey Spartan, check your messages.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

“Over the course of the patient’s admission, he developed severe pneumonia. In his last few days, the patient was stable and showed signs of improvement,” Duque said.

“However, the condition of the patient deteriorated within the last 24 hours resulting in his demise. We are currently working with the Chinese Embassy to ensure the dignified management of the remains according to national and international standards to contain the disease,” he added.

Was just lurking for very helpful information in terms of preparation, but this just got in. This is with regards to the second case in the Philippines. San Lazaro hospital is within the capital. It is not accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI). [San Lazaro Hospital is a referral facility for Infectious/ Communicable Diseases. It is one of the retained special tertiary hospital of the Department of Health (DOH) which is subsidized by the national government.]

Source: newsinfo.inquirer.net...

edit on 1-2-2020 by smirnoffsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Leeyum
Im in waiuku,plenty of stock for food,Tasman sea only 2km away,and I'm a farmhand and mad fisho,we are on bore water also. I'm known as uncle Apocalypse in my family,the odds are better for us than most I'd say. We have maybe 2 visitors a week,and I joined an antisocial group last year .....we haven't had a meeting yet

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

I don't know man.
They have had open markets just about their entire history.
And this happens now?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

I'm not so convinced that that's the case anymore.

Only 27 of the 41 initial patients had direct exposure to the market (Source).

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ch1m3ra

Correct.

And I read somewhere which I can’t find it again but it was a Lancet article that patient zero had no contact with market. Lancet also noted an older couple very specifically were in first 27 infections leading me to this scenario,

Son works at virus lab in Wuhan (it’s 20 miles from the market)
Accidentally infects himself
Goes home, passes it to mommy and daddy who are probably retired
They go to the meat market, shopping even just a single time
Infection spreads from there

And pandemic here we are.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: weirdguy

Many papers and analysis indicate when infected it suppresses your Immune response allowing other infections to occur or existing ones to activate (don’t know a better word)

Yes that right, because 2019-ncov attaches to Ace2 receptor. Ace2 helps to moderate the immune response.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If true, no way the official numbers are correct.

Been seeing videos like this one all day.
edit on 1-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Have you also read that so far, all the cases off that German chain have been mild and mostly asymptomatic? One of the two Germans directly infected by the Chinese national had already had and gotten over his symptoms by the time news got back to him and he was tested and it was discovered he had it.

The other cases on that chain have likewise been mild to asymptomatic thus far. They have shown signs of pneumonia, but more of a walking pneumonia type situation where you have it, yes, but don't really know you do.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Chur brother! I'm in rural Wairarapa. I'm self sufficient except for power, so it sounds like we're both better set than most will be.

Just gotta decide when to pull the pin on work!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good lord. That fills me with sorrow.

link   
a reply to: Leeyum
Far quirk man,I chucked it in last Monday,and am already eyeing up some cured meats if the power goes out. A guy I know delivers logs on a freighter to china out of Tauranga,he flew back today and has been sent to hobsinville air Base for 2 week lockdown,and another person is in a hotel in Auckland city,she went to pick up her sister from the airport back from China,and got quarentined as well ......

edit on 1-2-2020 by hiddenNZ because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

a reply to: weirdguy

Many papers and analysis indicate when infected it suppresses your Immune response allowing other infections to occur or existing ones to activate (don’t know a better word)

Yes that right, because 2019-ncov attaches to Ace2 receptor. Ace2 helps to moderate the immune response.

but was that same Ace2 receptor thing also in SARS ?

ACE-2: The SARS Receptor
Identified

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Which leads to a higher likelihood if one were to entertain the notion of a man 'augmented' virus
that its tinkered to really be a problem in a high population density, 3rd world type situations whereby the virus has plenty of time to spread asymptomatically, and then progresses far enough with pneumonia to kill through complications and not enough medical aid.

Cue all the first world low number cases getting over it so quickly, while it seems to be catastrophic for China.

So technically it might've never been meant for China, but was a screw up.

If one wanted to go full mode tin hat wearing old style ATS - what country is resource rich and has a lot of Chinese investment, Chinese built infra structure, ghost cities, along with being highly populated and having 3rd world medical problems? Perhaps expansion is the game.

edit on 1-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

They are serious on body disposal and mandatory cremation.

Guidelines for the Disposal of Remains of Patients with Pneumonia Infected by New Coronavirus

You'll need to run it through the Good translator unless you read Chinese.

"The Battle for Wuhan II" coming soon to a theatre near you.
This time they're fighting an invisible enemy.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In light of the latest developments I am seriously preparing for what comes next. I count myself lucky to have this much advance notice contrary to other SHTF situations. I just hope to never see those lab coat dudes cocking their guns in front of my home. The best case scenario would be 2-3 months of chaos then slowly back to normal life again after the virus spread peaks. The family leaves the house only when we know more about what exactly this is and doctors are once again available to treat us if we catch it. The worst case scenario would be Mad max type society collapse with criminal gangs raiding houses. Not prepped for that and hope it never happens

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 14,556 confirmed cases worldwide, including 305 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

With all the people basically under house arrest you have to wonder how many are dead at home ? I did read about a young special care case child who died because his care giver was on lock down. Starved to death..
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's new confirmed infections from the coronavirus outbreak increased by a daily record, up by 2,590 cases on Saturday to top 14,000, as the quickly growing epidemic prompted global travel restrictions and evacuations.

The death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in China had reached 304 as of the end of Saturday, state broadcaster CCTV said on Sunday, citing the country's National Health Commission.

All the new deaths and most of the new infections on Saturday were in central Hubei province, the epicenter of the flu-like coronavirus outbreak.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: confiden

Wife and I have been slowly stocking up lest our neighbors see as we live in an apartment at the moment. My mom is stocking up majorly on my advice. They triple ordered my dads medicine so they have 90 days.

I bought extra ammo and brushed up on my shooting with brother in law.

I also prepped bug out bags without food in them in case we grab and dash to moms house.

top topics

<< 234  235  236    238  239  240 >>

join